Reset | GLC’S | Thermometers | Return to Being
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
What a day! I was on set for the filming of this music video today at my property, and as I mentioned, I was given a part in it as well. It was a super cool experience. Having been an extra on a film once before I knew that it was fun, but had forgotten just how much fun it was. If you ever get a chance to be an extra on a movie/film I highly recommend it. The inner workings of how things work is pretty fascinating. Even the lingo and short phrases used on set are pretty cool. A generator is a putt putt. When a take is finished, and a cut is called, a “reset” is called to indicate everyone should reset to their original position to do another take of the same scene. It’s all very neat to see how films are made and to think about what goes into directing and producing your favorite show or movie. Once the video is done and live I’ll share a link!
I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard …
Herring fish communicate by using flatulence.
Today’s Product Spotlight from Rerun (AKA Rebecca):
Happy Wednesday!! I can’t believe how fast this week is flying by! Today’s product spotlight goes to another favorite transceiver module, the GLC-SX-MMD! This transceiver is an improved version of another favorite, the GLC-SX-MM! What makes the GLC-SX-MMD superior? Well, it includes Digital Optical Monitoring (DOM) functionality aaaand this hearty transceiver can tolerate an extended temperature range! The DOM functionality allows users to monitor the signal power, the temperature, and the voltage that the SFP is receiving (fancy, right?!).
This 1000Base-SX hot-swappable module comes in the standard Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) form factor, operates over multimode fiber (MMF), offers Gigabit speeds and can operate at a cabling distance of up to 1,000 meters (using OM3 fiber)! That’s pretty impressive!!
Of course we’ve got you covered in regards to options for these SFPs! Check out our supply of:
If you’d like to learn even more, check out this GLC-SX-MMD Product Info Video!
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
Exciting news for you guys once again! Since you guys have loved the recent sales so much we figured why not give you some more! Right now all of our Thermometers are on sale so you guys have a few different options to choose from! Clorox’s Germicidal Healthcare Spray is also on sale again and I highly encourage you guys to give it a try. This stuff is used in hospitals and healthcare facilities so imagine what it can do your home or office!
Stop Doing, Return to Being – by Gary Epp, Chief Administrative Steward
Now What? At the end of any intense period of life this question confronts us? You may have recently been laid off, completed a huge project, closed a big deal, sent your child off to college, lost a loved one, or suffered any number of major life dislocations. The periods preceding these life events can often be so defining or consuming that their absence leaves a troubling void.
How should we react during these personal voids? This much is certain; how we respond during such voids determines the course of our remaining life. We can wallow in pity, or we can make them times of rejuvenation that restore and prepare us for what lies ahead. The key is using this respite from doing to return to being. Let me suggest three phases for responding to a void in our lives.
Remember – Return to your core purpose for living. Remind yourself of the guiding principles upon which you have chosen to order and direct your life, family or business. This will likely involve investing significant time in rereading and revisiting passages, people and places that have previously inspired you. Set aside a private space for this remembering time. This is a great time to write out (or update) a personal mission statement.
Reflect – Significant people reflect on the past to learn from it, not wallow in it. Condemnation is unhealthy. Convictions are empowering. Evaluate where your recent life/work aligned with or wandered away from your guiding principles. Identify triggering events or behaviors that helped you stay aligned or caused you to wander off the track. Examine each relationship in your life and ask whether that relationship challenges and encourages the fulfillment of your purpose or distracts from it. Reflect (and possibly even solicit input) on the impact my life has had on others. It is impossible to over emphasize the value of capturing your reflections in writing. Making time to write down what you’ve learned both crystallizes that learning in your own heart and mind and also creates an invaluable resource for remembering during future life voids.
Renew – At this point in the thought process we should face forward and ask the following three questions in my core being and each major role in my life:
- What am I committed to continue?
- What should I eliminate, quit or stop?
- Where do I want to learn, grow or start?
Apply each question to your private world (body, mind and spirit) and every role in the public world; such as, spouse, parent, sibling, friend, neighbor, citizen, volunteer, student, profession, or employee/employer, etc.
I’d like to give a shout out to my pastor @JonStallsmith for his talk on Nehemiah 8-10 from which arose the core ideas in this blog post.
We’re Hiring for our Product Department! We have an opening, as detailed by Rerun (AKA Rebecca), below. Is this you or someone you know?
Product Marketing Specialist – Fiber Cables
Have you been reading these CEO emails thinking “Wow, CK sure sounds like a fun place to work! Wish I could be a part of the team and contribute to the CEO daily email like Joe the friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer does!”? Do you love product marketing? Do you revel in the recurring nature of processes and relish accountability? If so, listen up! We are looking to expand our Product Team by bringing on a Product Marketer for Fiber Cables. This is a very process driven role in which the goal is to grow Gross Profit $ and increase inventory effectiveness by effectively marketing the products. We are looking for someone who is exactly like Joe… err… I mean, we are looking for someone who is hard-working, dedicated, diligent, organized, analytical, a great written communicator, and has a GREAT attitude and “can do” spirit! If you are still intrigued, please review the job post (and pay extra attention to the part about the CK Way – We take culture seriously here and are looking for team members who truly “fit”). If you think you do fit and are interested in the position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a written note telling us the character attributes, values, and interests that describe you and influence how you approach life and work. Who knows, you could be our next friendly Product Marketer!
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Tech / Business News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 29,766,000 cases worldwide, with 21,566,500 people who have recovered, with 939,900 deaths AND 6,788,400 cases in the US with over 4,068,700 people have recovered, with 200,200 deaths.
- U.S. stock futures rose in early trading Wednesday as investors readied for comments from the Federal Reserve later in the day. Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were up 137 points, or 0.5%. S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 futures climbed 0.5% and 0.2%, respectively.
- On Tuesday, Apple announced a bunch of new hardware and some software updates, including Apple Watch Series 6, the Apple Watch SE, the new 8th-generation iPad, the new iPad Air, Fitness+ workout services, and new Apple One service bundles. It also said that iOS 14, its new iPhone software, will launch on Wednesday with lots of new features such as widgets, a new way to organize your home screen, security enhancements and more.
- More than a dozen celebrities including Kim Kardashian West, Katy Perry, Michael B. Jordan and Ashton Kutcher said they will participate in a 24-hour Instagram “freeze” on Wednesday as part of the “Stop Hate For Profit” movement “in protest of Facebook’s repeated failures to address hate speech and election disinformation on their platforms.”
- AT&T could be subsidizing the cost of phone plans with ads, a report Tuesday said. The carrier could be providing up to a $10 discount on monthly bills by 2021, CEO John Stankey told Reuters in an interview. “I believe there’s a segment of our customer base where given a choice, they would take some load of advertising for a $5 or $10 reduction in their mobile bill,” Stankey told Reuters.
- Amazon unveiled its new shopping page Luxury Stores, where only selected Amazon Prime members can shop for high-end brands. The retail giant’s Luxury Stores will be available in the Amazon app by invitation only, according to the company. Prime members that did not yet receive an invitation via email can request one by visiting amazon.com/LuxuryStores. Luxury Stores will extend invitations to more shoppers in the future.