In This Issue: 3650 Rack Mount Kit | Pooped or Pepped | News to Start Your Day
April 23rd is National Picnic Day! Hopefully, the weather where you are is nice enough today for you to pack up your lunch and take it outdoors! What are your favorite foods to enjoy on a picnic?
The CK Daily – How can we serve you?
Happy Friday, folks!
I’m going to start today’s post with a customer story. We recently had a customer (we’ll call him John) whose switch died, and he came back to us to get it replaced under our Lifetime Warranty. What did we do? We served his face off (as Shanyce says) and sent him a replacement out fast! What made this situation unique is the customer bought the switch from us 7 YEARS AGO! When we launched the Lifetime Warranty years ago, our goal was to help customers know that they could stretch their budget by buying pre-owned equipment.
So why am I sharing this story today? We’re in the process of updating our Mission statement. One of the questions that a Mission statement should answer is “What value do we provide our customers?” Launching the Lifetime Warranty many years ago was a way for us to provide value to customers. And replacing a unit that died after seven years shows that we’re still here to provide that value. This brings me to a couple of questions I have for you: Where have other vendors or partners dropped the ball in serving you, and what did they do to make it right? Or what things would you like to see your partner or vendor do to serve you more?
Product Spotlights & Updates:
TGIF! Today we’re spotlighting the 3650 Rack Mount Kit, the RACK-KIT-T1. There’s not much to say about this steel rack kit aside from its durable construction, lifetime warranty, and 100% compatibility to Cisco 3650 Switches! These rack mount kits also come with screws and everything you need for installation. We’ll tell you a little secret, these rack kits not only work with the 3650 series, but the 3850 and 9300 series switches as well. If all else fails you could also use them to rackmount decorations to your rack… be creative and use lots of electrical tape!
Pooped or Pepped – Jon Gordon
What can a little 3-month-old puppy teach me about the keys to happiness and success? Everything!
I remember two years ago when I was about to take our new puppy Dharma for a walk I stood outside the door with a leash in one hand and a plastic bag in the other and I thought to myself, “Great, I’m going to be picking up dog poop every day for about the next 13 years.” I even did the math and counted 3 poops a day times 365 days times 13 years. Then I realized how negative that was and knew I needed to change my thinking. So I then thought, “But think of all the joy she brings and will bring to my children, my wife, and me. The love and joy is clearly worth all that POOP.” Immediately after thinking this positive thought, I started to feel pepped while the negative thoughts made me feel bad. So the lesson I learned and want to share with you is don’t let poop… get you pooped. 🙂 Instead, change your thinking, shift your perception, and get pepped!
Every moment of every day we have a choice to think positive thoughts that make us feel good or negative thoughts that make us feel bad. Positive thoughts strengthen us while negative thoughts weaken us. There’s even scientific evidence that shows that you are physically stronger while thinking positive thoughts versus negative thoughts. We also know that positive thoughts enhance health, happiness and longevity. When we start paying attention to how we feel in response to our thoughts we’ll notice that our emotions are signals that alert us to how we are thinking. Good thoughts lead to good feelings and negative thoughts lead to bad feelings.
The key is to start paying attention to your feelings and thoughts and when you are feeling bad, switch to a thought that feels good. And if you are unsure of as to what positive thoughts you should be thinking, all you have to remember is gratitude and appreciation. Being grateful and appreciative will always make you feel pepped. You may not like your job but you can be thankful you have one. You may have to drive in traffic but thank God you can see while others can’t. And while your life may not be where you want it to be you can choose to believe that the future is bright and great things are happening every day. Your thoughts and perception will determine your reality. Try the following action steps this week to be pepped instead of pooped.
1. Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. On the left side make a list of your common negative thoughts.
2. Now, change your perception and replace your negative thought with a positive thought. Write these down on the right side of the paper.
3. This week pay attention to your thoughts and feelings and choose the thoughts that make you feel pepped instead of pooped.
We hope you enjoyed this Friday Encouragement from Jon Gordon.
Today’s New to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,848,237 active COVID cases, 25,236,658 have recovered and there have been 584,226 deaths.
- Microsoft is releasing a preview version of Office 2021 for Mac and Office LTSC. Office 2021 for Mac will support both Apple Silicon and Intel-based Macs and require at least 4GB of RAM and 10GB of storage space. It’s designed to be a static release of Office, but during the preview, there will be monthly updates that could include new features. Once Office 2021 for Mac is final and released, no new features will be added.
- Presumptive No. 1 draft pick Trevor Lawrence will join the Gatorade team in a multi-year deal.
- An invasive species of mussel has been found in north Georgia. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources posted that zebra mussels were found on a boat at Lake Lanier after it was used on the Tennessee River near Chattanooga, TN.
- Gymnast Simone Biles is departing Nike to partner with Gap’s Athleta brand. Biles is going to have her own performance wear line.