Hand Sanitizer Blowout | The RV adventure continues | Cisco RCKMNT-1RU Rack Kit
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
Well I’ve had quite an adventure in the last few days, and particularly Sunday. I’ve continued my hunt of a motorhome and settled on a couple brands and models within a certain age and miles range. I found what seemed to be the perfect unit at a fantastic price that was a few hours away. I called and had a great conversation with the owner and ended up going to look at it last Wednesday. While I expected to need to do some repairs, the quantity of them really started to pile up fast. It was a good bit below market value – way more than the repairs would cost, so I kept pondering on it.
I was nearly willing to pull the trigger when I saw the exact same unit on RVTrader for a tad more money but without all the issues. It had a little wrong here and there but it was being offered by a dealer and they were going to make the repairs. Great! It was in Utah though, which is a 28 hour drive in a normal car, so quite a long trip in an RV but I thought ”hey, a person buying a motorhome had better be willing to drive distances!” Ha.
I haggled a deal by phone, and got them to agree to let me sleep in the RV for a night when I arrived. They said they’d never had anyone ask that before and that I’d be locked in the fence with the guard dog. Sounded cool to me!
I booked my flight on Sat afternoon for Sunday evening. I planned to fly out at 8pm, arrive at 10pm with the time change, grab a hotel, and then head over Monday to begin my inspection and overnight stay.
My wife had been resistant to this whole plan until I made an executive family decision to get one, and said that if we hated it we could sell. After that she started pondering the whole thing and next thing I know she is showing me yet another unit on RVTrader late Sat night. It was even BETTER than the one in UT. It was even more than the previous one but was worth the difference hands down. Trouble is I’d already put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit and bought a plane ticket to Utah.
Nevertheless, it was better enough that it was worth exploring. And, it was in Florida – much closer! I spoke with the owner Sun afternoon and told him I had a one way ticket to UT that NIGHT. He told me everything I needed to know, described all the updates that had been done, and even had a pull behind SUV for sale as well, which we also wanted. The fact that it was already setup and ready to go was a huge bonus.
We started haggling price via text and there were long delays between responses. I figured he was pondering or talking to his wife but it turned out he was on business calls (on a Sunday?). We still were not talking the same language on price and I was already driving to the airport. I texted that I would change my flight from Salt Lake to Orlando if we could agree. We were close on price so I went ahead and asked if he’d mind if I diverted my flight to Orlando.
He didn’t reply quickly, but I was half way to the airport and needed to make a decision. I decided to take a chance and change my flight to Orlando. I’d deal with the deposit / Salt Lake unit later. I pulled up the delta app to look for a change flight option. “Your upcoming flight will allow check in 24 hours prior to departure”. Wait, what? I HAD BOOKED THE FLIGHT IN OCT!!
Oh good grief Charlie Brown. Ok, well, let me start from scratch with booking to Orlando and I will deal with that later. I booked and clicked submit, got the “you did it!” confirmation, and THREE seconds later he replies and says “sorry, I can’t meet will Wednesday”. WHAT?! OMG.
So I’m half way to the airport, just booked a flight that boards 30 min after I get there, the other flight wasn’t even in this month, and he says he can’t meet me. Insert image of cartoon with steam coming out its ears.
We talked it out, agreed to meet Monday evening, so at that moment in time all seemed well.
Then my flight was delayed two hours due to weather and that’s always fun on an empty stomach with Crohn’s headed to a town where you have no idea what you’ll eat or what will be open – ha. But I figured something out and got my rental car and hotel.
With any luck, I’ll be driving a motorhome back home in the next day or so. And if not, I’ll be off to Salt Lake … or the nut house. Haha. Ha.
Today’s Product Spotlight from Rerun (AKA Rebecca):
Cisco Catalyst 1RU 19” Rack Mount Kit
Welcome to another work week! I know Mondays can be hard, but we have a long Labor Day weekend coming up so I’m excited to hit the ground running and make this week as productive as possible!
Today’s product spotlight is going to be focused on our most popular rack mount kit: RCKMNT-1RU
This little guy is extremely versatile and fits a WIDE variety of products! The RCKMNT-1RU is a 19” 1RU rack mount kit that includes (2) brackets and all the screws needed to attach the brackets to your switch! It is designed to help you mount your switches for safety and efficiency! If you are really looking to maximize efficiency and keep your rack clean and organized, you can also add in our Cisco 1RU Cable Management Kit in addition to your rack mount kit!
