I hope you find today’s edition of the CEO Daily helpful. If you have tips, tricks, encouraging words, or something light-hearted to share, please let me know and I will try to include them in future emails! Also, I would greatly appreciate your feedback on any of the subjects below!
• Face Masks
• Hand Sanitizer
• Customer Feedback
• Customer Spotlight
• Tips of the Day
• Tee Hee Hee
• CK Inventory Updates
• Today’s COVID-19 updates
Update: We are still taking backorders. We have 20,000 KN95’s and 20,000 disposable masks that are shipping to us today. We hope to have them by Thursday or Friday. We have an additional 20,0000 KN95’s coming early next week. Prices are rising due to increasing shipping costs.
Currently, the KN95’s are sold in 10 packs (or cases) and the disposable masks are available as boxes of 50. It may be possible for us to offer disposable masks in 10 packs. Is that of interest to you?
Original Info: When all this craziness started and the world plunged into a face mask shortage, I figured I would see what I could do. After all, sourcing products is “what I do for a living”. So, I did the doables and now have our first supply of both standard and KN95 masks in stock ready to ship. If they are sold out when you land on the page, you can either place your order and we will ship as soon as we get more, or watch this email for updates. I can order as many as needed. Prices subject to change based on changes to cost and inbound shipping.
I NEED FEEDBACK. PLEASE READ BELOW AND REPLY.
I have started working on sourcing hand sanitizer. I have two options:
- A vendor close to me has shipments coming in daily. I am actually receiving and temporarily storing a full 18 wheeler for him tomorrow because he is out of space in his own warehouse. Sizes available are 4oz, 16oz, ½ Gallon, and Gallon. The prices are $10-100 depending on the size. I can make this available within a couple of days. (More expensive but avail quicker and in large supply)
- I am working on sourcing direct from a factory overseas. I am mostly starting with 2oz bottles and I believe they will be priced around $3-$4 each. I won’t know for sure until I get all the final costs including shipping. (Cheaper but will take longer to get it here and keep it in stock)
I would like your feedback so I know which way to focus my effort. Also, an indication of the qty’s you want/need.
Thanks for your informative emails. You provide good information in a concise format. A suggestion about the use of the masks…provide a “to donate to local health care providers” option.Judi V.
Thanks for the feedback / thoughts, Judi! I think that is a great idea when people know who has needs. I personally think that blindly shipping masks somewhere without knowing their actual needs could potentially be a waste. If you know who needs them, sending them some is a great idea. If you order on our site, you can change the shipping name / address on the order and we will send them wherever you like.
Also, I recently saw a site mentioned in a news article that claims to match donors with those that have needs. I don’t know anything about them, but I just signed up as a donor to see what happens. Seems cool. https://www.mask-match.com/
Renee Pfouts – Baltimore Potomac Truck Centers – https://www.bptruckcenters.com/
Baltimore Potomac Truck Centers operates five
full-service commercial truck dealership locations throughout Maryland and
Virginia, featuring franchise locations for Mack, Volvo, and Hino Trucks.
The corporation, founded in 1973, is a third-generation family-owned and operated. At its inception, it was a single location Mack truck dealership in downtown Baltimore (which later moved to its current location in Linthicum, MD). Over the years the footprint has expanded to the Washington, DC market, and Potomac Mack Sales & Service was established as the second location in 1982. The reach has since expanded even further to include locations in Hagerstown, MD, and Gainesville, VA, as well as a second facility in Linthicum, MD dedicated to the Volvo truck brand. Our portfolio has also grown, and now includes franchises for Volvo and Hino trucks at many of our locations.
Baltimore Potomac Truck Centers takes great pride in the people in our organization and the customers that we serve. We hope that you will consider becoming our business partner in the commercial truck industry.
Renee, thanks for allowing us to be a part of you serving your customers! – Craig
If you would like to be highlighted in a future email, let me know a little about your company, role, or mission in life!
Tip of the Day:
China’s National Blockchain – Blockchain-based Services Network (BSN)
It’s the end of the world as we know it … (and I feel fine). This is both very cool and very scary at the same time. From a technology and security perspective, I think blockchain has the ability to resolve security issues and protect data and people’s information it ways never before possible. On the other hand, I’m betting it will allow the Chinese government to track any data they want. They wouldn’t launch it if not. There are lots of implications to that. Your opinion?
Tee Hee Hee:
All I wanna do is zoom a zoom zoom …https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEbLloJV3rw&feature=youtu.be
CK “Work from Home” Inventory Updates:
Update: CP-PWR-CUBE4 – We have several versions in stock as of right now and more on the way.
Top “work from home / remote working” products. Our team has been working hard to build this section out. If you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know!
Cisco Phones: Sales have been through the roof on our Cisco phones lately: As Trump says, “They are really terrific phones. Very clean, like new, new cord, new box, I don’t know how you would know they were not brand new. Other phones out there? Total disasters! Junk! Don’t even think about it. Believe me”. And he’s right – our phones are PERFECT and a fraction of the cost of new. If we don’t have what you need, let me know.
Real-time inventory on: CP-PWR-CUBE-4, PoE injectors, Cisco AIR-PWRINJ4, AC Power Cords, and Ethernet Cables.
New products in the works: Small (4-6 port) PoE Switches, Webcams, HDMI Cables, HDMI Splitters/Switches, USB Ethernet Adapters, USB-C Hubs, USB-C HDMI Adapters. I would LOVE your opinions as we work to research and add these items. (Or what other items you’d like to see us add)
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. If you need help, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, I am here and listening.
Craig Haynie – CEO
Today’s COVID-19 Updates:
- Over 888,000 people worldwide have recovered and almost 119,000 people in the US have recovered!
- Facebook is tweaking its ad-targeting models to manage virus misinformation, and will no longer permit targeting for consumers interested in “pseudoscience.” It appears that targeting is also no longer available for “conspiracy theories.”
- Colorado, Mississippi, Minnesota, Montana, and Tennessee are set to join several other states in reopening businesses. Georgia, Oklahoma, Alaska, and South Carolina have already forged ahead to restart their economies following weeks of mandatory lockdowns that have thrown nearly one in six American workers out of their jobs.
- Post Office loan of $10B from Treasury will not be approved by the president unless the agency meets certain conditions, including raising package delivery rates: “If they don’t raise the price, I’m not signing anything,” according to President Trump.
- Air Force Thunderbirds and Navy Blue Angels will conduct flyovers of American cities to honor healthcare workers, the president stated. The itinerary has not been announced but may include smaller cities as well as large ones.
- The NFL draft First Round ended up smashing the record for the highest-rated draft of all-time, with all participants plugged in remotely due to the virus shutdowns and social distancing. The SEC represented: 15 of the 32 picks in the first round came from SEC schools, a single-conference record. According to the NFL’s Twitter page, the average audience during the Round 1 of the draft was 15.6 million, which was a 37 percent increase over the average audience from last year’s (11.4 million). More impressively, the viewership number was a 26 percent increase over the 2014 NFL Draft.
Click HERE to receive the daily email in your inbox.