Protests & Riots, 3.3oz Sanitizer and Premium Thermometers in stock
Welcome to a whole new month. It is hard to believe it is June already. When this year started it seemed like everything crazy that could happen happened, and it’s been moving fast. My oldest daughter is turning SEVEN on the 14th and I just realized the other day that it was coming up soon. Then I thought, jeez we are almost half way to Christmas! I can’t believe she is about to turn 7. She was born just yesterday. Time flies.
So about the protesting and rioting … I don’t claim to be an expert at these things but I am just so sad for our country. It seems like every time we turn around we are fighting about something with someone, or fighting with or against something. 9/11, the Taliban, ISIS, sickness, political division, cyber-attacks, identity theft, the threat of trade wars, or real wars, or armed conflicts. Now, we have “life after COVID-19” to deal with and in the midst of that why don’t we kill some people and then burn down some cities. I am not even making a statement about who did what. I am just sad for the state of things. That’s all. I want to say “Can’t we all just get along”, but of course that is not how life works. BUT, what I WILL say is that we should each go out of our way to be gentle, and nice, and understanding with one another. No one said we had to solve every problem, but we can certainly try to not BE a problem. Today I went to pick-up dinner at Chilis (because I wanted my baby back). On the way out of the restaurant I passed a middle aged black lady. Normally I might just smile or nod, but today I went a little further and just said “Hey there, how are you?” and she responded similarly. I didn’t save the world. I just tried to be friendly to someone different from me who may also be sad about the state of things.
Black vs African American? I don’t think there is a single white person that knows 100% for sure which way to say it. African American feels almost patronizing and black feels almost too informal. Who knows! I say that because I want to tell a funny story. I met a guy a couple years ago from the country of South Africa. He is “Afrikaans” and therefore white. (South Africa was colonized in the early 1800’s and there are a few million white Afrikaans speaking people there today.) I have been there and it is an amazing and beautiful country. Anyway, when I met this guy here in the US and discovered that he was from South Africa I asked how long he’d been here. He said he’d moved here nearly 20 years ago, got his citizenship, so he’s an African-American. I don’t know why that made me laugh so hard but it did. I guess it was the fact that he’s a very white guy with an Afrikaans (British sounding) accent claiming to be African-American haha.
I just hired a new assistant and while on a video call together he said “Let me go message you on WhatsApp”. When he said WhatsApp he slowed the App part when saying it. I started laughing because it instantly reminded me of the Budweiser commercials from 20 years ago! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qls9jUK9s3w
WhatsUppppp …. WhatsApppppppp hahaha
Hand Sanitizer Dispensers in stock
Our little touch free hand sanitizer dispensers have been very popular! They dispense both liquid and gel and are small enough to sit on any desktop, countertop, or other surface for easy access. We just recently got a lot more in stock, and have a lot more coming! If you need a large order beyond our stock levels please email me!
Two Thermometers Options In Stock
We now have both standard and premium touchless infrared thermometers in stock. They are very similar but the premium is just a touch faster at reading temps. I think it is a little easier to setup as well, although both are fairly easy. Check them out here.
Gallon / Half Gallon / 1 Liter Bottle Pumps
1450 arrived on Friday, 3550 should be arriving tomorrow, and another 25,000 are coming in a week or so. Order now individually, in packs of 10, or cases of 500!
We now have Goggles! https://www.cablesandkits.com/mc/goggles/fam-287/fp-18828/
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Re-usable / Disposable Face Shields
Sanitizers, Dispensers, & Wipes
Single Serve Alcohol Wipes
10, 50, and 60 count wipes coming soon.
Motion Activated Desktop Dispenser
Wall and Floor Stand models coming soon.
Touchless Infrared Thermometers
COVID-19 News for Today:
- Over 2,862,000 (a 200k+ jump) people worldwide have recovered and 599,875 (almost a 100k+ jump) people in the US have recovered!
- Thousands of Georgians who have been teleworking during the coronavirus pandemic are being called back to their corporate offices starting today, such as Equifax and Global Payments, accounting for about 10,000 employees in the metro Atlanta area.
- U.S. public health officials are warning that the massive, countrywide demonstrations against police brutality, which show no sign of abating, could be followed by a sudden increase in novel coronavirus cases.
- The head of one of Italy’s top hospitals says the coronavirus is weakening as the country reports some of its lowest daily infections since March and begins easing restrictions.
- A Colorado man was billed more than $840,000 after spending two weeks fighting covid-19 in an intensive care unit — despite having insurance.
- Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and his entire family tested positive for the coronavirus, but he says he is not feeling any symptoms and will be working from home.
- Dave Blazek, artist for the syndicated comic, “Loose Parts”, is among at least 70 cartoonists who plan to pay visual tribute to first responders and other essential workers in their print and online color art on Sunday. The coordinated “cartoon gratitude” campaign will feature a handful of icons embedded into the strips.
- With Prime Minister Boris Johnson gradually easing lockdown measures, schools across England will begin reopening Monday amid fierce debate over whether the move is premature. The reopening applies to the youngest primary school pupils, between 4 and 6 years old, and the oldest, between the ages of 10 and 11. Other groups will be brought back in the coming weeks. Some schools have remained open during the lockdown to teach the children of essential workers.
- One small high school in Key West, Fla., has upped the ante with “Jet Ski graduation” — allowing seniors to receive their diplomas on personal watercraft. In lieu of a formal commencement ceremony, Somerset Island Prep, a public charter school, anchored a motorboat a short distance offshore. Students dressed in caps, gowns and masks took turns riding up to collect their diplomas from a formally attired principal who handed over the all-important document with a “grabber” to comply with social distancing protocols.