Pricing Feedback, the Sabbath, Todo Lists & a CEO Coupon
Welcome to a whole new week!
I hope you had a great weekend. I sure did. We saw lots of friends, spent time relaxing and watching some TV, hanging out by the pool with friends, and I was even able to go to a friend’s house from 4pm till Midnight on Sat and hang out, go to dinner, and watch a movie in his theater room. That may not sound like a big deal but as hard as I have been going lately it absolutely was. And I needed it! I feel more rested than I have felt in quite a while. Hopefully I am ready for what will come this week!
There’s a vendor I have been working closely with over the past few weeks that lives/works in New York and is Jewish. He is such a hustler during the week but on Friday night he disappears until Sat night. He pointed out that it’s the Sabbath which is why, and I told him I was a Christian and loved the Jewish faith; it’s the origin of Christianity after all. Jesus was a Jew. The difference between a practicing Jew and a Christian is the belief that Jesus was who he said He was – the son of God who came to bring a new covenant. But that’s another email for another day.
We had a conversation about how busy I had been and how honoring the Sabbath actually sounded pretty awesome. I told him that’s one thing Christians are not good at – honoring the Sabbath. The Sabbath, by the way, is the “7th day”. In Genesis the Bible says that God created everything in 6 days and on the 7th day He rested. One of the 10 commandments given to the Jews was to “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy”. They were commanded to rest, not work, and even had some pretty restrictive rules on what could and could not be done. To the Jewish people days are measured from sundown to sundown. Sunday is the first day of the week, which is why the Sabbath is Friday night to Saturday night – the last full day.
He told me “Dude, if I didn’t keep the Sabbath I would never be able to hustle all week long. I shut off my computer, my phone, my TV, and just relax, hang out with friends, etc. Come Monday I am ready to go”. What a lesson!! So, this weekend, while I didn’t completely cut everything off, I did make a big attempt to not work but to rest. It made a huge difference. The Lord cares so much about us that he commanded the Jews to take a day of rest. He didn’t “allow” it, he COMMANDED it. It reminds me of Psalm 23 – “He makes me lie down in green pastures”.
ANYWAY, the point is that we really need to give ourselves rest. I will give you guys credit – I receive concerned emails from DOZENS of you telling me I needed to rest. And you are absolutely right. That being said, I have written about seasons and the need for putting in extra work from time to get something really important done. The Health and Safety supplies effort was/is one of those times. The need was great, and the opportunity to help customers get what they need was time bound. I was receiving emails every day asking for all the things that we now have on the site, and am still getting emails asking for things I am working on. So, I did what needed to be done. But now, I have to start looking for an opportunity to get back to normal, or to a new normal. I actually really like working at night, but that means I need to figure out how to sleep later in the morning. But whatever I do, I have to work toward getting some balance back in my schedule.
Take a look at the list below of the things we now have available for you. I have made a few modifications to the list and added a few details. The best thing is always to go to the Landing Page and look around from there. Also, when there, be sure to hover the Safety Supplies top level category to see if anything new has popped up that hasn’t made it onto the landing page yet. And we really would appreciate you sharing us with friends or co-workers! What a nice way to say thank you by encouraging others to trust us with their business.
Also, I would love your feedback on pricing, product selection, and anything else you think would be helpful to us. We have all worked so hard to get things to where they are. Would you help us to see what we don’t see, change what we may miss, etc? I would be grateful!! And what is the next thing we should work on? Technology or otherwise.
And one last thing, I have been meaning to do this for a while and just haven’t gotten around to it. Here is a COUPON for 15% off ANYTHING in the store. You’ll likely forward this email to friends and co-workers, and that’s ok, but I am not going to leave the coupon up and working for too long. Prob just a couple days this week. You can only use it once (per customer) so make the most of it! —- Coupon code = CEODAILY
What will you accomplish this week? Is there one or two things that have been nagging you on your todo list that you might could knock out? What would be one step that you could take into the direction of knocking them out? Take it one small step at a time. Need new tires? Maybe you can start by writing down the sizes so you have them when you call for pricing and availability. After you have the sizes, make a few calls. Each day you can chip away until before you know it, you’re done.
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Quick Ship 3-Ply Disposable Mask – Buy in 10, 50, 2000
Standard Ship 3-Ply Disposable Mask – Buy in 10, 50, 2000
N95 Mask – Both Kimberly Clark and 3M Models available
Quick Ship KN95 Mask – Buy in qtys from 1 to 1200
Standard Ship KN95 Mask – Buy in qtys from 5 to 1200
Re-usable / Disposable Face Shields – Quantity discounts available. Can be custom printed.
Sanitizers, Dispensers, & Wipes
Hand Sanitizer: (Any link takes you to the same page to make a selection)
3.3oz Gel | 10oz Gel | 16oz Gel | 1 Liter Gel
4 oz Liquid | 1 Gallon Liquid | 1/2 Gallon Liquid
Single Serve Alcohol Wipes – Back in stock!
Clorox 75ct Disinfectant Wipes – – 75 count canister, avail in two scents as well as 3 packs.
Motion Activated Desktop Dispenser – Use for Liquid or Gel Hand Sanitizer
Motion Activated Floor Dispenser – Available in liquid/Gel and Spray models – Pre-order now!
Wall models coming soon.
Bottles and Pumps:
Bottle Dispenser Pumps – Pump tops for Gallon and Half Gallon Jugs
Empty Fillable Bottles – 8 oz bottles for dispensing liquid or Gel
Touchless Infrared Thermometers – Basic and Premium options available
Non-Skid protective shoe covers – FDA Approved. Non-FDA version available cheaper soon.
Disposable arm length Isolation Gowns – FDA Approved
Nitrile and Vinyl Gloves – Back in Stock!
Business News for Today:
- Over 3,476,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 761,000 people in the US have recovered!
- Oil rose as high as 2 percent on Sunday night, touching a 3-month high and trading above $40 for the first time since March 6. The gains come as OPEC, Russia and others agreed to extend record output cuts until the end of July. Also supporting prices was the fact that about one-third of oil production in the Gulf of Mexico was cut because of Tropical Storm Cristobal. With its last covid-19 case symptom-free for 48 hours, New Zealand has removed all restrictions and reopened its economy, becoming the first industrialized nation to emerge from the pandemic.
- U.S. stock index futures rose on Monday as a surprisingly upbeat jobs report last week added to optimism that the world’s biggest economy has weathered the worst fallout of the coronavirus outbreak. The DOW jumped over 200 points this morning, riding on the jump in airline gains.
- Tropical Storm Cristobal made landfall in Louisiana on Sunday evening, producing dangerous flooding in communities where residents were forced to weigh the relative risks of staying in the storm’s path and evacuating to shelters where social distancing could be difficult.
- Energy company BP said Monday that its global workforce will be trimmed by 10,000 jobs as the COVID-19 pandemic slams the oil and gas industry. Chief Executive Bernard Looney said that the roles will be office-based and come mostly this year. The company’s current global workforce is 70,000. The changes are expected to significantly impact senior levels, cutting the number of group leaders by a third. The company said it will make the senior structure flatter.
- U.S. electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc sold 11,095 Shanghai-made Model 3 vehicles in China in May, more than triple the volume seen in April, according to the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA).
- British media reported Monday that British Airways has teamed up with Ryanair and easyJet to begin legal proceedings over the new quarantine rules, in a bid to take the government to court over what they claim are “unlawful” measures. Under the new measures, which come into force today, people arriving in Britain will have to isolate for a period of 14 days — a restriction some critics say should have been implemented earlier in the year.