In This Issue: SFP-10G-LR | #TechTips | News to Start Your Day
Well hello, Monday! We hope the agenda for the weekend called for plenty of relaxation and time with friends/family. What did you do this weekend? Do you have any upcoming weekend plans you’re looking forward to?
The CK Daily – At One with Nature
Happy Monday All!
As I’ve mentioned before, I really enjoy the outdoors. Something we did in my high school course, Environmental Management, was go out in nature and sit silently and observe.
I’ve continued this throughout my years after high school because of the serenity, and the beauty of taking this in on a slower and smaller scale. This last weekend, I spend quite a few hours in the woods. I saw various birds from Spotted Towhee to wild Turkey, bees buzzing, and fish jumping in a near pond.
It’s so easy to let our lives go by with routine and time, forgetting our Missions. There are many Missions in their life. Dedication to our family, our God, our work, our community. Easily we forego them with distractions in the comfort of our 21st-century lives. This is why I’m thankful for being One with Nature this weekend. Prayer. Reflection. Recalibrating on my Missions.
As we start this week anew, let’s turn our focus to the Missions in front of us, and be thankful for what we have.
Thanks for tuning in,
Product Spotlights & Updates:
The Cisco 10GBase-LR SFP+ transceiver module was designed for long-range data transmission and supports data transfer over a distance of 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) using single-mode fiber. This transceiver module transfers data at a rate of 10 Gigabits per second and is an ideal option for connectivity needs in large data centers, enterprise wiring closets, large campuses, and Metro Area Networks.
While this SFP+ module is capable of transmitting data over long distances, there is no minimum distance required. As such, this module is also suitable for short-range data transmission as well.
Check out the incredible features:
– Long-Range Transmission – The SFP+ module is capable of data transfer over a distance of up to 10 kilometers (6.2 miles).
– Hot-Swappable – No need to power down your device when plugging in or removing these modules.
– Small Form Factor – This module is the smallest form factor available for data transmission at speeds of 10Gbps.
– Digital Optical Monitoring (DOM) Capability – Allows for strong diagnostic capabilities.
Want to learn more about SFPs and why you need one? Check out this video!
It’s always important to know how to protect yourself and your organization against spam and malware. Today, tech+wise(group) offer tips/tricks on ways to do this.
Know Your Acronyms to Protect Against SPAM
We recommend that everyone deploy DKIM, SPF, and DMARC. These three protocols add another layer of spam filtering that allows you to quarantine suspicious emails and review reports on specific emails within your organization.
Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM): A method for ensuring that your emails are properly “electronically signed” by Microsoft when they are sent. Typically, DKIM is enabled by adding DNS records. This helps to prevent spoofing.
Sender Policy Framework (SPF): An email-authentication technique that is used to prevent spammers from sending messages on behalf of your domain. SPF records are used for spam filtering and to prevent your email from being flagged as spam.
Domain-Bassed Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance: This is an email authentication, policy, and reporting protocol. DMARC builds on the widely deployed SPF and DKIM protocols, adding features like the “from” author widget. It allows administrators to link emails from a specific author or domain name, handle authentication failures, and monitor email traffic.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,862,173 active COVID cases, 24,961,229 have recovered and there have been 581,061 deaths.
- NASA successfully conducted the first controlled flight on another planet. The Mars helicopter Ingenuity flew a short flight above the red planet. This flight is being described as “a Wright Brother moment” on another planet.
- The U.K. Treasury and Bank of England have launched a joint task force to explore a potential central bank digital currency.
- China’s CanSino Biologics will start clinical trials for a Covid-19 vaccine administered through inhalation next week. Such a vaccine could be more effective than those injected given the virus enters the human body through the airway.
- Hester Ford, a North Carolina woman who was recognized as the oldest living American, died peacefully on Saturday in her home with family. Ford was 115 years and 245 days only at the time of death. Ford was often described not just as an ordinary woman, but an extra-ordinary one!