Gallons of Sanitizer | CP-PWR-CUBE-4 | Becoming Debt Free|My Continued RV Adventures
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
Rerun included a link to a video Jonathan and I recorded in her product spotlight yesterday. I didn’t watch it till after the email was sent out and was like wow, I look different! It’s crazy how different a person can look after losing 50lbs! As an added bonus I was in an especially goofy mood that day and as you can see, I started the video off laughing. We couldn’t seem to get a good take and I got the giggles. Jonathan wasn’t as amused as I was – lol.
I also mentioned in my email that my wife and I are 5 days apart. I failed to mention we are 5 days and four years apart (she just turned 38 and I turned 42). That reminded me of a cool story … I had an executive that worked for me several years ago. He and I were meeting with a consultant and somehow wedding anniversaries came up. One of them said theirs was in a particular month, and the other one said that theirs was as well. Then one mentioned the day of the month, and the other’s was on the same day. Then one of them mentioned the year and it turned out they were both married on the same exact day more than 40 years earlier! So odd! I of course kept drilling hoping it was the same TIME but there was a difference of several hours.
RV Adventure Update below!
Today’s Product Spotlight from Rerun (AKA Rebecca):
As many of us have transitioned from working in the office to working from home, we’ve had to find ways to power our devices so that there is no interruption to business! This is where products like the CP-PWR-CUBE-4 come in clutch! This power cube is a replacement power supply for Cisco CP-88XX, CP-89XX, and CP-99XX VoIP Phones. Check out our product page to see all compatible models. As usual, we have you covered whether you need Cisco original Factory Sealed or Refurbished. We even offer our very own CK Branded model as well as a CK Branded Model w/Straight Plug! Both of the CK versions are on sale now for a limited time at prices that can’t be beat!
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
As you all may know by now, these emails are written the night before you receive them. Last night I had mentioned Clorox wipes are in stock… by the time I woke up this morning I was shocked (but not too much) to see you guys had bought everything we had! Completely ran us dry till the next shipment! With the current craze over brands like Clorox I’d like to direct you to our Disinfectant Sprays. I did everything I could to give our customers the absolute BEST options, which not surprising is Clorox.
One of my main focuses this week is to get squared away on hand sanitizers. This means finding the right ingredients, scent, size, etc. Today I was excited to be able to get a start by re-listing one of our popular sanitizers, The 80% alcohol gallon, which we sold at the beginning of COVID-19. It’s now back on the site at an even better price! This is perfect to use on any of our Dispensers as well! Stock up so you don’t have to frequently worry about re-ordering!
Dave Ramsey’s 4 Finance Baby Steps:
I saw this article the other day and thought to myself that it was by far the shortest presentation of the ways of Dave Ramsey I had ever seen. I wanted to share it with you in case you hadn’t seen it.
If you want to get into a situation where you “have more money than you need”, or have “financial peace” as Dave calls it, I think you can boil it down to having to do three things.
- Stop the bleeding – Cut out spending that is putting you further in debt. Create a space between what you make and what you spend.
- Pay off debt. The more debt you pay off, the more money you’ll have left over. Then pay off debt faster. Then you’ll have even more money.
- Build savings to a point where you can weather almost any financial storm. It’s not about being independently wealthy / rich, it’s about have TIME to deal with problems if/when they come up.
The sum total of all this is – “Spend less than you make”.
When these things are done you have the freedom to spend from your excess any way you like. You can either save more, give more, increase your level of living, or save up and buy things you want. The trick is putting things in the right order. A little delayed gratification can go a long way toward a much more peaceful future with less anxiety. But you have to value being debt free and having cash more than you do increasing your lifestyle – at least in the short term.
My wife and I started down this path in earnest 4-5 years ago. Before long we had no personal debt except our house, which we are working toward paying off. I want to give you one single tip that I think changed everything for us. When we got started we setup a “Debt Reduction” checking account. What we did was direct ANY extra money we thought we could do without to that account. As it built in the account we would start figuring out at what point we would let it go to either pay off or pay down a debt.
While it was still sitting in the Debt Reduction account we still had access to it, so if anything bad happened that required cash, we could still use it. Once we had enough in the account to either pay something off, or to pay it down in a meaningful way (extra payments for instance) we would let the cash go, pay off or pay down the debt, and start building the account back up again.
We would (and still do) put any unexpected money into that account. Refunds from insurance policies / escrow, mail in rebate checks, and even cash back checks from credit cards. If I sell something from around the house the money is likely going into that account.
When you know that you can always pull it back out it really starts to get your wheels turning for sources of cash to put in there. At the same time, seeing that balance grow and imagining your debt being paid down or off motivates you to leave it alone! It’s pretty cool.
You’ll get much further by reading the work of Dave Ramsey than you will my little write up, but hopefully it inspires you to do so!
RV Adventure Update:
We made it to the beach and it was awesome. We used to own an ocean front beach house in Murrells Inlet, SC but sold it last year. Going to the beach this trip and not worrying about all the maintenance and headache was nice. By the way, there are situations where I might advise someone that it makes sense to buy a beach house, but in most cases (almost ALL ocean front cases) I would advise you to rent or at LEAST buy a condo where there is an HOA to handle the grounds and such, but that is another subject altogether.
Anyway, we had a great day on the beach. I did exactly as I predicted and sat under the umbrella while the kids played in the water or tried to see how much sand they could get to stick to their bodies. We had the golf cart that was delivered in the morning which was the difference between the trip to the beach being fun or being torture. Plus, after we washed up we drove the cart almost 2 miles to a highly rated seafood restaurant on the other end of the island. Half the trip home was in the dark …. Until I finally figured out how to turn the headlights on haha. All part of the adventure.
We head home today after we get everything packed up and get the cart turned in. I am already emailing with a friend about what trip our families should take together. They have a camper and similar aged kids which was part of the inspiration to start looking at and testing out campers to begin with.
I hope you are enjoying these emails. If you are, I appreciate it when you let me know! If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let me know! Sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees”.
As always, please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
COVID-19 / Business News for Today:
- Over 14,827,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 2,974,000 people in the US have recovered! The death toll in the US stands at 173,772.
- The Los Angeles Unified School District announced Sunday plans for a widespread program that will test hundreds of thousands of students and teachers for COVID-19, as the school year formally begins this week.
- Two California parents suing to force Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom to reopen schools for in-person learning this fall are growing increasingly concerned about the ramifications that extended school closures would have on their children.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, one of the largest schools to insist on holding in-person classes, is switching to an entirely remote model for undergraduates after just one week. Clusters of novel coronavirus cases had been reported in a fraternity house and several residence halls.
- The president of Mexico volunteered to receive the recently developed Russian vaccine against the coronavirus, saying he would welcome an injection if the method is proved to work. Public health experts have expressed concern that the vaccine was not properly vetted before Russian authorities approved it.
- The pandemic has made a lot of bad things worse, but South Africa’s near-total lack of a flu season this year stands out as a rare positive effect. The country’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) has three laboratories that would normally record more than 1,000 cases of flu between April and August, winter in the Southern Hemisphere. As the 2020 season ends, they have recorded just one. (Kinda makes you wonder, huh?)
- Florida has recorded the lowest COVID-19 case numbers since June.