In This Issue: 3-Ply Protective Face Mask | Video Recording Best Practices | News to Start Your Day
Each year, National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day on April 12th recognizes one of the top comfort foods in the United States. Why wouldn’t it be when we’re talking about bread grilled to perfection, and warm, gooey, melted cheese. Any big grilled cheese fans out there?!
The CK Daily – Refreshed!
It’s Monday again! I took a few days off last week while my kids were on spring break! We had a great time getting away from our normal daily routines, relaxing, and spending time together. I’m feeling refreshed and ready to tackle a new week!
So question for you: how do you handle your first day back after taking time off?
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Stay safe & comfortable with CablesAndKits 3-Ply Protective Face Mask, 50 Pack. No marks on your face, uncomfortable strings, or tears; only safety! Keeping anything from dust, pollen, and other airborne pollutants from entering your system. These masks are also much more lightweight compared to others, preventing any traces from being left on your face. Stay protected while maintaining comfort with the soft & smooth ear-loop fitting! This week, these masks are 70% off! Grab them while you can – at such a low price!
Video Recording Best Practices:
While we are all hopeful the days of fully virtual classes and/or work meetings are numbered, chances are, the video will continue to be used frequently for presentations, meetings, and even inclement weather days. Here are a few tips to enhance your videos and audio from your devices, even while on a budget.
For the best lighting, position your desk facing a window if possible. The natural light will not only make your face look bright and clear, but it will increase video quality by reducing pixilation. Make sure you are not sitting with a window behind you, as it will create too much brightness and give you a dark silhouette.
While your computer’s internal mic will suffice for audio, using a good pair of headphones with an internal mic will make the audio much more clear and powerful. Headphones should work with any device that has a headphone jack, such as tablets, laptops, computers, and smartphones. Try your best to eliminate any background noise, so the mic can focus on just your voice. Household items such as A/C units, refrigerators, or even jewelry shuffling around can create added background noise, so it’s good to be cognizant of your surroundings.
If you’re looking for the perfect web camera with built-in noise reduction microphone that captures natural stereo audio and filters annoying background noises to give you clear conversations, check out our 1080p HD webcam!
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,864,316 active COVID cases, 24,480,631 have recovered and there have been 575,831 deaths.
- NASA’s Ingenuity helicopter attempted to take flight on the Red Planet early this morning, and you’ll be able to watch live as the NASA team tracks this historic test from mission control. Should the four legs of this tiny 4-pound helicopter leave the Martian surface, it will become the first time that NASA—or any other space agency—has successfully attained powered controlled flight on an alien planet.
- Winners of the recently announced Crystal Cabin Awards created new concepts for airplane cabins with an eye for useful, problem-solving, and modern solutions. Check out some of the most interesting designs here!
- Disney has found the next president of ABC News. Kimberly Godwin, the executive vice president of CBS News, is in the final stages of negotiations with Disney to become president of ABC News.
- Verizon is recalling 2.5 million hotspot devices after discovering that the lithium-ion battery can overheat, creating a fire and burning hazard. The recall impacts Ellipsis Jetpack mobile hotspots imported by Franklin Wireless Corp and sold between April 2017 and March 2021.