In This Issue: Deals of the Week | Multi-Factor Authentication | News to Start Your Day
It’s hump day, which means we are halfway through the week! Anyone looking forward to their weekend plans? Keep pushing through this week – Friday will be here before you know it!
The CK Daily – Busy, Busy, Busy!
Full disclosure, I am writing to you at 1 AM. It’s not that I have forgotten about you, it’s full transparency that life was BUSY for me today. Have you ever had a day where you begin to wonder where your day went? Today was that day, or yesterday rather. The Customer Solutions Team was super busy assisting many customers via phone, chat, and email and made our day extremely busy. I tend to enjoy days like this because it gives us a sense of accomplishment. We can “go home” knowing we have served the face off of each of our customers.
After work, I made my mission to tidy up my home as I have neglected it over the weekend since it was my “weekend of rest,” as I celebrated Mother’s Day. Though it was tough to look away, I did not clean one single thing this past weekend.
So here I am, in the wee hours of the morning praying that today will be as fulfilling as yesterday, and maybe I will get to serve your face off.
Have a great day friends!
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Have you had the chance to check out our Deals of the Week? We’ve given you a sneak peek these last few days, but don’t wait to check out the rest of them! Head over to our Deals of the Week page to check them out!
This week, we’ve got incredible deals on:
-CAT6 Ethernet Cable
-48 Port Cisco Nexus F2 Module
-Male to RCA Female Y-Cable
-Tilting Universal TV/Monitor Mount
Head on over and snag one of these amazing deals before it’s too late! Also, don’t forget that we’re still offering FREE shipping on orders over $250 and $4.99 Flat Rate Shipping on all other orders!
Website Security: Website Multi-Factor Authentication
You probably use multi-factor authentication (MFA) when logging into your banking app or when accessing your social media accounts from a different device. MFA is also very important for securing your website.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
MFA is a method that strengthens access security by requiring multiple factors to confirm a user’s identity. Often these factors will include something the user knows (such as a password or the answer to a security question) and something that they have access to (such as a verification code texted to a device or an authentication code from an app). Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a type of multi-factor authentication.
Why is Multi-Factor Authentication Important for Websites?
MFA provides an additional level of security for your website. It helps confirm that your website users are who they say they are, prevents unauthorized use or changes to your admin account and website, and protects against password brute-force attacks. The type of content management system (CMS) used by a website will dictate the best method for installing MFA for user accounts. For example, there are several MFA plug-ins that may be installed and configured for WordPress sites.
This post can be found on Tech+Wise Group’s page here.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,395,031 active COVID cases, 26,558,138 have recovered and there have been 596,946 deaths.
- Fuel shortages have widened across the East Coast as consumers continue to panic buy amid the fallout from a cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline last week by Russian ransomware group Darkside. The 5,500-mile pipeline system transports more than 100 million gallons of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and heating oil per day between the Gulf Coast and the New York metro area.
- The U.S. government is planning for the potential need for Covid-19 vaccine booster shots. Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson have said they are developing booster shots or next-generation versions of their vaccines that will bolster protection.
- YouTube is launching a fund to pay its most popular users on its Shorts product, which aims to compete with popular video app TikTok. The company’s new social network platform, which uses short-form videos, is garnering 6.5 billion daily views.
- “Hamilton,” “Wicked” and “The Lion King,” three of Broadway’s cornerstones, are set to reopen on September 14th. “Aladdin,” “Six,” “Come From Away” and “Chicago” are also expected to restart in September while “Jagged Little Pill,” “The Phantom of the Opera” and “Ain’t Too Proud” have opening dates set in October.