In This Issue: Cisco Original 1000BASE-T SFP Module, GLC-T | Dealing with the Ups and Downs of Life | News to Start Your Day
Happy Monday! Can you even believe it’s already August? We only have 4 months remaining in 2021 and that seems unbelievable!! What goals are you still working to accomplish this year? We’d love to pray for you and cheer you on as you work to achieve them.
The CK Daily – USWNT – Loss on a Deeper Level
If you have a daughter who plays or enjoys soccer or just grew up a fan of the USWNT watching the legends of Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain win World Cups and Olympic Golds, then you know the last 5 years of USWNT has not hit the mark very well recently.
No medal in the 2016 Olympics, then they did win the 2019 Women’s World Cup in a series of close games, and now, at best a bronze medal after a loss this morning to Canada (the first in 20 years).
With the next generation of stars getting a little older, a little slower, it’s a good reminder that all good worldly things come to an end. Father Time remains the constant. While we love our Nation’s team in a fun and enjoyable sport – when we put too many eggs in one basket that leads to disappointment, it is nice to fall back on the fact that it is just a game. Life will indeed move on. A good reminder that putting a little more faith and energy in eternity, helping others, and being a good part of your family legacy can be a more constant and reliable source of positivity and love.
Still a huge USWNT fan,
Product Spotlights & Updates
Happy Monday! We hope you had a great weekend! We’re kicking off the week highlighting the Cisco Original 1000BASE-T SFP Module.
The Cisco SFP modules provide full-duplex Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to high-end workstations and between wiring closets over existing copper network infrastructure. These hot-swappable 1000BASE-T SFP gigabit interface converters (GBIC) plug directly into a Gigabit Ethernet port or slot, linking the port with the network and delivering high-performance Ethernet networking.
Cisco’s GLC-T is a convenient and economical solution for your networking needs as they allow you to achieve Gigabit Ethernet speeds using your existing infrastructure! These 1000BASE-T SFP transceivers can also be used in combination with other modules on a port-by-port basis, including 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX/LH, and 1000BASE-EX. These are Cisco Original modules, brand new and factory sealed.
You’re also covered by our Lifetime Advance Replacement Warranty in event of product malfunctions and our 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
Snag one of these for 20% off this week!
Dealing with the Ups and Downs of Life – John Gordon
If you have ever been on a roller coaster you know it’s filled with twists and turns, highs and lows, excitement, anticipation, fear, and relief. Once the ride starts, there’s no turning back. You are along for the ride and how you handle it determines whether it’s an enjoyable or miserable experience.
When I talk to people who are struggling in life and wanting to escape, I explain to them that if they were on a roller coaster for the first time and didn’t know the roller coaster continued on an upward trajectory after racing towards the ground they would want to jump off and escape to avoid a crash.
Unfortunately, that’s how a lot of people feel when they are experiencing fear, anxiety, and stress and riding an emotional roller coaster. They try to escape because they feel like they are about to crash.
The key, however, is to not to escape but to keep going, knowing that even though you feel like you are going to crash, you won’t, and if you hold on, you’ll ride back to the top.
When you remind yourself that ups and downs are a part of life and your current emotional state is just a temporary part of the journey, you won’t resist the tough part of the ride. Instead, you will flow with it, your emotional state will rise and you’ll be on the upswing before you know it.
On the other hand, some of us don’t choose to escape. When we feel pressure and stress, some of us hold on for dear life and are miserable the entire time. We hold on so tight that we don’t enjoy the ride. I know this well because at times I have found myself resisting rather than enjoying the ride.
That’s no way to live. So then, how should we ride the roller coaster of life?
If you’ve ever seen someone who loves roller coasters riding one, you know what enjoying the ride looks like and they give us a picture of how we should embrace the roller coaster of life. Scream, laugh, smile, cry and feel all the emotions the ups and downs and twists and turns bring.
And most of all…
Put your hands in the air and enjoy the ride!
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- The average transaction price for a used car was $25,410 in the second quarter of 2021, up 21% year-over-year, the highest average price for a pre-owned vehicle that Edmunds has ever tracked. Several automakers, including General Motors and Ford, have cut new vehicle production due to semiconductor chip shortages, putting further constraints on inventory and driving up prices. New car inventory is improving and the chip issues should alleviate in the months ahead.
- Disney is requiring all salaried and non-union hourly workers in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated in the next 60 days.
- Simone Biles is set to compete on the balance beam after pulling out of three individual finals at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Nreal, a Chinese company making glasses for so-called augmented reality experiences, is looking to go public within five years. The company’s flagship product is a pair of lightweight glasses called Nreal Light, which has been released in a handful of markets including South Korea and Japan.
- A rehabilitated mountain lion was released back into the wild in California after being treated for two weeks by the Project Wildlife veterinary team. Check out the video here.