Holidays, Star Trek, & Products for a Penny!
Today is the FINAL day of our Mid-year BLOW OUT sale!
580 items remain and are now a PENNY each!
Use the facets on the left of the page to narrow the results.
There’s switch modules, transceivers, Fiber and Ethernet, racking, and more!
I hope you had a great long weekend. I complain ALL – THE – TIME about Chinese holidays. I once said to a Chinese vendor that it would be EASIER for them to just tell me what days they were planning on working instead of which ones they would be off. But, taking off and enjoying the holidays that we do have here has shown me that there is a lot of value in “playing hard” (or “relaxing hard”) in between working hard. I think the Chinese certainly do that well in my experience! (Work really hard with down time in between). This holiday was one of those times. I didn’t lift a finger to work on anything CK related and it was glorious.
In fact, I had just finished the Star Trek Original Series and was able to watch the entire Animated Series (which I didn’t even know existed until over half way through the Original Series), and watch 5 of the 6 Star Trek Movies. I am watching the 6th one right now (I am writing this email Sunday night). I must say – I got to where I really enjoyed the original series. Once I got passed the antiquated technology (I grew up watching Next Generation) and fully knew the characters it got good. Then, the animated series. Uhhhhh … well I made it through the animated series. I am glad I watched it because there were things that I recall showing up later, but it was to be endured. Here was the big surprise to me …. I thought I was going to have to grin and bear it through the movies but I absolutely loved them. And, it was so much better to watch them with the knowledge of the Original Series and Animated series. “The Wrath of Khan” – I would have really missed out had I not already seen the episode where he was introduced. Once I finish The Undiscovered Country (the 6th and final movie with the original cast) I will begin The Next Generation from the very beginning, which I have never done.
Now that the weekend is over, the remaining items from our blowout sale are a PENNY each! HURRY UP! (Why are you still reading this email??)
There are some really good items in there (amongst some garbage of course). There is a FULL ENCLOSED 19” rack in there (yes, for a penny). There are fiber cables, transceivers, data cables, rack screws, rack mount kits, power cords, and Cisco replacement parts.
For a penny, surely you can find some techno bric-a-brac for your server room or lab. How about an IT themed Christmas Tree? How about sending random IT relics to people you barely know with no explanation? That’s got some value beyond the cost of shipping! Order mountains of rack screws and send them to a staff member at a former employer with a note signed by the boss instructing them to secretly and quietly replace every rack screw on the raised floor due to a shear load strength recall of the current screws – and request that detailed photos be taken of each replacement before and after. Poor guy.
A reminder of some ground rules …
Here are some ground rules for the penny aspect of the sale. The short version is that we are not going to let someone actually take every last remaining item for a penny. You knew there would be a catch. But, the catch is not that bad. It’s simply that you need to pay for shipping. We make a slight profit on shipping that covers the labor to pick the orders and boxes to pack them in. Plus, the process of “normal” picking and packing is not disruptive to our operation. You know what WOULD be disruptive? Someone ordering a pile of what is left and choosing customer pickup, asking to ship on their own account, ship via truck, etc. We are not going to do that. If you manage to enter an order and not pay for shipping, we will cancel the order. Thank you in advance for being reasonable and understanding.
Don’t forget to forward to friends/co-workers!
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
The Million Dollar Inventory Blowout Extravaganza
Our Million Dollar inventory clearance blowout extravaganza marches on. A few notable items (great/hidden deals): Switches, Transceivers, Ethernet, Fiber, Racking, and more!
There are so many items that we need to clear out that we don’t have time to research current market pricing on each of them, so we are doing things “in reverse”. We will drop the price daily and whatever sells will be evaluated at that point. If we can source it and keep selling it for the new price, and there is still a demand for it, we will. If not, a good deal awaits you and our warehouse shelves will be lighter. Either way, it is a necessary change. Sometimes you need to make a change. Sometimes you have to do something radical. And sometimes you have to face the facts. Some of these items may be dead and gone (minus the gone) and we need to face that fact. Some of these items have not sold in 60 or 90 days, or sometimes a year! So, they gotta go!
We have many items (over half our catalog) that have gotten stale. It is time to get these bad boys moving – either out the door or in the DUMPSTER. I can’t believe we are doing this …
We took the original prices and divided them my 10.
EACH DAY we will reduce the price by 10% of the original price.
Day one all the items were 10% off.
Day two 20% off.
Day three 30% off …
all the way to day 10 where whatever is left will be 1 penny.
Whatever doesn’t sell will get recycled!!
We are clearing the shelves to make room for new items!
Here is my advice to you – look through the Deals section of the site, which is where the sale items will be. If you see something you want, you better grab it because if not someone else may. Check each day for what remains. You never know what you may find!
Forward this to friends/co-workers and let them join in the deals.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
N95 Mask – Both Kimberly Clark and 3M Models available
Sanitizers, Dispensers, & Wipes
Single Serve Alcohol Wipes – Back in stock!
Lysol Disinfectant Wipes – – 80 count pouch
Motion Activated Desktop Dispenser – Use for Liquid or Gel Hand Sanitizer
Motion Activated Floor Dispenser – Available in liquid/Gel and Spray models – Pre-order now!
Wall models coming soon.
Touchless Infrared Thermometers – Basic and Premium options available
Non-Skid protective shoe covers – FDA Approved. Non-FDA version available cheaper soon.
Disposable arm length Isolation Gowns – FDA Approved
Nitrile and Vinyl Gloves – Back in Stock!
COVID-19 / Business News for Today:
- Over 6,555,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 1,289,000 people in the US have recovered!
- The House and Senate have adjourned for a two-week recess without addressing the alarming new rise in coronavirus infections, setting up an intense struggle when they return over what might be the final major relief package for the pandemic.
- Australian officials said they would shut the border between the country’s two most populous states, effective Tuesday night, after a new outbreak in Melbourne that threatens the nation’s relative success over recent months in containing the pandemic.
- As the United States reported 43,347 new cases Sunday with the increase of testing, Arizona and Nevada reported their highest numbers of coronavirus-related hospitalizations to date. Seven-day case averages in 12 states hit new highs, with the most significant upticks reported in West Virginia, Tennessee and Montana.
- Public health authorities in South Korea said Monday that the coronavirus strain spreading in the country appeared to have come from Europe and the United States rather than the pandemic’s original epicenter in China.
- The Louvre Museum in Paris reopened its doors to the public Monday after shuttering in March because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- More than 800 professors at the Georgia Institute of Technology are protesting plans to reopen for the fall without making masks mandatory, saying that doing so ignores scientific consensus and puts lives at risk.
- The low-dose steroid treatment dexamethasone is a major breakthrough in the fight against the deadly virus, UK experts say. The drug is part of the world’s biggest trial testing existing treatments to see if they also work for coronavirus. It cut the risk of death by a third for patients on ventilators. For those on oxygen, it cut deaths by a fifth. Had the drug had been used to treat patients in the UK from the start of the pandemic, up to 5,000 lives could have been saved, researchers say.