Brussel Sprout Recipe | Crohn’s Disease | KN95 Masks Price Drop | Personal Sized Sanitizer
Well well well … Monday Again! Wait, no … Tuesday.
You know we will all be a day off a day the whole week! I hope everyone had a great long weekend though! We got a last minute invite along with a few other couples to a friend’s house to have dinner and hang out around the pool. It was very much needed to have a little social interaction!
A Brussel Sprout Recipe…
They were grilling hamburgers and hotdogs and due to my dietary restrictions (see below), I made my own meal and took it with me. While doing so I accidentally created something I am going to tell you about below. Didn’t you know this was also a cooking show? So, one of the things I can eat right now is brussel sprouts. I like them fine boiled, but I have a funky way of making cabbage that is delicious and make brussel sprouts the same way. Basically, I cut the ends off, and then slice them into about 4-5 pieces. When you do, and stir them, they break apart making ribbons of sorts. So what I do is use some olive oil, put them in the pan, add salt and pepper, and cook them (stirring often) for a little while to sort of get the oil in there. Then, I add some water and stir and cook, tasting until they are as tender as I want them. OH … I forgot it today but I also add just a touch of apple cider vinegar. It’s good, you should try it.
… Accidentally Turned into Cole Slaw
But today, I didn’t feel like slicing till my fingers fell off, so I wondered if I could use the Vitamix to do it faster. I am fairly new to cooking and don’t know what I am doing. I put a handful of the them in there but apparently it was on the DESTROY setting. It made what looked like cole slaw. Hmmm …… I added salt and pepper, a little avocado oil (I would just as quickly use olive oil), and then a little vegan mayo. (I am not vegan, but I have an egg allergy). It was GOOD. I took it to our friend’s house and let several people try it. They all loved it. I shall now work on tweaking this recipe! I feel so fancy!
My Crohn’s Disease
As to my dietary restrictions, I was diagnosed with Crohn’s early this year and am trying to avoid going on a lifetime of medication by using radical diet changes, supplements, etc to get my digestive track back in order. I started my journey with a food sensitivity test from Everlywell (if you use this link and order a test you get 15% off and I get a gift card!). It showed that I have an immune response when eating eggs, dairy, and gluten. There were other things with lesser impact like beef, garlic, and others. They recommend you cut out the things that affect you the most and go from there. So, I did that which meant not eating bread or cheese so no more pizza. Bummer, but … there is a Mellow Mushroom pizza place near here that has gluten free crust and vegan cheese! It prob has SOMETHING in it I am not supposed to eat, but 1-2 times a month I go eat it anyway. SO GOOD. Anyway, I started there, and then went to a functional medicine doctor who put me on some supplements including a “shake” every day. Then I started eliminating foods from my diet that were “inflammatory”. Now I just eat tree bark – haha. No, I eat pork, salmon, and a lot of green vegetables – mostly kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, okra, and a few other things. I read a book called The Plant Paradox by Dr. Gundry that caused me to not eat many vegetables that you would think would be good for you, but that he says are not due to lectins. I also am trying to follow a “Low FODMAP” diet. I can tell you, doing all this at once is not an easy thing, but I am determined to get my body back in whack. OH .. the very cool thing about all this is I have lost FIFTY pounds. I feel great and get compliments about my sexy body haha.
Face Mask Price Drop
In partnership with our vendor, we slashed prices on KN95 masks! We dropped the price by $1 per mask in all package quantities for our Quick Ship AND standard ship KN95 masks. The case pricing just dropped to a price of $3.25 per mask for Quick Ship and $2.95 for Standard Ship! We also lowered the prices considerably for our 3-Ply masks!
As a reminder, the Standard Ship masks are a different vendor, but are of equal quality. They just take longer to order, arrive, and keep in stock. The Quick Ship masks are a little more expensive because our cost is higher, but we have huge quantities in stock.
New “Personal Size” Hand Sanitizer – Great Price!
I am excited to announce that we now have some “Personal Size” 100ml (3.38 oz) bottles of gel hand sanitizer coming!! They should be here today or tomorrow! We have them available individually and also in case quantity. The prices are quite nice, especially for the case!! Pre-order yours today!
We have a lot of questions about the availability of our products, so we did a video about it. Check it out here:
I could write a heck of a lot more, but I have some Star Trek to watch, emails to reply to, and sourcing to do so I am out! (It’s 2am)
Oh, speaking of sourcing – I am THIS close to having a mountain of Nitrile gloves inbound. Please pre-order on the site so I know how many are needed, or reply and start a conversation. Pricing can be better for large quantities so don’t be shy about reaching out.
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Re-usable / Disposable Face Shields
Sanitizers, Dispensers, & Wipes
Single Serve Alcohol Wipes
10, 50, and 60 count wipes coming soon.
Motion Activated Desktop Dispenser
Wall and Floor Stand models coming soon.
Touchless Infrared Thermometers
COVID-19 News for Today
- Over 2,388,340 people worldwide have recovered and over 464,727 people in the US have recovered!
- The White House on Sunday announced that the U.S. would bar entry of non-citizens traveling from Brazil, which has seen a sharp rise in coronavirus cases in previous weeks.
- More than 600 doctors wrote to President Trump asking him to help end the coronavirus-related shutdown aimed at slowing the spread of the disease. These medical professionals want the country to reopen as soon as possible, calling the shutdown a “mass casualty incident” with “exponentially growing health consequences.” We need to open smartly, safely, and soon. The health of the nation depends upon it.
- Mitch Daniels, the former Republican governor of Indiana and current president of Purdue University, wrote in a Washington Post op-ed Tuesday morning that failing to reopen the university for students this fall would be “an unacceptable breach of duty,” citing statistics on how the coronavirus mostly affects older people and not the 18-22-year-old cohort that attends colleges like his.
- South Korean court jails man for refusing to quarantine: An unnamed defendant was sentenced to four months in prison for refusing to stay either at home or in a government-designated quarantine facility.
- Britain registered its lowest weekly coronavirus death toll in six weeks as of May 15, according to data released by the UK’s Office of National Statistics (ONS).
- Asian stocks and US futures rose Tuesday, as a growing number of cities and countries around the world took steps towards reopening. Japan’s Nikkei 225 (N225) climbed 2.6%, leading the way in the region.
- LATAM Airlines Group, the largest air carrier in Latin America, has filed for bankruptcy in large part due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Click HERE to receive the daily email in your inbox.