In This Issue: CablesAndKits 1080p Webcam | #TechTips | News to Start Your Day
Call up your friends and pull out that Scrabble board, because today it’s National Scrabble Day! Originally named Lexiko and then Criss-Cross Words, Alfred Mosher Butts eventually settled on the name Scrabble. Any big Scrabble fans out there?!
The CK Daily – A-A-Ron
Two of my favorite things, Jeopardy! and the Green Bay Packers. Combine them and you get Aaron Rodgers hosting the show that many of us sharpen our minds watching along and answering questions with a question. The round-robin of show hosts has sparked the debate amongst friends and family alike.
Who should replace Alex Trebek full-time?
Is it too early to tell? Have any of the people who have stepped in as Guest Host been strong enough to take over the job of a legend? Do you have a favorite so far between Ken Jennings, Katie Couric, Dr. Oz, Mike Richards, or my favorite A-A-ron?
Product Spotlights and Updates:
Happy Tuesday! Yesterday we shared some video recording tips, hopefully, you found those helpful. Today’s we’re sharing one of our Deals of the Week, the CablesAndKits 1080p webcam. Perfect for all video conference platforms!
This webcam is perfect for Zoom, Skype, Teams, and any other video conference platform. The quality of the 1080p allows you to share videos with clear and fine detail. In addition, the built-in wide-angle microphones matches users’ voice quality to the crystal clear video quality and makes it feel like you are face to face.
Keyboard shortcuts have been around for decades, but many folks still do not use them. when you’re trying to get the most out of your workday, these basic shortcuts can help you save time and energy, providing an easier and quicker method of navigating and executing computing commands. Here are a few of the most useful shortcut keys you’ll want to use:
- In your web browser, if you hold the CTRL + A buttons down together, you can select everything on a particular page.
- Want to go back in your web browser? Hold the ALT and Left Arrow.
- In Microsoft Word, Shift and F7 together will get you a thesaurus lookup in Microsoft Word.
- Minimize all windows by hitting the Windows Key + M and conversely Shift + Windows Key + M to restore windows that were minimized with the previous keystroke.
- One of the most important keyboard shortcuts you can use is the Windows Key + L, this will lock your computer so that when you leave your workstation no one can mess with your desktop.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,855,520 active COVID cases, 24,561,404 have recovered and there have been 576,339 deaths.
- The FDA is asking states to temporarily halt using J&J’s Covid-19 vaccine after six people in the U.S. developed a rare blood-clotting disorder.
- Taco Bell plans to open its first digital-only restaurant in the U.S. on Wednesday in Times Square. The simplified design is expected to keep employees from becoming overwhelmed.
- President Joe Biden has met with executives from key companies to discuss the global chip shortage that has hit automakers and spurred Intel Corp to announce that it plans to make chips for car plants at its factories in the next six to nine months.
- The deadline to file a 2020 individual federal return and pay any tax owed has been extended to May 17th. The Treasury Department and the IRS moved the date to give filers, tax preparers, and the IRS itself more time to adjust to disruption from the coronavirus pandemic.