2020 IT budgets being slashed |Thermometers and Alcohol Wipes In stock!
Gartner Predicts IT Spending Will Plummet By $300 Billion In 2020 As CIOs Slash Budgets. To a large degree this makes a lot of sense to me. The country has been shut down for weeks and weeks, lets just say 3-4 months by the time people are back in the swing of things – maybe. So, If you lose 1/3 of your year it stands to reason that you’d spend less on IT this year. But while logical, that doesn’t mean it’s music to the ears of everyone in the IT supply chain. If product A isn’t getting bought, the components that make up product A aren’t getting bought, and the labor to make them isn’t needed, and so on and so on. I’ve basically just described how an economy works. The wheels on the bus go round and round. Anyway, only time will really tell. I know there are plenty of people ready to GET SOMETHING DONE so if they can advance their projects they will. But, both companies and individuals alike pull back on discretionary spending when things are uncertain or revenue is down. That’s why consumer spending is one of the biggest predictors of economic growth – as they spend, the businesses have to invest to keep up with the demand, and the wheels on the bus go round and round. What do you think?
Today was a big day. After a heck of a lot of waiting, and money spent, we finally got a shipment of 800 thermometers in today. I used UPS CRITICAL to ship this one in, and even though it is about the most expensive shipping you can buy, it still took 6 or 7 days to get here. Customs leaving China plus the capacity on planes is just overrun. But, they showed up and this morning we will start getting orders out. Finally. I still have others on order that should be here shortly.
Here is a video of it!
We also got alcohol wipes live on the site! We have the individual wipes in 50 packs as well as case qty. We got 25,000 of them in today and another 25,000 should be here very soon. I have another 150,000 on order that I hope will ship to us by next week as well. We have 10 and 50 piece bags coming soon, as well as the plastic tubs. But for right this moment we have the individuals!
I have a good bit more I could say but I MUST go to bed. I am starting to dream with my eyes open haha. Have a great day and I’ll talk to you again tomorrow!
Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
If you received this email from a friend/co-worker/complete stranger and want to sign-up to receive it yourself, you can do so HERE.
Standard Ship KN95 back in stock! We finally got 10,000 of our “Standard Shipping” (Formerly “Basic”) KN95 masks in yesterday. As a refresher they are basically the same as the Quick Ship (formerly “Premium”) masks we have, but these cost us less and therefore cost you less. We have 5, and 10 packs plus cases of 1200.
10oz GEL hand sanitizer WITH PUMP TOP is here! (there are 35 per case if you want to order that way)
Alcohol Wipes in stock! More qty coming, plus other pack sizes.
Check out our hands-free COUNTERTOP motion-activated hand sanitizer dispenser! We have hundreds more coming and more behind those so order all you want!
Shoe Covers are live! There are 300 covers (150 pairs) per box. We are selling in packs of 10 and cases of 300. Pre-order now. ETA Friday.
Isolation Gowns are here! We have roughly 60,000 that just arrived. Additional qty’s avail.
Thermometers should be here Today or tomorrow. I hope. You might have to get me out of the nut house if not. You can pre-order now.
Large qty’s of 8oz bottles (for liquid or Gel hand sanitizer, or other liquids). Available as singles, in cases of 121 (odd right?), and pallets contain 7260 (we don’t have the pallet listed but you can email me or just order 60 cases which is a pallet). Here is a video of me demonstrating it.
Dispenser Pumps for Gallon, half Gallon, and Liter bottles. Taking pre-orders for these but they should be here next week.
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
COVID-19 News for Today
- Over 1,974,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 361,000 people in the US have recovered!
- Ready or not, the United States is reopening. All 50 states have started easing coronavirus-related restrictions.
- Spain is ordering everyone over 6 years old to wear masks in public areas as the government gradually eases one of Europe’s strictest coronavirus lockdowns, in effect since March 15.
- The German government has introduced new measures to prevent some foreign takeovers of German medical companies, giving officials more sway over the country’s expansive health-care industry.
- The Trump administration called on the United Nations this week to remove any references to reproductive health, including abortion, from a humanitarian response plan to address the rippling consequences of the coronavirus. “The United States stands with nations that have pledged to protect the unborn,” John Barsa, the acting administrator of USAID, wrote. “The U.N. should not use this crisis as an opportunity to advance access to abortion as an ‘essential service.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has not appeared in public for the past week, prompting many in the country to question his whereabouts amid the fight against the deadly outbreak of the coronavirus. Johnson, who was last seen a week ago on May 14 when he clapped for health workers on his doorstep, has not made any public appearances or statements this week, prompting so many people to use the hashtags #WhereIsJohnson and #WhereIsBoris that the phrases began trending on Twitter in Britain.
- Cambridge University is moving lectures online for the entire 2020-2021 academic year, making it the first British university to extend virtual teaching beyond the fall semester.
- South Korea began a phased reopening of schools on Wednesday, starting with the oldest students after a two-month suspension of classes due to the coronavirus. Some 450,000 third-year students returned to their high schools under a set of strict social distancing guidelines from temperature checks at the gate to mask-wearing in classrooms.
- When the NFL starts up, the novel coronavirus pandemic is going to dictate changes. One such change could be the addition of surgical or N95 material to the face masks on players’ helmets. The NFL and sports equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes, and Thom Mayer, the NFL Players Association’s medical director, said: “there will probably be a recommendation” to use modified masks.
Click HERE to receive the daily email in your inbox.