If you’re curious about which switches RCKMNT-1RU fits, here is a quick snapshot of some of the most popular switch series that it fits. RCKMNT-1RU fits many Cisco Catalyst models in the following series:
Please check our product pages to confirm the specific models in each series that this rack mount fits.
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
On Friday I told you guys there would be big news today. Well, that there is! Now’s your chance to get select hand sanitizer at the best prices we’ve ever had as they will be on sale! I’m very excited, this is one of the first big sales we’ve ever had on safety supplies! This sale will be running throughout the week, and if there’s ever a time to stock up on sanitizers, it’s now! Whether you need a large size/bulk quantity or a smaller size we have it all, take advantage!
We’re Hiring for our Product Department! We have an opening, as detailed by Rerun (AKA Rebecca), below. Is this you or someone you know?
Product Marketing Specialist – Fiber Cables
Have you been reading these CEO emails thinking “Wow, CK sure sounds like a fun place to work! Wish I could be a part of the team and contribute to the CEO daily email like Joe the friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer does!”? Do you love product marketing? Do you revel in the recurring nature of processes and relish accountability? If so, listen up! We are looking to expand our Product Team by bringing on a Product Marketer for Fiber Cables. This is a very process driven role in which the goal is to grow Gross Profit $ and increase inventory effectiveness by effectively marketing the products. We are looking for someone who is exactly like Joe… err… I mean, we are looking for someone who is hard-working, dedicated, diligent, organized, analytical, a great written communicator, and has a GREAT attitude and “can do” spirit! If you are still intrigued, please review the job post (and pay extra attention to the part about the CK Way – We take culture seriously here and are looking for team members who truly “fit”). If you think you do fit and are interested in the position, please send us your resume at email@example.com along with a written note telling us the character attributes, values, and interests that describe you and influence how you approach life and work. Who knows, you could be our next friendly Product Marketer!
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Tech / Business News for Today:
- Right at 25,416,000 cases worldwide, with 17,724,600 people who have recovered, with 836,300 deaths AND 6,175,400 cases in the US with over 3,425,800 people have recovered, with 187,234 deaths.
- Based on a report from the CDC, only 6% of deaths have COVID-19 as the only cause mentioned, revealing that 94% of patients who died from coronavirus also had other “health conditions and contributing causes.”
- Tesla is pushing a software update that will let its vehicles’ Autopilot system detect speed limit signs using their cameras, Electrek reported. When the camera detects a speed limit sign, it will be displayed on the driver visualization in the car and used to set a speed limit warning, according to the software release notes.
- Elon Musk has unveiled a pig called Gertrude with a coin-sized computer chip in her brain to demonstrate his ambitious plans to create a working brain-to-machine interface.Mr Musk argues such chips could eventually be used to help cure conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s disease and spinal cord injuries.
- LG will be showcasing the PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier at IFA 2020, a consumer electronics and home appliance trade show that typically takes place in Berlin every year. The LG PuriCare Wearable uses two H13 HEPA filters, which are the same filters used in the company’s home air purifier products. It allows users to breath in clean, filtered air, according to LG. The wearable is equipped with a respiratory sensor that detects the cycle and volume of the wearer’s breath, and it adjusts the dual three-speed fans accordingly, speeding up to assist air intake or slowing down when exhaling to make breathing easier, the company said
- On Thursday, the tech giant launched Halo, its first health wearable, along with an accompanying app, in the United States. The device, which is worn on the wrist, offers similar features to other wearables on the market, such as activity and sleep tracking, but it also comes with several new offerings that are sure to stoke privacy concerns. The “Tone” feature, which people must opt-in to, uses small mics on the band and machine learning to analyze your voice to predict how other people might perceive your tone. The technology takes into account pitch, intensity, tempo and rhythm, to create timestamps of your speech with labels such as “content” or “hesitant” as well as positivity and energy levels.
- United Airlines on Sunday said that it will permanently scrap the $200 fee to change domestic flights, a big bet that more flexible policies will win over much-needed customers as the pain from the coronavirus pandemic’s impact on air travel continue to mount.