You can listen or watch. Here it is: https://www.jasonscottmontoya.com/inspiration/people/537-craig-haynie
We talk about my weight loss, Crohn’s disease diagnosis, and alternate paths and what causes outcomes in our lives. We talk about how COVID has forced people into thinking about doing things in ways different from what has been normal. At CK we had to learn how to work from home effectively – how we would run meetings via video, interact with external people, etc. Once we figured out how to make it work, we became more effective than we were before.
You’ll hear about my early childhood growing up poor and struggling in school, and my journey from the trailer park to becoming an entrepreneur to starting CablesAndKits, and beyond.
I talk about my Plan, Build, Run framework and how that is a part of how we are transforming CablesAndKits. After 13 years of $1M year over year growth we found ourselves plateaued for 5 years and came to realize that as Einstein said, “Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them”. Realizing that there are generally three distinct rhythm types needed in business was an eye-opener for us and realizing and navigating how to structure roles to leverage these rhythms has been the journey we have been on.
I talk about how the outcome is more important than the friction we encounter, and discovering where you want to go is a prerequisite to the conviction needed to get there. You have to have the will to overcome the obstacles that stand in your way.
We talk about how we ended up selling Safety Supplies and the importance of the entrepreneur being near the front edges of the business, not living in the middle, which turned out to be the reason we plateaued for 5 years.
We also discuss our three-pillar approach to building a business unit – Product, Marketing, and Channel, and how visibility and accountability results in sustainability.
And so much more! Give it a listen and give me your thoughts and feedback! I always love to hear from you.
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
WOW! Yesterday I mentioned Lysol wipes are back on the site again and I didn’t think they’d last long, and they didn’t! By the time lunch rolled around we were sold out of every single Lysol wipe we had. Crazy! Don’t worry though, we have plenty of other Cleaning wipes that will get the job done as well as some other variations on the way!
Isolation Gowns are picking up again and I’m happy to announce they’ve seen a big price cut! These are Non-surgical grade but if you have a need for Surgical-grade gowns feel free to reach out as we have easy access to those as well, and they may even be live on the site soon.
With our standard infrared thermometers back in stock the sale on the premium option is going to come to an end. Friday 7/24 will be the LAST DAY to get your hands on the Premium Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer at a killer price!
Finally, I’d like to reiterate just how important it is to check Craig’s daily email. You never know what information in it may pertain to you! Looking at how fast Lysol wipes sold out is an example of an item that most customers would’ve never had the chance to get a hold of without being subscribed to the daily email. Forward to your friends to sign up!
New Legislation Would Grant Automatic Forgiveness of PPP Loans Under $150,000
I hope you have a great Friday and a great weekend! Rest! Enjoy your family and friends! Life is short – make the most of it.
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
COVID-19 / Business News for Today:
- Over 9,569,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 2,000,000 people in the US have recovered! The death toll stands at 147,000.
- U.S. airlines have unveiled stricter rules for face coverings, and at least two — American and Southwest — say they will no longer carry passengers who refuse to wear masks.
- Major League Baseball began its pandemic-shortened season Thursday night, devoid of fans, governed by a detailed list of safety protocols and without one of its top stars, Juan Soto, who tested positive for the coronavirus. Anthony Fauci, one of the nation’s top infectious-disease experts, wore a Washington Nationals mask while throwing out the first pitch – which was WAY off the mark.
- Nearly 3 in 5 U.S. parents are concerned about their children falling behind in their education amid the pandemic, a new ABC News poll finds. Two California parents suing their Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom to reopen schools for in-person learning explained Friday that they’re concerned about their children.
- A federal moratorium that had protected an estimated 12 million renters from eviction for four months is expiring. Of the 110 million Americans living in rental households, 20 percent are at risk of eviction by Sept. 30, according to an analysis by the Covid-19 Eviction Defense Project, a Colorado-based community group.
- Disney is delaying the release of some of its biggest blockbusters, including “Mulan,” “Star Wars” and “Avatar,” as the coronavirus pandemic continues to wrack the globe.
- Life Time, a Minnesota-based athletic club chain, announced Thursday that it would begin requiring masks to be worn within its workout facilities to slow the spread of COVID-19 — and it also developed a set of training guidelines on how to get back into shape with a mask on.
- Citing the rising numbers of COVID-19 in the state, President Trump told Sean Hannity that he is “setting an example” with the last-minute change to cancel the part of the Republican National Convention in Jacksonville, FL., which he hopes will encourage citizens to practice social distancing.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: Safety Supples
N95 Mask – Both Kimberly Clark and 3M Models available
Sanitizers, Dispensers, & Wipes
Single Serve Alcohol Wipes – Back in stock!
Lysol Disinfectant Wipes – – 80 count pouch
Motion Activated Desktop Dispenser – Use for Liquid or Gel Hand Sanitizer
Motion Activated Floor Dispenser – Available in liquid/Gel and Spray models – Pre-order now!
Wall models coming soon.
Touchless Infrared Thermometers – Basic and Premium options available
Non-Skid protective shoe covers – FDA Approved. Non-FDA version available cheaper soon.
Disposable arm length Isolation Gowns – FDA Approved
Nitrile and Vinyl Gloves – Back in Stock!