Top 5.5 Ways a Firewall Will Help Protect you and your Network from Zombies
Day of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Dawn of the Dead. What do all of these movies have in common? Zombies, of course! With all of these zombies running around, we have all realized the importance of having a firewall to protect ourselves. (See what I did there with those firewalls? Ha!) Firewalls have always been
the protector of your network, and we definitely should take advantage of their abilities to stop those ugly monsters from getting in. Here are the top 5.5 ways a firewall will help protect you and your network from zombies:
1. Internet filtering– The ability to block traffic based on IP Protocol, IP address, and/or port number. It is the act of being a barrier to keep destructive elements (zombies) out of your network or a specific computer. The internet filtering will allow you to limit what computer users can search and browse.
2. Firewall Body Shield– Who doesn’t like good protection? Let us introduce the magnificent Firewall shield that will hide your body and deter the scariest of zombies out there. Just think, as you are running into the sea of zombies with your killing weapon of choice, you must have a shield to block out the Zombie juice! (Ew, that’s disgusting!)
3. Security– Firewalls have the ability to secure your home or business from viruses and hackers. By securing your network, you can prevent outside computers from accessing your system and prohibit the ability to transmit sensitive data outside of your network. Securing your network will assist in prohibiting network hacking.
4. Firewall fort– There isn’t anything greater than a massive fort! Protecting you from natural elements and placed in a strategic location where you can protect your life or network from anything. You will start to relive your childhood dreams of the ultimate firewall fort…mission accomplished.
5. Remote Access– A firewall is also useful for allowing remote access to a private network through secure authentication certificates and logins. It is important to make sure you have a firewall that can hold all of your employees as they VPN to work.
5.5 Who doesn’t like a .5 reason? – Since zombies are a serious matter, we figured we should give you another tip on how to protect yourself. Drum roll please… a handy-dandy survival kit! We don’t want you to get gobbled up by the zombies, so make sure you pack these items in your kit: AC Power Cord, rack mount kit, and Ethernet. These items will help you in multiple ways. (You’re welcome.)
So I think you got the point, having a firewall will serve as the protecting device from all those scary zombies. Considering The Walking Dead and Halloween is upon us, we figured it’d be appropriate for you to sharpen up your tools just in case you run into a Walker or an ugly virus trying to corrupt your network. Either way, we hope this little bit of information has helped you in your preparations.