I got the ‘Rona! | Disinfectant Sprays and Wipes | Kids’ face masks coming soon
When I signed off Friday before last I said I had been dragging that day. Little did I know, I had come down with the ‘rona. I write my emails the night before so Friday’s email was written Thursday night. When I got home I wasn’t feeling that great and by the time I went to bed I discovered I had a fever of 100.0. Some people would say that is not a “fever” but if I am 98.7 it’s a fever to me. I hoped and prayed for the best but when I woke up Friday morning I was worse, and my temp was 101.5. I decided to go ahead to the urgent care for Covid testing. I called ahead and they had a drive-through setup and said they would test me for flu and strep at the same time.
I headed to the place around 12:30 and waited in line about 3 hours. That sucked. The longer I was there the worse I felt. I had a conference call scheduled for 3pm that I didn’t cancel as part of my time off, and I was on and off video while having swabs shoved in various places. The timing was fantastic – ha! Speaking of swabs – O. M. G. … they shoved the swab so far up into my sinuses that I thought they were going to bruise my brain. It was absolutely uncomfortable. When she was done I said “Don’t I get a lollipop or something?”. They said I would get my results in 2-5 days (it took 5). I said hey wait a minute what about the flu and strep test we talked about on the phone? They weren’t even going to do them. She said oh yea we can do that if you want. I’m like “no, I drove all the way here and sat in line 3 hours and I am willing to drive away not knowing if I have two of the most common illnesses. What sort of sense does that make?” (I am pretty sure I said all that). She said we will swab you again and you’ll know in 5 minutes. Both were negative.
So it was obvious that I needed to quarantine (can you believe that they gave me no instructions whatsoever when they tested me) and fortunately we have a guest room with its own bath and a second living room with TV so I was able to stay away from the family. I spent Fri-Sun on the couch watching Star Trek TNG, and the rest of the week watching more Star Trek and several movies I had never seen including Pulp Fiction (Crazy) and the three Godfather movies (Hard to follow). I drank more water and ate more ice than I think I ever have in my life and somehow lost 8lbs I’d been wanting to lose so I guess there is a silver lining. Like Emily said in The Devil Wear Prada – “I am just one stomach flu away from my goal weight”
I was pretty rough Fri-Sun with 102.5 fever, chills, headaches, my eyes hurt to move, and some minor to moderate sinus issues. Monday I was 50% better and Tue I was 85% better with no fever. I was just tired/weak. I stayed that way, only slightly improving each day through Sat when I felt 90%. Sunday I felt 95% and even got outside and did a couple things that I needed to do before I got sick. As I write this email Sunday night I feel mostly myself – maybe 97% and hope tonight my sleep will bring me back to normal.
I feel cheated out of a “vacation” of course. The CDC recommends that you stay quarantined 10 days from your first symptom and 3 days from last fever. The 10 days puts me back in service today, just in time to start back to work. So now I need a vacation hahaha.
All in all here is my personal opinion…. I have had the flu before a few years ago and it was way worse than this. That being said, this was not a walk in the park. I wouldn’t volunteer to get this again, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I did and it turned out the same way.
To all my conspiracy theory friends (“we” know who you are): Try this on …. Through this whole thing I was talking to a close friend. He has a friend that went to get tested, got tired of waiting in line, LEFT the line, and got a positive result notification several days later. Then my wife said that she read about a nurse that was suspicious and sent off clean swabs that came back positive. WHAT THE !!! I don’t have a lot of doubts about me having it. If I didn’t have the flu and I didn’t have strep I don’t know what else I would have had. But, some of the stuff I am hearing about test results are just a little too nuts.
From Joe, our friendly Safety Supplies Product Marketer:
We have new Clorox sprays available with more variations on the way. Take a look and stay tuned at the link below! (https://www.cablesandkits.com/mc/clorox-spray/fam-295/fp-18913/)
We have been having a constant flow of different disinfectant wipes coming and going so keep an eye out. Some great for households/offices and others that cost a little more but are EPA approved and perfect for more strict places such as healthcare facilities, Senior living areas, etc. (https://www.cablesandkits.com/safety-supplies/cleaning-wipes/cat-1388/)
Kids masks will soon be live on the site, both plain and pattern designs. These will contain antibacterial materials for maximum effectiveness! (They are not loaded up yet so stay tuned) (https://www.cablesandkits.com/safety-supplies/face-masks/cat-1376/)
Navigate to all our Safety Supplies offerings here: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
(Also check the Safety Supplies top level navigation for newly added categories)
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
N95 Mask – Both Kimberly Clark and 3M Models available
Sanitizers, Dispensers, & Wipes
Single Serve Alcohol Wipes – Back in stock!
Lysol Disinfectant Wipes – – 80 count pouch
Motion Activated Desktop Dispenser – Use for Liquid or Gel Hand Sanitizer
Motion Activated Floor Dispenser – Available in liquid/Gel and Spray models – Pre-order now!
Wall models coming soon.
Touchless Infrared Thermometers – Basic and Premium options available
Non-Skid protective shoe covers – FDA Approved. Non-FDA version available cheaper soon.
Disposable arm length Isolation Gowns – FDA Approved
Nitrile and Vinyl Gloves – Back in Stock!
COVID-19 / Business News for Today:
- Over 8,758,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 1,802,000 people in the US have recovered!
- Kentucky, Louisiana, Oregon and South Carolina all set new single-day records for new cases on Sunday. Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa and five other states have seen their seven-day averages for daily new fatalities rise by more than 40 percent in the past week.
- Los Angeles is “on the brink” of shutting down again, Mayor Eric Garcetti (D) said. Over the past week, Los Angeles County has seen its highest number of coronavirus-related hospitalizations since the pandemic began.
- A new mask requirement went into effect in France on Monday, making face coverings mandatory in all public enclosed spaces as the country tries to thwart a resurgence of coronavirus infections. Mask mandates are gaining increasing prevalence around the world.
- A British company said that a potential new treatment for covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, could slash the number of people needing intensive care by 79 percent. Synairgen, a biotechnology company based in the city of Southampton, said that its inhaled drug SNG001 had a dramatic effect on patients hospitalized with the coronavirus. The drug is a formulation of interferon beta 1a, a protein that people’s bodies use to fight infections.
- The Washington Nationals can’t exactly judge the Toronto Blue Jays. Until Friday morning, with less than a week until Opening Day, the Nationals were still considering alternate home sites for this season because of strict health regulations in the District. At the same time, the Blue Jays were waiting to hear whether the Canadian government would let them play home games in Toronto.
- The Louisiana Housing Corporation had set aside $24 million in federal funds to help about 10,000 tenants whose livelihoods had been ravaged by the virus, vowing to spend it on rent paid directly to their landlords. But since its launch on Thursday, more than 40,000 people have started the application process, the agency said. Officials saw no other option but to press pause on the initiative.
- Delta Air Lines passengers who refuse to wear masks will be required to complete a screening at the airport before boarding their plane, the carrier said. The rule, which goes into effect today, appears to serve as the strictest enforcement mechanism yet for the airline’s requirement on face coverings, which had gone loosely enforced for months by Delta and many other companies.