In the Movies | Premium Fiber | Alcohol Wipes | Business News
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
We had a great time with our friends at Great Wolf Lodge! It’s two hours from our house … if you have kids or grandkids I’d say it’s worth a couple hour drive to go!
On the way home I was able to pickup my motorhome from service being done on it. My wife dropped me off on the way home so I didn’t have to drive the TOAD (RV slang for tow vehicle) up there and pull it back. As I left the parking lot I was like MAN this thing is peppier! Then I realized I wasn’t towing the car – haha. Now to get ready for our FIRST family camping trip this Friday!
I’m mentally preparing tonight for the video shoot tomorrow. I’ve been an extra in a movie once before with a friend so I’ve seen first hand how many things go into filming something, but holy cow – there is a LOT going on to prep for this shoot tomorrow by the producer, director, and crew. They brought a wrecked car onsite today and got it on its side. That’s part of the story that’s being shot there tomorrow. I helped pull a few last minute things together for them which was fun. My grading contractor had a lot of fun beating up the car with his skid steer getting it on its side too 😉
Did I mention that I was asked to be in the video? I’ll be a guy that stops at a wreck but DOESN’T help and drives off. I’ll be honest – I’ve struggled with that!! I decided to take my glasses off and shave so it doesn’t look as much like me lol.
Thinking about all this has me daydreaming about a fun project I thought of years ago. I’m quick witted and find the humor in everything. I thought it would be a blast to have a YouTube show where me and other funny people sit and write out jokes for tv, movies, etc. The thought of the laughs that would come from finding the humor in any subject is exciting. All shows (Seinfeld, Saturday Night Live, etc) have writers that sit there and come up with the situations and material. I thought I’d call the show “how the sausage is made” lol.
I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard …
Researches have found that flossing your teeth can help your memory. Flossing prevents gum disease, which prevents stiff blood vessels, which cause memory issues.
Today’s Product Spotlight from Rerun (AKA Rebecca):
Our CablesAndKits Premium Fiber optic cables are unmatched in quality and reliability! What makes them so awesome? I’m glad you asked! These cables are made from Corning® optical fiber glass cabling along with Suncall® connectors. They feature Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) jacket material, Ultra Physical Contact (UPC) polish, Bend Insensitive Fiber (BIF), simple polarity reversible function, and 2.0mm diameter unibody cable!
As if that weren’t awesome enough, we offer these premium cables in 3 different boot types to meet any need! These cables come in Standard, Uniboot, and Uniboot Push-Pull Tab!
Check out this article to give you the full rundown (along with pictures which are always helpful!) and shop our premium cable here:
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
You know how everyone’s carrying around small bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere they go? Well, not only do we have the perfect product for that (on sale as well), BUT we also have a very similar wipe in stock! Our Individually packed alcohol wipes are a perfect solution for on the go sanitizing! They contain 70% alcohol and are perfect for keeping in places like your purse, car, lunch bag, etc. If you work in an environment where you supply customers/employees with things such as a face mask or hand sanitizer, these are perfect to throw into the mix!
We’re Hiring for our Product Department! We have an opening, as detailed by Rerun (AKA Rebecca), below. Is this you or someone you know?
Product Marketing Specialist – Fiber Cables
Have you been reading these CEO emails thinking “Wow, CK sure sounds like a fun place to work! Wish I could be a part of the team and contribute to the CEO daily email like Joe the friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer does!”? Do you love product marketing? Do you revel in the recurring nature of processes and relish accountability? If so, listen up! We are looking to expand our Product Team by bringing on a Product Marketer for Fiber Cables. This is a very process driven role in which the goal is to grow Gross Profit $ and increase inventory effectiveness by effectively marketing the products. We are looking for someone who is exactly like Joe… err… I mean, we are looking for someone who is hard-working, dedicated, diligent, organized, analytical, a great written communicator, and has a GREAT attitude and “can do” spirit! If you are still intrigued, please review the job post (and pay extra attention to the part about the CK Way – We take culture seriously here and are looking for team members who truly “fit”). If you think you do fit and are interested in the position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a written note telling us the character attributes, values, and interests that describe you and influence how you approach life and work. Who knows, you could be our next friendly Product Marketer!
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Tech / Business News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 29,476,600 cases worldwide, with 21,300,200 people who have recovered, with 933,400 deaths AND 6,749,400 cases in the US with over 4,028,200 people have recovered, with 199,000 deaths.
- Western Pennsylvania District Judge William Stickman IV struck a blow to Pennsylvania’s governor on Monday, ruling that the specific shutdown orders over the coronavirus were unconstitutional.
- Americans could start receiving a covid-19 vaccine as early as this year if regulators approve Pfizer’s experimental vaccine, CEO Albert Bourla told CBS News.
- According to Dr. Anthony Fauci, most “so-called immune-boosting supplements” actually do “nothing.” However, there are two vitamins (Vitamin C & D) Fauci does recommend to help keep your immune system healthy. If you are deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection.
- Singapore Airlines is said to be considering a new route next month — what media reports are calling a “flight to nowhere.” Such flights could be seen as a way to help the embattled national carrier of Singapore cope during a year of record losses caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, reports claim, while also allowing residents of the small nation a chance to leave the island — if only for a few hours.
- Super Mario Bros celebrated its 35th anniversary on September 13th. The Japanese engineer and artist, who created Mario, picked a 26-year-old Italian-American plumber (originally a carpenter in Donkey Kong) from New York as the protagonist, Miyamoto said, “We wanted him to be someone who might live near you, and not a superhero.”