Coming Soon: Medical Grade N95 “Appendix A” Masks | Swimming with the Fishes | A Webcam for Everyone!
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
I was talking to someone the other day and the biblical reference to “loaves and fishes” came up. I stopped to say that I wonder why that didn’t get translated as “fish”. The conversation resulted in a google search.
“The plural of fish is usually fish. When referring to more than one species of fish, especially in a scientific context, you can use fishes as the plural.”
One of the most memorable quotes from the movie The Godfather is: “It’s a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.”
Today’s Product Spotlight:
1080P Webcam with AutoFocus – Webcams have been pretty hard to come by the last few months. A while back I did the doables and sourced one for you guys. Well, to be clear, I sourced over a DOZEN from several factories, and personally tested them all. Most all of them SUUUUUCKED. They were super short field of view or were washed out, had strange colors, had no auto zoom, and a variety of other issues. I couldn’t believe what garbage was out there! (And I have seen most of the ones I tested all over the web and Amazon).
This camera was my pick. “For the money” are words I would use to describe it. There are cameras that are maybe a tad better quality (quality you won’t notice) but are much more expensive. I am working on some of those as well, but it will be several weeks before I have anything ready. This one is affordable, great quality, and gets the job done!
And, have no fear – if you are not 100% satisfied you can return it no questions asked!
Check out the 4.5 star review on the product page:
I did so much camera testing that I thought about doing a site dedicated to Webcam testing and reviews. I registered the domain name “TheWebcamGuy” and maybe one day when I have nothing better to do I will do something with it – haha.
I commonly buy domains at the drop of a hat and have nearly 200 of them. One of the most interesting one is one I thought would be good for a company that is in the business of pumping septic tanks …. Think about it …. Turdtaxi.com … The trucks would look like a checkered cab. haha, I crack me up.
I once bought a name for $30,000. I once bought a name for $11,500 and sold it 6 months later for $42,000. Domain names are like ocean front property. In fact, better than ocean front property. I’ve owned ocean front property and lost money when I sold it!
Joe Craig, our friendly fill-in Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
By the time you receive this email, Joe SHOULD be back on the job. That’s what I hear anyway. I guess the aliens have completed their testing. If he in fact is back, I will be glad – it’s been tough without him!!
I am not going to throw a bunch of links at you today. Instead I am going to tell you that something very exciting is coming in mere days …. These products are in the building and waiting for Joe to launch them!
UCV Sterilizing Light wands! Woo Hoo! Pretty soon you will be able to kill the germs in hard to reach places! We are working on a few other sterilizing options too including one for your phone, a desktop version for sterilizing large objects, etc. More to come!
“Appendix A” N95 and KN95 masks! Another Woo Hoo, and a “What What, Alright!!” I will explain more about what this is in a future email (when we launch) in case you don’t already know. The short version is these come from a factory on the FDA’s list of factories they say are ok to buy from. (For the record, that doesn’t mean other factories are NOT ok to buy from, but that’s a longer story for later). The point is that we will have BOTH KN95 AND N95 masks that are on the Appendix A soon! (Like… they are in the building and just need to be listed on the site)
As an added bonus to the above, the N95 Appendix A masks are MEDICAL GRADE. So, if you are a hospital or other medical facility we will be ready to provide just what you need!
I got an update about Jojo! ….
“Jojo is off all meds and down to 25% oxygen. She has surgery tomorrow morning to reverse the colostomy. She is up to 3 lbs 8oz. Please continue prayers for her.”
If you’re not familiar with the story, you can read about it here on the blog.
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Have a GREAT weekend!
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
f you would like to receive this email daily and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
COVID-19 / Business News for Today:
- Over 12,386,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 2,557,000 people in the US have recovered! The death toll in the US stands at 162,800.
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) announced late Thursday that he had tested negative for the virus, hours after a positive result from a different test prevented him from meeting with President Trump. The initial positive came from an antigen test, which is faster but thought to be less reliable than a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test, the method that delivered the negative result.
- The U.S. Department of Labor releases its monthly jobs report today; forecasters expect the data to show a slowdown in the nation’s economic recovery after an explosion of infections triggered a new wave of shutdowns.
- Two students at a Georgia high school have been suspended after they shared photos of crowded hallways filled with maskless students on the first day of school.
- As negotiations over another coronavirus relief package inch forward on Capitol Hill, President Trump has repeatedly promised over the last week that he would step in to help the millions of people vulnerable to eviction. “We’re asking Democrats to work with us to find a solution that will temporarily stop evictions,” Trump said last week. “We do not want people who have lost their jobs due to the virus to be evicted from their homes or apartments.”
- President Trump signed an executive order Thursday requiring that certain “essential” drugs and medical supplies purchased by the federal government be manufactured domestically, a move the administration said is aimed at plugging gaps in the medical supply chain that have been revealed during the coronavirus crisis.
- In Springfield, Ill., where school district officials say that pajamas are off-limits for online instruction. Students enrolled in virtual learning can’t be in bed while classes are happening, and ideally should be seated or a desk or a table, Springfield Public Schools’ handbook says. They should have their Web cameras turned on and focused on their faces, “not another part of the room.” And they should still comply with the district-wide dress code, which bans “extremely baggy” clothing, pants with holes above the knee, slippers, hats, and pajama pants.