Captain Picard, Isolation Gowns Launched, Fiber Cables, and Buying Pre-owned Cisco
Did you know that Jean Luc Picard is back in a new series “Star Trek: Picard”? I just finished season one a few weeks ago and it’s fantastic. A friend said “I would listen to Patrick Stewart read the phone book”. I grew up watching Next Generation and I agree. After I finished Picard, while I am waiting for a new season, I heard about and started watching Star Trek: Discovery. Also fantastic! VERY fantastic! I just finished the last episode of season 2 over the weekend. So then I said hmm … what now? I never thought I would do this …. I started watching the original series! I am only a few episodes in but it’s cool to see where it all started! I was shocked to find out there were only three seasons of the original show. So, it won’t take long to get through them and then figure out where to go from there. I may try to watch it all chronologically, including all the movies. If you haven’t seen the new shows I highly recommend them!
Believe it or not, at CablesAndKits, even though safety supplies have been in the spotlight lately, our primary business is technology. For most of our 19 years in business we have been focused in two major areas: Pre-owned and fully refurbished (by us) Cisco Network Hardware (Switches, Transceiver modules, Cisco Phones, etc) and Network infrastructure (Ethernet, Fiber Cabling, Power Cords, etc). Let me tell you a couple things that might change your life …
There is very little reason to buy Cisco Transceivers “new” from a Cisco partner / distributor (“the channel”). With the newest switches and firewalls and such, if you want “SmartNet” coverage, there are reasons why you might want to buy from the channel. Not so for transceivers. It is a pluggable module that has no “software” on it and cannot be covered by SmartNet independently anyway (it is covered by whatever device it is installed in at the time). You can pay $400-600 for one from the channel, or you can buy one pre-owned from us for $35-150 each. Pre-owned can mean “pre-loved”, tested, and refurbished, or it can mean brand new never used in the box. Think of it like this…. You bought 100 switches and 100 (or more) transceivers to deploy on a project and ended up with too many. You can’t return them to Cisco, so you sell them to someone like us. We offer them to our customers at a huge savings over buying from the channel. Another scenario is you install a transceiver, use it for months, weeks, or days, and remove and replace it with a different model. You sell that to us, we test it, clean it, and offer it for sale at a huge savings. In both cases we provide a LIFETIME warranty on these products and a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. What do you have to lose? (The money you are wasting elsewhere, that’s what).
The most common Cisco transceiver bought today is the SFP-10G-SR. You can view the buying options and if you have ANY questions just let us know. If you are nervous about pre-owned, buy new. But I have been doing this 19 years and strongly suggest you buy the pre-owned. If nothing else, buy one and check it out. Back orders are ok – we have PLENTY of these in our supply chain. If you have any needs whatsoever, let us know and a sales rep can help you navigate the options, help you plan your options and delivery dates, etc.
We mastered fiber cabling many many years ago. We have three factories in China where our fiber cables are made and we receive shipments every day. In fact, our supply chain is so well oiled that we order fiber on Monday and it is manufactured and in the building on Thursday. (and Tue->Friday, Wed and Thur->Monday, etc). We have basic and premium options for fiber and our premium cables use Corning Fiber cores and upgraded connectors. Not only can you save a pile of money over the big name brands, you can work with people that can get you anything you need, when you need it.
This link will take you to a 1 Meter, OM3 (10 Gig), LC to LC Standard boot Premium fiber cable. It (and the basic version) is our best seller. From there you can change the different options to get what you need. And, if you want OM4 or OM5 (people do buy them but you’ll KNOW it when you need them) you can navigate to those pages in the top level navigation menu. You can order as many as you need and if they are not in stock they will ship in 3-5 days so order up! And as always, let us know if you have any questions at all.
I could go on and on about the things we sell, and I will try to fit in a product group here or there, but I figured it was my duty to at least mention a few of our top selling product lines! I’ll talk about other product lines and points of interest in future emails. If you have any questions let me know and I can also try to answer some of those in this email.
