In This Issue: Premium Rack Mount Screws | How to Find Your Passion | News to Start Your Day
Happy Friday CK Family! We hope you had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend. Today is National Vanilla Ice Cream Day and what better way is there to kick off the weekend than with a big bowl of ice cream?!
The CK Daily – Do Your Routines Change in Summer?
Happy Friday folks! If you have school aged children, are you ready for school to start back?
At this point in the summer, my wife and I start to have bittersweet feelings about summer. Our family is both ready and not ready for school to start back, if that makes sense. On one hand, we are not ready for summer to end. The kids can sleep in, the days are longer and there is just so much that we’re able to do in the summer! On the other hand, we are missing the daily structure that comes during the school year. And what’s funny is both of my daughters LOVE to shop for school supplies so that has already been checked off of our to do list! When they start asking to go school supply shopping, we know they’re ready for school to start back! LOL
How does your family handle the different routines that come with changing seasons?
Product Spotlights & Updates
Happy Friday CK Family! Today we’re spotlighting our Premium Rack Mount Screws, RH-F12B-RKS. While a simple, they are a resource you should always have in your toolbox when you’re mounting network equipment.
These remium black finished rack screws with 12-24 x 5/8″” machine thread come in an easy to use, see-through storage box. The box is branded with an easy to remove CablesAndKits label on the top. The screws are used to mount network and telecom equipment into standard equipment racks.
Grab these while they’re 25% off!
How to Find Your Passion – Ramsey Solutions
Todays article is an excerpt from a Ramsey Solutions post. You can find the full article here.
“Work isn’t supposed to be fun.”
“You have to work a draining 9 to 5 to get by.”
“Actually finding meaningful work is a myth.”
Have you ever felt this way?
You’re not alone. Our culture has been fed the lie for far too long that work isn’t meant to be meaningful or satisfying.
Here’s the truth: We were all created to fill a unique role. You are needed. And you must do it. There is someone out there who needs you to be you.
So, how do you make the kind of contribution to this world that you were created to make? By doing work you’re passionate about.
Why Passion Is Important
Passion is one of those words that will either make you roll your eyes because you’re a “realist” who believes work is just supposed to be work, or it will overwhelm you because it’s too big and complex to ever figure out.
But listen: You don’t have to live that way. It is possible to be passionate about the work you do, and it is possible to live a life where you look forward to Monday mornings. The best way to do that is to first discover what you’re passionate about.
2 Questions to Help You Find Your Passion
There are two basic questions I always ask when helping people identify the kind of work that would make them come alive every morning.
But before you get started on these questions, I need you to get out of your head. Put away anything and everything you’ve been programmed to believe since entering the “real world,” and instead keep an open mind to what you (not your parents or your siblings or anyone else in your life) truly desire to do.
Deal? Okay, let’s get started. Ask yourself these questions:
1. What kind of work excites me?
2. What kind of work am I committed to?
If you have high emotion and high devotion for something, that means you’ve found something you’re passionate about. It’s not enough to have one element or the other—you need both ingredients to truly be able to stick with the work long term.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- The Tokyo 2020 (err…2021) Olympics are underway! The $1.5 billion stadium built for the 2020 Olympics can hold nearly 70,000 people, but athletes from around the world were parading at the opening ceremony in a near-empty venue. Only about 950 VIPs will take part in the event, Tokyo 2020 spokesperson Hidemasa Nakamura told CNN. The total will include around 800 foreign guests and 150 from Japan.
- Just outside Zurich, more than a dozen massive fans are fast at work, cleaning the air of carbon dioxide. So-called direct air capture is the leading edge of what could become the largest environmental industry aimed at saving the planet. The company behind it, Climeworks, is one of the few offering the technology to basically vacuum the atmosphere of carbon.
- While the CDC recommendation hasn’t changed, New Orleans and Los Angeles have issued new mask mandates for all citizens regardless of vaccination status to wear masks in indoor public spaces.
- The Bootleg Fire is now the third-largest fire in Oregon state history as firefighters try to limit its spread amid extremely dry conditions. The blaze had grown to nearly 400,000 acres in southern Oregon by Thursday morning and remained just 38% contained.
- More than two dozen types of muffins sold in stores nationwide have been recalled due to potential contamination with listeria. Give and Go Prepared Foods (U.S.A.) Corp. Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Muffin Products Due to Possible Health Risk https://go.usa.gov/xF4bv