Have you heard the big news?! CablesAndKits is proud to now offer HP & Dell servers! What does that mean for you? You can now purchase servers for your network and even build your own server to be customized especially for you. This is a big deal and we want you to take advantage of this new product launch.
What is a server?
Servers are computers or devices on a network that manages network resources. The purpose of a server is to share data or hardware and software resources among clients. Servers are often used to deliver a service that is required constantly. If and when a server fails, they cause the network users or company many problems.
Common Spec terms:
- Processor: Tells your computer what to do and when to do it. The processor decides which tasks are more important and prioritized them to your computer needs.
- Hard drive: Used to permanently store and retrieve information. Storage is the hard drive’s responsibility. Everything that is kept on your server is on a hard drive.
- RAM: Stands for Random Access Memory as active memory. RAM holds far less information than the hard drive but works at a much higher speed while performing multiple functions at once.
Server Form Factors at CK:
- Rackmount servers: These are the basic building blocks for today’s data center. This form of a server is known to handle a variety of workloads. 1U servers are powerful, economical, and useful for everyday business operations. 2U servers have an increased memory support and expansion capabilities. Find rackmount servers here.
- Blades: These servers add computing power for demanding workloads without the bulkiness or cost of larger server form factors. Blades offer some advantages with applications such as web hosting and virtualization. Find blade servers here.
- Tower: These computers are intended for use as a server and build in an upright cabinet that stands alone. Towers are a similar size and shape to the cabinet for a tower-style personal computer. Easier to cool, towers allow scalability due to the ability to add multiple servers to an existing network. Find tower servers here.
Benefits of CK’s servers:
- End user ready: All of our servers will be plug and play once they arrive on your doorstep, cutting down the time in getting your server up and running.
- Fast turnaround: Each custom server has a build time of 24-48 hours. This quick turnaround time will allow you to keep your network running with a minimal downtime.
- Updated with latest BIOS: Having the latest update allows you to start using the server as soon as you get it connected.
Need a custom build?
Servers house all the important things for your network. You have the ability to control every aspect of the server from the processor to upgrading the memory or hard drive. We are happy to provide you with custom built servers that will provide you with exactly what you need.
As the cherry on top, we figured you’d appreciate lifetime warranty on all parts of the servers, including hard drives and batteries. How great is that? We understand that in the event of a malfunction or failure, having a warranty is essential to get you back up and running as soon as possible. In the case that you do experience a malfunction or failure, give us a call or shoot us an email and we will get a replacement out to you! Doesn’t it feel good knowing CablesAndKits stands behind all of their products?
Contact us to start building your own server!