In This Issue: Premium Singlemode Duplex 9/125 Fiber Optic Cable | Learning the Chromebook Keyboard | New to Start Your Day
First off, can you believe it’s almost May?! Where has the time gone?? Second, today is National Superhero Day and we would love to hear who your favorite superhero is!
The CK Daily – It’s All About Balance
I am currently on week 3 of testing out the food meal subscription company, HelloFresh. After getting the countless amounts of marketing material, I decided to give it a try to see if it is worth the hype. The meal prep service gives easy-to-follow recipes with clear nutritional info, pre-portioned ingredients that fit our healthy lifestyle.
My husband and I dream of a perfect world of eating low-carb, delicious yet healthy meals 3 times a day. But in reality, we are both working from home with a toddler in tow, so we tend to eat out at fast-food restaurants a good bit. With the invitation to try out HelloFresh, we figured we would give it a whirl.
I am pleased to announce that the pre-set meals are GREAT! Each week, I’ve chosen low-carb meals that I think would be appetizing for the next week and typically take 20-30 minutes to prepare. I must admit, we have still eaten out a few times a week, but it’s all about balance, right? Yes, I want to be “summer time fine”, but I also want to spend as much time outside of the kitchen enjoying my family. So having grilled chicken and brussels sprouts on Monday vs burgers and greasy fries on Friday is a-ok in my books.
What have you recently changed in your life where you find yourself balancing between your goals and reality? I can’t say I have it all figured out, but I think I am making some good strides to finding a healthier life for my family.
Product Spotlights & Updates
It’s Wednesday once again and we have another premium product to spotlight! Premium is in its name and it’s the 1 Meter LC to LC Premium Singlemode Duplex fiber cable we’re talking about the PS9D-LCLC-01.
What makes this cable premium? It’s the Rolex of the Fiber Optic world, see all of the premium features below:
– The cable is built with Corning brand Optical Fiber Glass, an ultra-pure glass made with precision and ensured with the highest degree of strength. This means that it will give you the lowest attenuation and lowest occurrence of signal loss on the market.
– Now we know that fiber isn’t always run in a straight line. I mean you would be so lucky if that was the case! That’s why when we developed our premium fiber cables, we made sure that the fiber was Bend Insensitive (BIF), meaning you can bend or twist the fiber beyond the normal bend radius of fiber cables without losing any signal.
– Our premium brand cables come with Ultra Physical Contact Polish (UPC) – it gives a lower ORL (Optical Return Loss) and Back Reflection than standard PC cables. This is integral for signal reliability!
– We also made sure that our premium brand cables had a premium jacket material made of Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) material which reduces toxic and corrosive gas that would normally be emitted when exposed to fire. Some building regulations require all cabling be made out of this material.
– We also made sure that our Premium Optic cables came with the ability to reverse polarity without the use of any special tools! This could potentially save you lots of time or money if the fiber is accidentally installed incorrectly.
– Last but not least we designed the cable with a smaller fiber cable footprint at 2.0 mm as opposed to the standard 3.0 mm. 1 mm may not seem like much of a difference, but it’s a huge difference at scale allowing for better airflow, cooling, and cable management.
While it may be the Rolex in terms of quality, the Premium Singlemode Duplex fiber cables we carry don’t come with the Rolex price! These are just a few dollars (and in some cases less than a dollar) more than standard fiber optic cables. We’re willing to bet that it’s worth it to buy something you know you can trust, install it once, and never have to touch it again rather than buying a competitor fiber cable and worrying about whether or not that fiber will hold up! Get one today and if you aren’t completely satisfied, let us know and we’ll make it right!
Learning the Chromebook Keyboard
Do you have a Chromebook? They’ve been the talk of the town recently with being a very effective option for a laptop. Have you struggled with learning how to use the keyboard and the function keys?
Computer keyboards are all pretty similar, but Chromebooks break the mold. Instead of the typical function keys, there’s a row of keys for specific Chrome OS functions. However, the function keys are still present if you know where to look.
It may not look like it, but there are function keys hidden in the top row of the keyboard! The keys between ESC and Power/Lock double as F1 through F10.
This article from HowToGeek will show you how to use them.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,817,794 active COVID cases, 25,521,913 have recovered and there have been 587,384 deaths.
- President Biden will call on Congress to pass $1.8 trillion in investments and tax credits aimed toward children and families.
- Pfizer’s experimental oral drug to treat Covid-19 at the first sign of illness could be available by the end of the year. The drug is part of a class of medicines called protease inhibitors and works by inhibiting an enzyme that the virus needs to replicate in human cells.
- YouTube is on pace to bring in annual revenue comparable to Netflix’s. The Google-owned video platform is seeing a rise in more traditional television advertisers.
- A rare pink supermoon lit up skies across the globe on Monday and Tuesday night. The April full moon is named, in accordance with Native American traditions, after the herb moss pink, also known as creeping phlox, one of the earliest flowers of spring in the eastern United States. This year, the pink moon is also a supermoon, which occurs when the moon is within 90 percent of perigee, its closest approach to Earth.