Weekend Away | CP-7965G Phones | Clorox Wipes & Masks | Business Updates
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
Well, we did it! The camping weekend was a big success. Everyone in both families had a ton of fun. In fact, before we left we reserved two spaces for next year!
We didn’t actually get lost in the woods, but got “lost in thought” in the woods … and then of course this song/video came to mind. See how many 80’s bands you can hear/see in this video haha.
It’s amazing how much “fun” doing nearly nothing can be. Like the line from the movie Office Space, “I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be”.
We cooked outside on a flat top grill, sat around the fire talking, and the kids rode their bikes up and down the road for hours. We went to a playground and let all the kids play and also played putt putt before we left. And, going with friends that already knew what they were doing made things that much more enjoyable.
And of course (and if you’ve ever gone camping you already know this) I have a shopping and todo list a mile long! Things I didn’t even know I needed I suddenly cannot live without. It’s incredible, but it’s like any “hobby” where spending money and working on things is actually enjoyable, so it’s great.
The unfortunate downside is I did something to my knee Friday when we got there that caused pretty excruciating pain when I went from bent to straight and visa versa, and constant aching pain even then, especially when not hopped up on Tylenol or Ibuprofen. All the reading I did seemed to point to the need to rest, ice, and elevate, which was pretty hard to do well under the circumstances. Not walking at all was not an option. So I did the best I could, walked straight legged, swinging it around, sitting as often as I could. Now that I’m home I’m trying harder to rest it and let it recover. Good Lord getting older is tough!
It’s amazing what some downtime will do for the mind. Now I’m ready to hit the ground running this week! I highly recommend taking a break every once in a while!
I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard …
Banging your head against a wall for one hour burns 150 calories.
So perhaps that boss that’s never happy is actually helping you lose a pound or two?
Today’s Product Spotlight from Rerun (AKA Rebecca):
Welcome to another week! Hope everyone had a great weekend and is coming into the new week rested and refreshed! Today we are going to focus on the Cisco CP-7965G VoIP Phone! This six line color display unified IP phone was designed to grow with your organization! The phone features enhancements such as wideband audio support, backlit color display, and an integrated Gigabit Ethernet port! It also accommodates Extensible Markup Language (XML) applications. This phone is a staple in so many offices because of it’s awesome features combined with it’s super affordable price point! We have ours on sale now! Check them out!
From Joe, our friendly Safety SUpplies Product Marketer:
Hello! Rerun again here! Just highlighting one product today wasn’t enough so I’m jumping into Joe’s space to highlight basically ALL of our Safety Supplies products! We have gone through and seriously cut prices! We are offering Clorox Wipes 75 Count Packs for $14.95 on sale! We have them in stock and ready to ship same day! You just can’t find that anywhere else…
We also dropped our prices for a 50 pack of 3-Ply Masks to $9.95! Again, it’s a deal that can’t be beat!!
Don’t forget to check out our hand sanitizer! We have massive sales going on!!
Don’t keep this awesome secret to yourself though! Pass along the news to your friends, family, local schools… anyone who might be struggling to find these products in stock and at great prices elsewhere!
We’re Hiring for our Product Department! We have an opening, as detailed by Rerun (AKA Rebecca), below. Is this you or someone you know?
Product Marketing Specialist – Fiber Cables
Have you been reading these CEO emails thinking “Wow, CK sure sounds like a fun place to work! Wish I could be a part of the team and contribute to the CEO daily email like Joe the friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer does!”? Do you love product marketing? Do you revel in the recurring nature of processes and relish accountability? If so, listen up! We are looking to expand our Product Team by bringing on a Product Marketer for Fiber Cables. This is a very process driven role in which the goal is to grow Gross Profit $ and increase inventory effectiveness by effectively marketing the products. We are looking for someone who is exactly like Joe… err… I mean, we are looking for someone who is hard-working, dedicated, diligent, organized, analytical, a great written communicator, and has a GREAT attitude and “can do” spirit! If you are still intrigued, please review the job post (and pay extra attention to the part about the CK Way – We take culture seriously here and are looking for team members who truly “fit”). If you think you do fit and are interested in the position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a written note telling us the character attributes, values, and interests that describe you and influence how you approach life and work. Who knows, you could be our next friendly Product Marketer!
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Tech / Business News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 31,274,800 cases worldwide, with 22,851,700 people who have recovered, with 965,636 deaths AND 7,005,600 cases in the US with over 4,250,500 people have recovered, with 204,122 deaths.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has acknowledged officially what many medical experts have long argued: The novel coronavirus often spreads through aerosols. Updated guidance on the agency’s website states that the virus most commonly spreads when people come into close contact and such particles are “inhaled into the nose, mouth, airways, and lungs.”
- Nearly 11,000 people have been exposed to the coronavirus on flights, according to the CDC, but due to incomplete contact tracing information, the agency has not been able to confirm any cases where transmission occurred.
- Florida State football coach Mike Norvell tested positive for the novel coronavirus and will miss the Seminoles’ next game, the school announced Saturday.
- Candy companies, including Hershey and Ferrero, say they are hopeful that kids will still trick-or-treat and adults will seek out sweets, even if their Halloween celebration is simpler or socially distanced because of the coronavirus pandemic. Total sales of Halloween chocolate and candy are up by 13% for the latest four weeks ending September 6 versus the same period in 2019, according to market research firm IRI.Florida, Nevada, and Texas begin taking steps to reopen again.Leading shares across Europe have fallen sharply in morning trading amid fears that a renewed rise in coronavirus cases will blight economic prospects.
- In London, the benchmark FTSE 100 share index was down more than 3%, with airlines, travel firms, hotel groups, and pubs leading the rout. The worst hit was British Airways owner IAG, which slumped more than 12%. Similar falls were seen on markets in Paris, Frankfurt, and Madrid.