In This Issue: 10ft Black Cat5 Slim Ethernet Patch Cable | Hidden Google Games | News to Start Your Day
Happy Cinco De Mayo! Today is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862!
The CK Daily – Birthday Traditions
Well, we have successfully made it to the month of May and I can’t be more excited as this is my birthday month. I’m the type of person who loves to celebrate others and myself in a big way. Typically for my birthday, I celebrate each week of May in some way. Whether it’s going out to my favorite restaurant, buying something I’ve always wanted, or strongly suggesting to my husband the idea of “surprising” me with an activity I’ve always wanted to do.
Over the years, I’ve learned 2 things:
1. Life is too short not to enjoy it to the fullest.
2. Celebrating/pampering yourself is one of the most rewarding things you can do.
Do you have birthday traditions? If so, what are they?
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Hope you’re having a wonderful Wednesday!
Today we want to introduce you to Slim Ethernet Patch Cables. These cables are not only stylish (as slim is in) but very functional as well. The slim cable is ideal for high-density installations in data centers, but really could be used in any application where Cat6 is needed. The thinner cable design provides for better airflow and easier cable management. The low-profile boot design also makes it easier to use when connecting and disconnecting cables. At 28 AWG vs the standard 24 AWG this low profile cable is 25% smaller in diameter than standard Ethernet Patch Cables. Did we mention that this thin profile doesn’t come at the cost of performance?
These cables are CAT6 rated, UL listed, RoHS Compliant, ETL Verified, and meet several verification standards. Even better we have the 10ft Black Cat5 Slim Ethernet Patch Cable on sale now!
7 Hidden Google Games You Can Play for Free!
Time seems to slow down when you’re bored and can’t find ways to pass the time. Thankfully, Google has you covered—no need for a gaming PC or console, Google has secret mini-games in almost all of its products, from Chrome and Search to Google Earth.
These include old favorites like Pac-Man and Tic-Tac-Toe, as well as some Google originals like the hidden dinosaur game. If you’re bored, struggling with ways to count down the hours, and desperately avoiding the day job, then these hidden Google games could be the answer!
1. Flight Simulator (Google Earth)
To play Flight Simulator, all you need is to launch Google Earth Pro and press Ctrl + Alt + A to launch the Flight Simulator window. It allows you to choose your aircraft and start location, as well as allowing you to control the simulator using a joystick.
2. Google Dinosaur Game (Google Chrome)
If you’ve ever wondered why you see a dinosaur in Google Chrome whenever you lose connection trying to access a page, wonder no longer. This is actually a fun little built-in hidden Google game for you to try.
To play it, type solitaire into Google Search on any browser and press the Play button. You can choose to play either the easy or hard difficulty modes by pressing on one of the options.
4. Clouds (Android)
If you’re looking for a hidden Google Android game, then give Clouds a try. This casual game will only appear when you try to make a search on Google in the Google Android app while your device is offline.
To play Pac-Man, all you need to do is search for Pac-Man in a Google search. Instead of a typical search snippet or video, Google will instead provide you with a playable, HTML5 version of the classic Pac-Man game at the top of the search results.
6. Google Doodle Games
For many years, Google has switched up its logo for new art and entertainment to celebrate events. Originally, these were just images, but as web tech has improved, these have evolved into fully-fledged interactive experiences. You can plan the different ones overtime in the Google Doodles Archive.
7. Text Adventure
You’ll need to use the hidden Google Chrome console to use this. First, search for text adventure in Google Search, then right-click the browser window and press Ctrl+Shift+J to open the browser console. In the console terminal, type yes and press enter to begin playing the game.
Want to learn more about these games, check out more of this article here!
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,716,208 active COVID cases, 25,966,389 have recovered and there have been 592,410 deaths.
- UPS and FedEx are working to provide critical aid to India as Covid cases there have topped 20 million. The UPS Foundation is pledging $1 million in aid and FedEx announced a $4 million commitment.
- Convenience store chain Circle K is launching a beverage subscription program for $5.99 per month.
- Facebook’s Workplace enterprise communications software has now reached 7 million paid subscribers. Facebook Workplace facilitates online group work, instant messaging, video conferencing, and news sharing.
- The American Rescue Plan, which President Joe Biden signed in mid-march, waived federal tax on up to $10,2000 of unemployment benefits. The IRS will start issuing refunds to eligible taxpayers in May. This applies to workers who have filed a tax return before the Covid relief bill became law.