I’ve refactored the way the email is laid out, and I am sure I will refactor it 100 times in the future. I want to be verbose at times, but I don’t want to let something sit stale day after day if I can help it.
Start here: SAFETY SUPPLIES LANDING PAGE
Isolation Gowns are here! We have roughly 60,000 that just arrived and we have 800,000 more coming soon. There are some big orders in the works so if you need them, buy them on the site or reach out to me. I can get as many as needed.
Our new Desktop Hand Sanitizer Dispenser is here. Here is a video of me demonstrating it.
I am still working on wall mount and floor stand models. I will have an update on those soon.
If you know anyone looking for large qty’s of 8oz bottles (for liquid or Gel hand sanitizer, or other liquids), send them here:
View our 8oz sport top bottles with caps. These are available as singles, in cases of 121 (odd right?), and pallets contain 7260 (we don’t have the pallet listed but you can email me or just order 60 cases which is a pallet). Here is a video of me demonstrating it.
Dispenser Pumps for Gallon, half Gallon, and Liter bottles.
Face Shields – They are not blue, they are white. You can see it on my big fat head HERE.
Thermometers should be here Tuesday. You can pre-order now.
3-Ply Masks: Quick Ship 3-Ply Disposable Mask | Standard Ship 3-Ply Disposable Mask
KN95 Masks: Quick Ship KN95 Mask | Standard Ship KN95 Mask
Hand Sanitizer: 10oz Gel | 16oz Gel | 1 Liter Gel ||| 4 oz Liquid | 1 Gallon Liquid | 1/2 Gallon Liquid
Do you need shoe covers? I was offered some recently. 400,000 of them actually. There are 300 covers (150 pairs) per box and would be around $295 per box (about 0.98 per cover). Is this something you need?
I am still making progress on 75% alcohol wipes. More info coming soon.
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
COVID-19 News for Today
- Over 1,872,000 people worldwide have recovered and over 346,000 people in the US have recovered!
- The emotional health of Americans is improving as states move to reopen their economies following weeks of stay-at-home orders, a Gallup survey finds.
- Fewer than half of Americans (47 percent) say they worried a lot of the previous day, down from 59 percent in a survey conducted in late March and early April.
- Those reporting having experienced boredom have also dropped, to 41 percent from 46 percent. And those reporting having experienced happiness have risen to 72 percent, from 67 percent.
- Meanwhile, the number of Americans reporting loneliness has remained unchanged, with 24 percent saying they experienced it “a lot” during the previous day.
- After more than two months, Italy took further steps Monday to exit its prolonged coronavirus restrictions, allowing restaurants, hairdressers and shops to reopen and public masses to resume. The return of public masses marked the end of a confrontation between the Italian government and the Catholic Church over the timing of that move, which the government had originally scheduled for later.
- • Four months into the U.S. coronavirus outbreak, tests for the virus finally are becoming widely available, a crucial step toward lifting stay-at-home orders and safely returning to normal life. But while many states no longer report crippling supply shortages, a new problem has emerged: too few people lining up to get tested.
- • Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary slammed the British government for its handling of the coronavirus crisis on Monday and called plans to impose a 14-day quarantine for international travelers “laughable.” Speaking to BBC Radio 4, O’Leary said the policy was “idiotic and unimplementable,” adding that officials should be taking steps to impose more “effective measures,” such as issuing clearer guidance on face masks. The new quarantine policy has not been easy to understand. Under the rule, those arriving in Britain will have to self-isolate for two weeks — a restriction that some critics say should have been implemented earlier in the year.
- Chinese president Xi Jinping will deliver a speech to the World Health Assembly on Monday, according to the state-run Global Times, amid global calls for an independent investigation into the origins of the coronavirus.
- Hundreds of military personnel are reenlisting or postponing their departures from the armed forces this year, the Associated Press reported, as a historic economic downturn casts a cloud of uncertainty over employment and college prospects.
- Across all three branches, hundreds of service members are signing up for new short-term extensions that offer job security, steady paycheck and benefits — a combination that has all but vanished from the job market during the coronavirus pandemic.
Click HERE to receive the daily email in your inbox.