The Will of God | Clorox Canister Wipes | Crazy Good price on 3-Ply Masks | OM3 Fiber
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard …
German Chocolate Cake is named after an American baker by the name of Samuel German. It has no affiliation with the country of Germany.
You really need to check out the two things Joe is saying below today. Cannister wipes are back in stock, and we have slammed the price down on 3-ply masks!
I just banged out a few paragraphs on the will of God below. I hope you’ll check it out.
Today’s Product Spotlight from Rerun (AKA Rebecca):
Happy Wednesday!! We made it to the halfway point so it’s all downhill from here, right!?
Today we are featuring a product that’s an absolute staple… Sometimes overlooked, not always given it’s due, but always there for us when we need it… OM3 Fiber! This small but mighty cable is an MVP when you think about it… it utilizes laser-optimized multimode (LOMMF) transmission and enables high bandwidth with speeds up to 10Gbps!
We offer a wide variety of options in OM3 (and many other optical modes!) including your choice between Basic Cable or Premium Cable. We also offer a variety of connector types including Push-Pull Tab, Standard, and Uniboot!
Our Premium OM3 cables feature Corning® Optical Fiberglass to give you the highest degree of strength and purity along with low attenuation! In addition, our cables are made with Bend Insensitive Fiber (BIF) meaning you can bend and twist away with minimal loss, Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) jackets, Ultra Physical Contact (UPC) Polish, and Simple Polarity Reversible Function!
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
BIG NEWS!! All of our 3-Ply Face Masks have seen price cuts! This includes both our adult size as well as our Kids Face Masks. The best part about this is like I mentioned yesterday, our 2000 pack will be on sale throughout the week. That means not only did it see a price cut, but that price is on sale! This is the lowest our prices have ever been, take advantage!
Now I have something that I used to love telling you guys about! It’s been a while, but we have CANISTERS again!! Check out our cleaning wipes page and you’ll see we finally have more Lysol 80 count canisters! People seem to prefer canisters over flex packs so now’s your chance to grab some. There’s no telling how long these will last, I’m always in shock with how fast you guys sell us out of these!
We’re Hiring for our Product Department! We have an opening, as detailed by Rerun (AKA Rebecca), below. Is this you or someone you know?
Product Marketing Specialist – Fiber Cables
Have you been reading these CEO emails thinking “Wow, CK sure sounds like a fun place to work! Wish I could be a part of the team and contribute to the CEO daily email like Joe the friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer does!”? Do you love product marketing? Do you revel in the recurring nature of processes and relish accountability? If so, listen up! We are looking to expand our Product Team by bringing on a Product Marketer for Fiber Cables. This is a very process driven role in which the goal is to grow Gross Profit $ and increase inventory effectiveness by effectively marketing the products. We are looking for someone who is exactly like Joe… err… I mean, we are looking for someone who is hard-working, dedicated, diligent, organized, analytical, a great written communicator, and has a GREAT attitude and “can do” spirit! If you are still intrigued, please review the job post (and pay extra attention to the part about the CK Way – We take culture seriously here and are looking for team members who truly “fit”). If you think you do fit and are interested in the position, please send us your resume at email@example.com along with a written note telling us the character attributes, values, and interests that describe you and influence how you approach life and work. Who knows, you could be our next friendly Product Marketer!
The Circumstantial Will of God
When I first moved to Atlanta I heard a sermon at a church service that stuck with me all these years. The pastor discussed how God has three different types of will. You may have heard “The Lord wills it” or “The will of God”, etc. Generally speaking, “the will of God” has been understood as a vague “Whatever God wants to do” sort of thing. This message broke it down into three primary buckets that I really found helpful to apply to life.
- Determined Will. In this case there are things that God WILL do or will make happen. Christ will return, the earth will be made new, Satan will be destroyed, etc. These are things that are not negotiable and that we cannot change. No one could prevent or change Jesus’ arrival on earth, and no one was able to kill him (although there were many attempts) until it was his time. In the same way, no one will prevent the things God intends to do. Jesus was sent to earth to die in our place as forgiveness of our sins – to those that believe and confess Him as Lord. It happened because it was God’s determined will for it to happen, and so it will be with all other things the Lord determined beforehand.
- Desired Will. In this case God has a strong desire for things to go a certain way in our lives. Though we have been given free will to make our own choices and decisions He wants what’s best for us, He wants us to turn from sin and rebellion and be in deep relationship with Him early in life, and He wants us to walk in the spirit in our daily lives (not in our intellect making foolish or selfish decisions). Reading His word, praying, seeking what He would have for us and what He would have us do. Just like how you want what’s best for your kids. They may not understand it, but you do. God is god and therefore knows everything there is to know about parenting …. us.
