Today’s Topics: Commercial Bowl 2021 | UV Light Phone Sterilizer w/Wireless Charging | Tax Season 2021 – Dave Ramsey | News to Start Your Day
Happy National Clean out Your Computer Day! Today is the perfect time to do some general housekeeping on your computer! All computers need regular organizing and cleaning up and after all this time working from home, I’m sure a lot of our computers could use some love!
So, last night was the Super Bowl game…or for most of the world, it was the 2021 Commercial Bowl. Congrats to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tom Brady. There were so many firsts and all kinds of history made last night. One of the biggest, thanks to Covid, was that Tampa Bay became the first team to win the Super Bowl in their home stadium. If you are a Bucs fan, then you have to be very happy and pleased with everything in the game last night. Brady, Gronk, and the Bucs Defense were all great last night. Love or hate Brady, you have to truly admit that he is a phenomenal player and leader.
In the year of Covid and how it has changed everything, you could see that effect on the commercials. There were several very impactful ones with great messages during this time. There were also some pretty funny and crazy ones like the Flat Matthew Doritos one, the Horses one from Sam Adams, and It Wasn’t Me by Cheetos. What were your favorite commercials from the Super Bowl last night?
On another note, a quick update on the house…God is so good! Everything with the appraisal came back great and everything is good to go for the closing. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for this last week. I was packing like crazy this weekend and got a ton done. It felt great to clean a ton of stuff out and have that much stuff packed up and out of the house. The new house is coming along very well, also. The plumbing and electrical are done and drywall should be going in this week. It is crazy how quickly it is coming together.
Have a great Monday and a great week!
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Happy Monday! We are still offering FREE SHIPPING on all Safety Supplies! Just use the Coupon Code: PPESHIP at checkout! Along with free shipping, our UV Light Phone Sterilizer w/Wireless Charging is now on SALE! Want to disinfect all your electronics? Tired of smudges on your phone after cleaning it with a napkin or cloth? This product might be for you! This box allows you to CHARGE AND DISINFECT your phone, Airpods, and Apple watch at the SAME TIME! You can sit back and watch as this box effortlessly sterilizes your everyday electronics! This box is also portable so you can take it with you anywhere and share with your family and friends!
Tax Season 2021 – Dave Ramsey Blog
With over 30 million Americans working as independent workers or “solopreneurs,” not to mention the endless free social media and selling platforms, there’s never been a better time or bigger audience to launch your own side gig.
Maybe you’ve always had a knack for repainting old thrift store furniture. Or maybe you’re a gifted musician who could coach other young aspiring talent. Maybe you have a specific education, training, experience or skill that you could develop into a freelance business such as financial planning or graphic design. Whatever your “thing” may be, there are plenty of good reasons to get going.
First, you can make extra money on the side. Extra money is always a good thing! Second, you can set your own schedule. That way you can build your business around your life versus the other way around. Also a good thing! And finally, you get to utilize something you’re good at and enjoy. Also a good—and fulfilling—thing!
Regardless of where you are now, you can get started now!
But, of course, getting started is the hardest part! I coach women with side businesses through my Business Boutique events all over the country, and I know how difficult and overwhelming it can seem. So, to help, here are the first five steps you can take to jump-start your side business.
1. Find community.
Just because you’re doing it on your own doesn’t mean you have to do it alone. Find other people who can help support your dream, provide resources or connections that may help you, or give you advice when you need it.
2. Create a plan.
It doesn’t have to be fancy or 14 pages long. You can make your own or search for a template online. It doesn’t matter how you do it; it just matters that you do it.
3. Be prepared to get scared.
Fear is just a part of the journey, and if you know that going in, you can set yourself up to overcome it. Putting yourself out there can feel vulnerable and scary, but you can’t succeed unless you do it! I write on this topic frequently because I battle fear just like you do.
4. Just take the first step.
Business can be overwhelming with all that you have to do, especially when you’re starting out. But don’t focus on all that you have to do. Just focus on one thing that you have to do. When you take that one baby step, it fuels your focus and gives you the confidence and momentum to take that second baby step.
5. Do it now.
If you wait until you’re ready, until you have more experience, or until all the details are perfect before you go for it, you’ll never do anything. Go for it now, when you’re not ready, you don’t have experience, it’s not perfect, and you’re scared out of your mind. Do it anyway. Do it scared. Ready is a myth.
There you go! These are the first five things you need to do to get started. And notice not one of them was “go buy a bunch of equipment and materials” or “pay $10,000 for a professional website.” Those things aren’t a bad investment later down the line when your business revenues justify it. But when you’re starting out, the problem isn’t the design of your website; it’s your fear, doubt, and hesitation.
If you do these five things, you’ll be well on your way to joining the movement of people making money doing what they love!
This article is from the Dave Ramsey Blog.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 9,782,082 active COVID cases, 17,354,388 have recovered and there have been 474,933 deaths.
- Did you tune in to watch the Superbowl commercials? This year’s Super Bowl brought ads from Bud Light, Cheetos, Robinhood, Chipotle, Pringles and many more. Read here for more on the ads and watch them again after they debuted on the game. Check them all out here.
- Apple is close to finalizing a deal with Hyundai-Kia to manufacture an Apple-branded autonomous electric vehicle, sources previously told CNBC. A so-called Apple Car would put pressure on legacy automakers to increase their self-driving vehicle technologies, much like Tesla has done with EVs. An Apple car – known as Project Titan – has reportedly been on and off for years.
- Senator Bernie Sanders said he opposes lowering the income cap for people to receive a full $1,400 direct payment as part of the next coronavirus relief bill. Senator Joe Manchin has raised concerns about the checks going to too many people, and President Joe Biden has said he would be flexible about eligibility to receive the money. Individuals making up to $75,000 would receive the full sum as of now, but Democrats are considering lowering the threshold to $50,000.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved marketing of a new device that could help patients suffering from obstructive sleep apnea. The device is the first device of its kind to be intended for use during the day, most devices are intended for use during sleep. FDA assessments found that the device reduced loud snoring by more than 20% in 87 out of 115 patients.
- Dogecoin rallied 65% in 24 hours to a record high of $0.083745 on Sunday, according to data from CoinMarketCap. Dogecoin, based on the “doge” meme, was initially started as a joke but has since gained a following. Elon Musk, Snoop Dogg and Gene Simmons have tweeted about the cryptocurrency recently.