In This Issue: Cisco Catalyst 3560 | When Sports and Technology Play Together | News to Start Your Day
It’s National Zoo Lovers Day! Did you know that there are over 10,000 zoos worldwide and over 2,400 in the U.S. alone?! Are you a Zoo lover? What’s your favorite zoo to spend the day at?
The CK Daily – Warm Weather & Camping Adventures
Warmer weather is here! The common theme from the other daily posts this week is all around the warmer weather that comes with spring and the outdoor activities that start to take place. This one won’t be any different. 🙂
Since my daughters are on spring break this week, we’re taking them on a camping trip. This is one of our favorite things to do as a family! We decided that we wanted to try something new this year, so my wife and I got bicycles to ride. Since our girls already have bikes, this will be another activity that we can do together while camping. What activities are you looking forward to doing with your family?
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Today’s product spotlight is the Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series PoE 48 Port Switch! The Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series PoE Switch comes with (48) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports and 4 SFP Gigabit Ethernet Ports, 128 MB of RAM, 32 MB or DRAM, supports 1024 VLANs, and has a PoE budget of 370W.
The Cisco Catalyst 3560 is an ideal access layer switch for small enterprise LAN access or branch-office environments, combining both 10/100/1000 and PoE configurations for maximum productivity and investment protection while enabling the deployment of new applications such as IP telephony, wireless access, video surveillance, building management systems, and remote video kiosks.
As always, our equipment comes with our Advance Replacement Lifetime Warranty! And we also have FREE shipping on all orders over $250 through the end of the month.
When Sports and Technology Play Together:
NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California team up with Cisco Webex in pursuit of hybrid sports experiences.
NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California are the latest in a series of strategic Cisco partnerships in the new world of hybrid sports. This partnership, which goes live today, marks the fourth sports collaboration in 2021, between Cisco Webex and major sports empires.
For many people, the absence of live sports has been a significant void during these challenging times. Cisco’s mission is to bring sports to the masses and to make the experience as interactive, exhilarating, and inclusive as the in-person experience.
This partnership with NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California is a natural extension of that mission. Fans can get in on the action with game highlights, player-to-audience interaction, and promos surrounding their favorite Bay Area teams and athletes. Specifically, Cisco is now the official video-conferencing technology partner for NBC Sports Bay Area’s coverage of the Golden State Warriors and San Francisco Giants, and NBC Sports California’s coverage of the San Jose Sharks. Over the next 12 months, fans will see Webex technology in action as part of pregame and postgame video conference interviews as well.
Read more here!
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,859,173 active COVID cases, 24,206,567 have recovered and there have been 572,856 deaths.
- Best Buy is piloting an annual membership program in select stores. The program, called Best Buy Beta, will cost $199.99 per year. It will include perks like free shipping, unlimited tech support from the Geek Squad and exclusive membership pricing.
- iPhones will soon be able to track lost items using a built-in app called Find My. The first products that work with Find My will be released next week including e-bikes, wireless earbuds, and lost item tracker.
- YouTube saw the most significant growth of any social media app among American users during the pandemic. The Google-owned video service saw usage grow from 73% of U.S. adults in 2019 to 81% in 2021.
- The NIH has begun looking at why some people have suffered from allergic reactions after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna Covid-19 vaccines. The study will enroll 3,400 adults ages 18 to 69 at up to 35 academic allergy-research centers nationwide.