IKEA | Modeling Business for Others | Price Drops on Thermometers and Gowns
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard …
IKEA is an acronym which stands for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, which is the founder’s name, farm where he grew up, and hometown.
Today I met with a former CK team member for lunch. He left over a year ago and went out on his own to focus on sourcing products overseas to save his clients money and reduce overall time and aggravation. We do this too, but he wanted to focus 100% of his effort on it as well as radically change his lifestyle which included selling his house and moving a few hours away to be near family.
We met because we are still great friends that don’t get to see each other very often. He was in town on business and we were able to connect which is always a great time and today was no exception. One of my favorite people!
In addition, we are working on a project together and were able to discuss it a little. He has a client that he’s manufacturing several thousand sneeze guards for that will go into retail locations. He’s not setup for logistics, nor does he want to be, so he asked if we could handle that aspect. I gladly accepted because we have a great team and great operation that handles warehousing, logistics, and pick/pack/ship every day. We’ll receive several containers full of product, then stage and process over 100 pallets to over 60 locations nationwide. Fun!
When I left our lunch appointment today I was thinking about how not only have we remained great friends but how he also trusts me/us to handle such a critical aspect of this deal for him. And this is a guy that worked for me for 10 years and knows where all the bodies are buried! Haha.
Truthfully though, there really are no bodies – and I’m sure that’s part of why he trusts us. It’s not that we never mess up – we do. But we work really hard to fix what gets messed up and to figure out what went wrong and prevent it going forward. A positive outcome is always the goal – for the customer, for us, for staff, and for anyone else we interact with.
Our company’s purpose is “To model for and inspire others in how they build and run their companies”. It’s times like these when I think that sometimes, just sometimes, we must be doing something right.
Today’s Product Spotlight from Rerun (AKA Rebecca):
LINIER 6U 19” Wall Mount Cabinet with Glass Door
Check out this LINIER 6U 19” Wall Mount Cabinet that comes complete with a shatterproof glass door with lock! This is one of our most popular wall mount cabinets and it’s easy to see why! It’s an excellent solution for storing your wireless routers, switches, patch panels, DVR’s, and more. This cabinet comes with removable locking side panels, one set of fully adjustable rails, cutouts for an optional fan assembly, and removable cable slots. Did I mention that it can hold a maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs!?
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
Good news for all of you! We have two price updates today that I think you guys will love.
First, our standard Infrared Thermometer will be on sale through the rest of our current stock! Just like the 3-Ply facemasks this is the cheapest these have ever been!
Secondly, our isolation gowns have seen a price update. Both the 10-pack and 150 pack have been cut. If you have a need for higher-level or chemo gown, please reach out to us as we have access to these and may be able to help you out!
We’re Hiring for our Product Department! We have an opening, as detailed by Rerun (AKA Rebecca), below. Is this you or someone you know?
Product Marketing Specialist – Fiber Cables
Have you been reading these CEO emails thinking “Wow, CK sure sounds like a fun place to work! Wish I could be a part of the team and contribute to the CEO daily email like Joe the friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer does!”? Do you love product marketing? Do you revel in the recurring nature of processes and relish accountability? If so, listen up! We are looking to expand our Product Team by bringing on a Product Marketer for Fiber Cables. This is a very process driven role in which the goal is to grow Gross Profit $ and increase inventory effectiveness by effectively marketing the products. We are looking for someone who is exactly like Joe… err… I mean, we are looking for someone who is hard-working, dedicated, diligent, organized, analytical, a great written communicator, and has a GREAT attitude and “can do” spirit! If you are still intrigued, please review the job post (and pay extra attention to the part about the CK Way – We take culture seriously here and are looking for team members who truly “fit”). If you think you do fit and are interested in the position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a written note telling us the character attributes, values, and interests that describe you and influence how you approach life and work. Who knows, you could be our next friendly Product Marketer!
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
Tech / Business News for Today:
- Right at 24,368,000 cases worldwide, with 16,897,800 people who have recovered, with 830,400 deaths AND 6,002,000 cases in the US with over 3,314,600 people have recovered, with 183,685 deaths.
- A $5 coronavirus test that could deliver results within 15 minutes has received emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration.
- The Justice Department requested data on covid-19 in nursing homes from the Democratic governors of four states while claiming that their choices during the pandemic “may have resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly nursing home residents”.
- Facebook says its ability to serve ads to iPhone users will be significantly curtailed by Apple’s latest software update. Apple (AAPL)’s new operating system, iOS 14, places additional restrictions on user data that make it harder to serve them with targeted ads, Facebook (FB) said in a note to developers Wednesday.
- It has been three years since the Nintendo Switch launched in March of 2017. The Japanese company has garnered success with its handheld console. Since then, Nintendo has been in the dark. Nintendo hasn’t released a revised version of the Nintendo Switch or a new handheld. But reports from different sources suggest Nintendo will be releasing a new product in 2021. Nintendo is expected to release a handheld or even a console in 2021 as reports point that the new product might be a handheld or even a TV only console. The new Nintendo console will support 4K displays and comes with upgraded hardware.
- DeSantis said Wednesday that Florida is getting more “comfortable” with the idea of expanding capacity at its theme parks, including Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort, and will support those parks in the easing up of COVID-19 capacity restrictions as cases in the state appear to be declining.