In This Issue: Inline Coupler Keystone Jacks | #TechTips | News to Start Your Day
Happy Wednesday! Happy hump day! No matter how you declare it, Wednesday is the halfway mark to the weekend and that alone is a reason to celebrate!
The CK Daily – Everything is Figure-Out-Able
Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a great week so far!
I was shopping at Hobby Lobby the other day and came across a tiny wooden sign that had “Everything is Figure-Out-Able” painted on it. It’s not something I was necessarily looking for and it was definitely overpriced at $4.99, but I had to have it. That phrase is one that I have lived by most of my life (but I had never seen it on my décor!) It’s definitely a phrase that pops into my mind any time I get “stuck” in life, whether personal or professional! I think it’s a great perspective to remember that most problems DO have a solution, we just have to stop and figure out what it is! Do you have any fun phrases that you love?
I’d love to know!
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Today we’ll be highlighting an Inline Coupler for Cat6 ethernet cables. The KEYILC-6-BK is a feed-thru style keystone jack and coupler that snaps into wallplates and patch panels without the need for punch-down tools! If you need a quick way to connect two cables together this is your best bet.
Designed for Cat6 cables, this inline coupler can also work with Cat5e cables as well as has standard RJ45 female to RJ45 female connectors.
Do you find yourself taking notes during an email and having to email them out after the meeting is over? Microsoft Teams lets you write notes during a meeting making them easy to find afterward. You can access them from the meeting appointment at any time in the future.
Not every meeting requires notes, but if you’re making decisions, assigning tasks, or working on something particularly important, taking meeting notes is overall good practice. Want to learn how to turn this function on, this article from How To Geek will show walk you through each step!
Happy note taking!
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,848,479 active COVID cases, 25,105,535 have recovered and there have been 582,456 deaths.
- Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd. A jury convicted the former Minneapolis police officer on three charges of murder and manslaughter, nearly a year after a viral video of his crime sparked global protests and a national reckoning over police brutality.
- Apple held its first product launch event of the year, where it announced a colorful new iMac and an updated iPad Pro with 5G and the M1 chip that’s also used in the company’s desktop computers. They also announced an AirTag lost-device tracking gadget and a refreshed Apple TV 4k with a brand-new remote. Check out more details here!
- Domino’s Pizza, Papa John’s, and Pizza Hut are under pressure to hold onto their new customers as economies reopen.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced Facebook is launching a suite of new tools and features designed to help users better connect with each other and their favorite creators through audio.
- In the first quarter, Netflix has reported that they’ve seen a dramatic slowdown in subscribers. Much of this fall has been claimed to be due to Netflix having to delay some of its big-name shows and films due to the pandemic.