In This Issue: C3850-NM-2-10G | Connecting with Others | News to Start Your Day
May 3rd is National Two Different Colored Shoes Day! Wear two different colored shoes and see where they take you! You may discover you walk to a different beat. Or perhaps you take a road less traveled. One foot might ache more than the other. The left foot might be a little more colorful, too. It may be likely you’ll get a few blisters, sideways looks, and a chuckle or two.
The CK Daily – Putting the Phone Away
I am not a cranky older person (unless I’m hungry) – but I try and reflect on life before smartphones and my goodness what a difference there was in this world. People communicating by talking face to face and sharing smiles and positivity.
Today, with iPhone and androids we have the internet, games, or our other favorite apps at the tip of our fingers calling our attention away from the present more often than we probably care to admit. The worst is when you are driving and you look over and SEE ANOTHER DRIVER ON THEIR PHONE. Even at home, getting ready for dinner, you might just be checking work emails, or something deemed harmless, but that time doesn’t get to come back for you. It’s gone.
Whether it is scrolling social media, texting friends, playing games, or checking emails… I implore you to set a no phone time every evening. Extend it week after week, and realize what life can offer you when you aren’t buried into an inanimate object that doesn’t give you any substance in conversation or mental growth. Please note, I fall into this same trap, which is why I wanted to bring it up. Let’s make today better than yesterday, and every day better than the day before it.
Happy Monday Y’all,
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Happy Monday! Today’s product spotlight is the C3850-NM-2-10G! The two-port network module offers Gigabit Ethernet network connection via two SFP+ connectors. Two slots on the left side of the module support only 1GB SFP Modules while the two slots on the right support either 1GB or 10GB SFP Modules. While there are 4 ports on the module, only 2 of them can be active at one time.
The Cisco 3850 Two-Port 10G Ethernet Network Module has some additional incredible features!
– Supports either SFP or SFP+ modules allowing flexibility and an upgrade path to 10GB without having to do an upgrade of the access switch.
– The 3850 network module supports a variety of 10GB modules such as the SFP-10G-SR, SFP-10G-LR, and SFP-10G-ER and 1GB modules such as GLC-LH-SMD and GLC-SX-MMD.
– MTBF is a whopping 4,315,970 hours, this network module is very dependable and reliable!
4 Quick Steps to Connecting Better with Others
Whether you’re naturally a results-focused leader or a relationship-focused leader, it’s a good time to use of the 4C’s of the Courageous Accountability Model to guide your discovery process:
1. Clarify. Pause to think it through and then do your own clarifying analysis of the wellbeing of your team. Is their performance high? And conversely, how is their level of stress and worry?
2. Connect. We always talk about two kinds of connecting –
Connect based on unique, natural DNA (talents and personality). Great leaders communicate and manage people based on their uniqueness.
Then connect with their hearts. Every person wants to feel valued, worthy, and significant.
3. Collaborate. The stresses of quarantine and working at home are new territory. Consider having some good discussions with your team on the key stressors and ask them to share their ideas and experience. What are they doing to cope? What’s working?
4. Closeout. Closing out this process by formulating a plan of action should result in one or both of the following –
Celebrate. Don’t ignore the great success your team and individuals have had.
Confront. Often, it’s good to confront yourself about your own work-life balance.
Today’s Motivation comes from the Leading With Honor Blog – you can read more here!
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,765,823 active COVID cases, 25,823,800 have recovered and there have been 591,063 deaths.
- The astronauts of NASA and SpaceX’s Crew-1 mission spent more than five months in space for the Crew-1 mission, the longest-ever duration for a crew launched in an American-built spacecraft. The four astronauts safely returned to Earth on Sunday, splashing down in parachutes landing in the Gulf of Mexico after a record-setting mission to the International Space Station.
- This week on Mars, Ingenuity took its third-ever flight. It is already tricky to fly a helicopter on Mars because it has a different atmosphere and gravity than Earth. Ingenuity rose to a height of 5 meters and then zoomed horizontally another 50 meters. It zipped along at 2m/s, the fastest it has flown so far.
- Verizon has sold Yahoo and AOL to Apollo Global Management for $5 billion. Verizon is planning to focus more on its internet-provider businesses.
- Factory shutdowns due to a global shortage of semiconductor chips have lead to fewer vehicles on dealership lots across the U.S. For consumers, the shortage has resulted in higher prices and waiting months for the vehicle they want. Automakers, have seen record profits and are selling vehicles before they even have them on their lot.