Sleepless in…Atlanta – Blame it on the Rain | Nitrile Glove update | Today’s COVID Update
Happily Dapily Wednesday! Woah, we’re half way there … Woah, livin’ on a prayer
Would you believe me if I told you I never went to bed last night? Of course you would. There should be a good reason, and I gotta blame it on something … so I’ll blame it on the rain. When I saw that this was titled “(Official Video)” I had to chuckle. For those that don’t know, this was a lip-sync scandal the likes of which music had never (to my knowledge) ever seen. The funny thing is I still like to listen to this song.
I indeed did not go to bed last night. I was working on sourcing Nitrile gloves like a maniac. I know how to source in China like the back of my hand (I often “beat” Chinese sourcing agents, finding things cheaper or faster than they can – muahahahaha.) But, for Nitrile gloves that is not the motherland. The motherland is Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam and a couple other places – before you get to China. It’s not that you can’t find them in China, it’s just that it’s not where the best prices are, or availability for that matter. Sourcing in new countries is a whole new skill. Fortunately I am a fairly quick learner, but sometimes at the expense of sleep.
On a positive note, I have some PO’s placed and will have some gloves on the way before you know it! Also, of major note, since I have found the big daddy factories, I have the ability to source any quantity needed. These factories don’t even want to talk to you if you’re not ordering 1, 2, or 5 MILLION gloves. So, for those of you that need 1, 2, or 5 million gloves I am here for ya!
Curry without the rice?
I can’t believe I am going to give you a recipe two days in a row, but hey, it’s just the kind of guy I am. As I have said, I have dietary restrictions and one of the things I cannot eat (at least right now) is rice or potatoes. I was on the way home from the office (more on what I was doing in my evil lab below) and the wife and I decided that I would stop for take-out. Yellow Curry Chicken from the Indian place sounded REALLY good, and I can EAT THAT, but I can’t eat the rice (or Naan – boo). I did this once before, somewhat out of desperation, and it was so delicious that I do it on purpose now. Steam Colliflower. Cut it up in bite size pieces. Put some olive oil in a pan, and stir fry it till it’s more firm and maybe even a little crispy on the edges. Ready your curry. Put that junk in a bowl and pour that mess allllll over. I get the tingles just thinking about it. Do it.
In the evil lab
So, today I got several samples of floor stand models of hand sanitizer dispensers in. I got three of them assembled and tested and have my favorite(s). There is one more coming in the next day or so and then I will make my decision and get a load of them on the way, and start taking pre-orders. I am curious though (and email me please), do you prefer GEL or LIQUID SPRAY? I can do either and I will probably offer both, but I wonder which one is going to be most wanted.
On the airwaves
By Friday we will be on the New Country 101.5 radio station here in Atlanta! Now I wouldn’t know a modern country song if it stole my truck and my wife and ran over my dog, but I hear this is a popular station! (Give me some Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt, or something else from that 9 month window of my teenage years where I listened to country and I am with you). We already have our commercial running on three Atlanta stations, and this will be a fourth. We have two more that we should be live on by the end of the week and we hope to be in Dallas by next week! It is SO cool to be on the radio after 19 years of nothing but online ads, and for it to work so well for our health and safety products! My dream is that we would make it nationwide. (teenage girl scream)
And in the famous words of porky pig, that’s all folks – I am going to bed before midnight for a change!
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Re-usable / Disposable Face Shields
Sanitizers, Dispensers, & Wipes
Single Serve Alcohol Wipes
10, 50, and 60 count wipes coming soon.
Motion Activated Desktop Dispenser
Wall and Floor Stand models coming soon.
Touchless Infrared Thermometers
COVID-19 News for Today:
- Over 2,454,000 people worldwide have recovered and almost 480,000 people in the US have recovered!
- US deaths crossed the 100,000 mark.
- Spain started flying flags at half-staff at more than 14,000 public buildings as the country – one of the hardest-hit in the world from the coronavirus – is beginning a 10-day period of mourning.
- House Republican leaders are suing Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to try to stop remote voting by proxy during the pandemic.
- Remdesivir, the only known coronavirus treatment, was developed with significant help from taxpayer subsidies. But federal agencies have not asserted patent rights to the drug, meaning that the manufacturer, Gilead, will be able to set its own price.
- South America is quickly becoming the new hotbed of the pandemic. A leading covid-19 model predicts the death toll in Brazil could surpass 125,000 by early August. In Chile, officials said approximately 95 percent of ICU beds are filled, even after capacity was doubled in March.
- European Union leaders on Wednesday proposed an $825 billion coronavirus rescue plan that would give Brussels major new powers akin to integrating the bloc into a federal state.
- Only about half of Americans say they definitely would get vaccinated against the novel coronavirus once a vaccine becomes available, according to a poll released Wednesday by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. The poll finds 49 percent plan to get vaccinated while 31 percent say they are not sure. Twenty percent say they will not get vaccinated.
- Major League Baseball and its players’ union began formal talks Tuesday over the most contentious issue facing the sport in its desperate, last-ditch effort to get back on the field amid an ongoing global pandemic: how to compensate players for a shortened season that will almost certainly be played without fans. And those talks, at least from the union’s perspective, did not go well.
Click HERE to receive the daily email in your inbox.