Change is Constant | Learning Center | CP-PWR-CUBE-4′ S | Growing as a Leader
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
I hope you had a great start to your week yesterday and that your Tuesday is starting off strong.
As you guessed, I am not Craig. There is only one Craig, and no one can replace him. Haha! Craig is still lurking around but I am filling in for him today on the CEO email and will be off and on for the next month or so. (If you missed yesterday’s email, please take a look at it.) There will be a few people stepping in to fill Craig’s shoes while he is out. One of the ones you will hear from a good bit will be his lovely wife, Christin. Besides being the wife to Craig, which will probably inspire plenty of entertaining discussions in and of itself, she is also the Co-Founder/Co-CEO, Chief Advisor, our CK “Mama Bear”, a Homeschool Mom / Working Mom, and just an all-round cool woman. You will def want to join us daily to get her insights and perspective on things. (Probably along with a funny story or two about Craig.)
Real quick intro for me…my name is Jason and I am the eCommerce Manager here at CK. I oversee the website and content for the business. I like long walks on the beach, Italian food, and…oh sorry…wrong intro…
This is my second stint here at CK, but I have been here for almost 8 years in total. I love interacting with people and really digging into what “helps” a person out, personally and professionally. I mean, any website can sell a product, but I want us (CK) to do more than just sell a product, I want us to HELP people. All of this was the big idea behind creating the CK Learning Center. I wanted a place to provide helpful information to the public that will help them make educated decisions, answer questions, and just be better at their jobs. This is our vision for the whole website – the product pages, homepage, or really any page on the site is beneficial to anyone who ends up there.
All that being said, if you have any ideas for our site or topics you would like for us to write about or provide info on, please let me know. (You can respond to this email…Craig is still reading responses, so feel free to say hello to him as well) I would appreciate the feedback and ideas!
Thanks for reading today,
Today’s Product Updates from Rebecca (our “Rock Star” Product manager):
As many of us have transitioned from working in the office to working from home, we’ve had to find ways to power our devices so that there is no interruption to business! This is where products like the CP-PWR-CUBE-4 come in clutch! This power cube is a replacement power supply for Cisco CP-88XX, CP-89XX, and CP-99XX VoIP Phones. Check out our product page to see all compatible models. As usual, we have you covered whether you need Cisco original Factory Sealed or Refurbished. We even offer our very own CK Branded model as well as a CK Branded Model w/Straight Plug!
PPE / Safety Supplies Update:
We are keeping the awesome PPE sales going! Check out our recently reduced sale prices on many of our face masks! These masks are some of the most protective ones out there:
- 3M 8210Plus N95 Protective Face Mask, 20 Pack – $119
- 3M 8200N95 Protective Face Mask, 20 Pack – $99
- 3M 8511 N95 Protective Face Mask w/Cool Valve Technology, 10 Pack – $70
Need safety supplies for your business, school, or family? We got ya covered!
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
7 Practical Ways to Grow As A Leader – by Lee Ellis (Speaker, Author, SAF Colonel (Ret))
I was coaching a CEO who was a fine man and great at getting results, but he had been with the company for a year and hardly knew his team. He told me, “Being relational is just not me. I don’t do that well.” So, we adapted his strengths to create a spreadsheet to help manage his struggles. We listed all his people across the top and then in column one, listed seven specific things he could do to build a relationship and encourage each one.
His job was to get those boxes checked off, and he became more relational by adapting his strengths to manage his struggles.
Here are 7 practical ways that all of us can immediately begin to grow –
- Believe in yourself. Courageously set aside your doubts and fears and any underlying pride.
- Assess to gain self-awareness. Gain insights—use assessments, and objective feedback, so you know what needs work.
- Plan. Develop a simple plan on how you will adapt. For example, pick two areas of struggle.
- Be humble—go public. Let others know that you are working on these two areas of growth.
- Practice. List specific situations in which you will adapt (maybe use a spreadsheet).
- Be accountable. Ask for feedback on successes and missed opportunities.
- Courageously commit to the long haul. Coach yourself; it will probably never become completely natural.
To read Lee’s full article on this topic, please visit: How Innovative Leaders are breaking Newton’s Laws
We hope you are enjoying (and will continue to enjoy) these emails. If you are, we would appreciate it if you let us know! Respond to this email with your feedback. If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let us know, as well! As always, please continue to let us know how we can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, we (including Craig) are here and listening.
The CK Team
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
COVID / Tech / Business News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 33,602,800 cases worldwide, with 24,910,200 people who have recovered, with 1,007,367 deaths AND 7,362,934 cases in the US with over 4,610,700 people have recovered, with 209,821 deaths.
- The White House and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) resumed discussions over a possible economic relief bill – a $2.2 trillion package.
- More than 35,000 airline employees will be out of a job on Thursday, as the industry faces its worst crisis since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
- Georgia State was scheduled to play at Charlotte on Saturday, but the game was called off as the Panthers were about to depart Friday afternoon after four players tested positive for the novel coronavirus, with quarantine deemed necessary for 17 others (including one coach). But on Sunday, the school’s athletic department announced that “human error” led to an incorrect reading of the test results.
- U.S. stock futures were steady this morning, one day after the Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500 and Nasdaq rose for the third straight session. The Nasdaq, led by a continued bounce in tech stocks, was up 1.9% on Monday. The S&P 500 and Dow were up 1.6% and 1.5%, respectively.
- President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden face off in their first presidential debate tonight at a time when Covid-19 has severely curtailed their campaign appearances.