In This Issue: Deals of the Week | Making your Wired Printer Wireless | News to Start Your Day
May the 4th be with you today as you celebrate National Star Wars Day! Today seems like the perfect day to wear your Wookie costume or bring your lightsaber to work and then…prepare for warp speed.
The CK Daily – Technology Appreciation Post
I’m hoping that today is a little more quiet than yesterday. We had some incredible storms pass through yesterday that honestly had me a bit concerned for a minute! I had to run out for a quick errand yesterday and it felt like I was driving through a monsoon. The roads were starting to flood, the lightning was popping… it was just wild! When I got back home, I could tell that the power had gone out because my clocks were all flashing, and the internet had gone out as well. It stayed out for around 5 hours, which brings me to the point of this post… my great appreciation for the technology that is a hotspot!
It was so nice to be able to continue working via my hotspot rather than being completely out of commission. It reminded me of times in the past where losing internet would have been an absolute crisis that could have put deadlines in jeopardy, but thanks to the hotspot yesterday was far less stressful! I’m super thankful that this technology exists now, but am hoping to not have to use it today!
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Happy Tuesday! Have you been a big fan of our deals of the week? We’ve had some incredible deals and they just keep getting better each week. This week’s Deals of the Week include:
– 10G Ethernet Network Module
– 10G Transceiver Module
– Snagless CAT6 Ethernet Patch Cables
– Cisco 3850 Series 48 Port Switch
– & Cisco 3650 Series 24 Port Switch
AND, to add on to that we’re still offering FREE shipping on all orders over $250 and our $4.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
What are you waiting for? Go snag one of these incredible deals!
How to Make any Wired Printer Wireless in 6 Different Ways
In the old days, most people who owned a computer had only one in the entire house. If they also had a printer, it was attached to that computer. If you wanted to print something, you’d have to bring those files to that local PC.
Now, each household is filled with networked devices that all have the ability to print. That means it becomes impractical and inconvenient for everyone to access the printer when needed.
Most new printers these days offer a WiFi connection, but what if you have a wired printer without WiFi? You don’t have to go out and buy a whole new printer. Because (depending on what hardware you have) there’s a way to make virtually any wired printer wireless.
1. Get a Wireless Adapter for Supported Models
2. Connect it to a Router via USB
3. Connect it to a Router via Ethernet
4. Share your Printer through a PC
5. Use an Ethernet to WiFi Adapter
6. Use a Dedicated Print Server Device
Want to read more about making your wired printer wireless? The rest of this article from OnlineTechTips can be found here!
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 6,730,794 active COVID cases, 25,908,684 have recovered and there have been 591,514 deaths.
- Microsoft is rolling out a new default font to 1.2 billion Office users after 14 years. Lucas de Groot started work on the Calibri typeface in 2002, it became the default font in 2007. This week Microsoft revealed five fonts it commissioned to pick a successor to Calibri as the default font.
- Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid are working to reduce barriers to getting Covid-19 vaccines by offering same-day appointments and walk-ins.
- Twitter launched Spaces, a feature that allows users to join virtual rooms where they can engage in real-time, audio conversations with others. The new feature will play a key role in Twitter’s ambitious goal to grow its daily active user base to 315 million by the end of 2023.
- The Biden administration has restricted travel from India as the country faces a devastating surge in coronavirus cases. India has reported 357,229 new cases within the latest 24 hour period.