- Circumstantial Will. When we don’t follow His desired will, which we don’t often or consistently do – at least not for very long, He is merciful and gracious to allow us to get back on track. He helps us to pick up the pieces and get back on the road. He heals our wounds, comforts our hearts, teaches, guides, corrects. He is patient and kind, loving and merciful. He would prefer that we walk in the light as He is in the light, but when we stumble into darkness He is there and ready to restore us.
Rebellion isn’t cheap – there are consequences. Think about what happened when you disobeyed the rules of your parents or of the law. In both cases, when we disobey, we can be restored, but not often without consequences. But, recovery is possible. Even in the case of prison, people are rehabilitated all the time. That person may make a bad decision and have to deal with the consequences of being in prison, but many turn their lives around, get out, and go on to live productive lives.
It’s the same with God. We may mess up somewhere along the way, but God is faithful to rehabilitate and restore us. 1 John 1:9 says “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”. However, we may still have jail time so to speak. Our lives may go one way if we follow the Lord’s plan for us, but when we do not, we may face delays, speed bumps, or even lifelong consequences of our decisions and actions. Divorce, addiction, or any one of a laundry list of sinful behavior we may find ourselves a part of are things that take us where don’t want to be, or that isn’t good for us, and certainly isn’t glorifying to the Lord. I once heard about sin – “Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay” – Ravi Zacharias. I can attest from personal experience that this is true!
Fortunately, even though he has a desired will for our life, He will work with us from where we are. The story of the prodigal son is a great example. Even though the son left and sinned against his father (an analogy to how we rebel against God), his father welcomed him back instantly when he came with a repentant heart.
God has a plan for our life from the moment we are born. If we trust and obey Him we can walk in the fullness of His plan for us. Psalm 103:19 – The Lord has established His throne in the heavens and His sovereignty rules over all. But when we screw it all up, which we usually will, we can count on his unfailing love for us … Romans 8:38 – For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
It is common to think that God is angry and there is nothing we can do to please Him, so people avoid talking to, reading about, or even thinking about God. Kinda like when we do wrong as kids we want to avoid parents, right? That’s what rebellion does in the heart. Adam and Eve hid from God in the Garden of Eden when they had sinned the first time. The key is to turn to God with a soft heart, accept His forgiveness through the sacrifice and Lordship of Jesus, and seek to walk in a manner worthy of our calling. And when we screw it all up, we can pick back up and keep going from wherever we find ourselves. God will accept us right where we are, exactly how we are. He will change our heart and lead us to a better life from that point forward. A new beginning.
Where are you? Do you need to surrender your life to the Lord? Do you need to return to the Lord like the prodigal son? No matter where you are, or how bad you think things are, God’s arms are always open, waiting for you to return to Him.
Do you need to take action today? From your heart, consider speaking something similar to the following to God. “Father, save me from my sin. I believe that Jesus died for me, rose from the dead, and sits on throne next to you. I accept Him as Lord and will do my best to obey you. Teach me, guide me, correct me. I am yours. Amen.” Add every ounce of what is on your mind and heart. I encourage you to even write it down (journal it) – perhaps even as you pray it.
Praise the Lord God Almighty for His never-ending grace and mercy.
If you’ve surrendered your life to the Lord, or if you have any questions, I hope you’ll let me know. I’d like to pray for and encourage you.
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
Tech / Business News for Today:
- Right at 24,092,800 cases worldwide, with 16,634,300 people who have recovered, with 824,200 deaths AND 5,956,336 cases in the US with over 3,254,200 people have recovered, with 182,400 deaths.
- The US government is announcing $1 billion in new funding for multidisciplinary AI and quantum computing research hubs today, according to multiple reports. A total of 12 hubs will be funded, each embedded within different agencies of the federal government. Their work will span a diverse range of topics, from using machine learning for atmospheric and ocean science, to speeding up high-energy physics simulations with quantum systems.
- The New Zealand stock exchange was knocked offline two days in a row due to a cyber-attack. NZX said it had first been hit by a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack from abroad, on Tuesday. The exchange said the attack had “impacted NZX network connectivity” and it had decided to halt trading in cash markets just before 16:00 local time. Trading halted briefly for a second time, on Wednesday, but was back up and running before the end of the day.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revised its guidance for coronavirus testing this week. It now says that many people who have been exposed to the virus through close contact with someone who later tested positive “do not necessarily need a test” if they are not experiencing symptoms.
- American Airlines will be the first airline to deploy a disinfecting surface coating that kills the coronavirus for up to seven days, the Environmental Protection Agency announced.
- Google Chrome is improving the performance of its tabs and introducing new features to increase efficiency. Google is improving the recently introduced tab grouping, which will help visually distinguish the tabs by topic and collapse and expand tabs accordingly. Improvements in the tabs could lead to 10 percent faster page loads and more battery and memory savings. While some of these features are still in beta mode, the rest will gradually be rolling out for all users.