Today’s Topics: Julia Child, what an interesting woman | Stay Connected with our 1080P HD Streaming Webcam | Reasons to Buy a Refurbished Server | News to Start Your Day
Happy World Nutella Day! Are you a fan of this delicious hazelnut spread? Today is the perfect day to create or try a new recipe! Don’t have any? Well, here are a few you can try! Nutella Banana Bread – Nutella Bread Pudding – Nutella Mocha Latte
Random thought for you today: Julia Child, what an interesting woman.
Julie & Julia is one of those movies that I wouldn’t say I loved, but I’ve found myself watching it multiple times in a sort of fascinated way, wondering about the real life of Julia Child. Recently in random conversation with a friend I was told that Julia was once a spy. I had to learn more, so I looked her up. Turns out that’s a simplified way of stating it, but she did in fact work as an intelligence officer in the office that was the predecessor to the CIA. Julia also was the executive assistant to a scientist who developed a shark repellent.
A secretary turned intelligence officer with top security clearance, an American living in Paris, author of one of the bestselling cookbooks of all time, a pioneer in the television cooking show arena; what an interesting life she lived. I’m fascinated by people like her who are seemingly fearless enough to take chances and in return live rich, adventurous lives.
Life is short, yet there is opportunity for many adventures if one can take a chance. Have a great weekend, friends!
Product Spotlights & Updates:
Happy Friday everyone! I wanted to pass along some good news that our brand new 1080P HD Webcam is on SALE! We know that quality webcams are hard to come by these days which is why we wanted to add this product to our catalog! In a world full of virtual meetings, it is more important than ever to have a webcam that delivers on video & audio quality! This webcam is perfect for all of your video conferencing needs! It works seamlessly with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, FaceTime, Skype, YouTube and more! It seriously has it all!
- 1080P Full HD quality for a clear, crisp, lifelike picture
- Built-in Noise Reducing Microphone to cut out the unwanted distractions from background noise
- 90 degree Wide View Angle to give you the wide view you’re looking for
- Plug & Play to make it easy to use! Ready to go in less than 1 minute!
Reasons to Buy a Refurbished Server – CK Learning Center
As your company’s IT manager, you are required to make many decisions when it comes to selecting which technology you will utilize to best fit the needs of your company. One of the decisions you will be faced with is selecting a server that fits your needs for both price and performance. When it comes to shopping for servers, the options and price ranges are nearly endless. You might become overwhelmed and begin to think that you will have to sacrifice either price or performance, however we’ve got good news. You can have the best of both worlds by going with a refurbished server. Here are some reasons this might be the best choice you could possibly make!
Of course, price is an important factor to consider when you are working within a tight budget. Although new servers may have ever-so-slight advantages over refurbished ones in term of performance, most often the differences in performance are minor but the price difference is great. Buying a refurbished server can see you save 10, 20, or even 50 percent per unit. As a smart shopper, you want to get the most out of each dollar and buying a refurbished server allows you to do just that, which means you have more money left over for other IT needs.
There is a misconception that the refurbished servers‘ performance is inferior to new ones. The truth is that the performance of a server is based on the configuration (drives, memory, processors, etc) of the particular server. A new server with the same configuration as a refurbished server should perform exactly the same.
Most IT departments replace their servers, not because they are damaged but because of schedules that they follow or agreements with manufacturers. Consequently, it is possible to get a refurbished server that in excellent shape and can be used for another 5 to 10 years without any issues. Next time you need to replace your server, contact us for a refurbished server that may even see you achieve better performance, and for a fraction of the price.
Maintenance cost is an important consideration when buying a new or refurbished server. One major benefit of going with a server that is one or two generations behind the new ones is the availability of spare parts. Getting replacement parts for refurbished servers can be easy and affordable, reducing maintenance cost and stress that comes with trying to find the correct replacement parts.
Many people go for new servers because they trust the brand of the server and they feel confident that they can rely on the warranty (assuming one is provided). However, most warranties offered by other companies are limited to 2-3 years and, in many cases, they even cost you extra money. We’ve got your back, though. Here at CK we offer an industry-best lifetime warranty on all of our servers. That means that if you experience trouble with the server or components in the server, we will make it right!
Newer isn’t always better. We are huge advocates of refurbished servers because of the many advantages they bring. When you throw in our lifetime warranty, there’s really nothing to lose! We can help you replace your servers stress-free.
This article is from the CK Learning Center.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, in the US, there are 9,755,273 active COVID cases, 17,031,629 have recovered and there have been 466,988 deaths.
- Johnson & Johnson applied for an emergency use authorization from the FDA for its coronavirus vaccine. The company released data last week showing it was about 66% effective in protecting against the virus. If J&J’s application is approved, it would be the third Covid-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use in the U.S. being those developed by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna.
- As Covid-19 cases spike around the country, so does the demand for s’mores in American homes. Chocolate and candy sales have been on the rise since the start of the pandemic as people are cooped up inside their homes searching for every small occasion to celebrate. Chocolate sale were 40% to 50% higher in areas with an increased number of Covid-19 cases than areas that were lower, reported Hershey.
- Demand for Peloton’s at-home fitness equipment has surged during the Covid-19 pandemic, and customers’ deliveries are being delayed due to backlogs. Peloton says it’s making investments to be able to offer customers more clarity on when their cycles and treadmills might arrive.
- Health tech company, Clover Health Investments responded to allegations made by short-seller firm Hindenburg this week. Clover acknowledged that it did not disclose inquiries made by the Department of Justice about its business prior to its IPO through a SPAC backed by Chamath Palihapitiya, but characterized the inquiries as standard practice. Clover also said it received a letter from the SEC following Hindenburg’s report and said it would cooperate with the agency.
- Iceland, like much of the world, has embraced Disney’s popular streaming service, Disney+, since it arrived there late last year, with characters from Mickey Mouse to Mulan now available to watch on demand in homes across the country. But there is a problem, the government says: None of the moves or shows are dubbed or subtitled in Icelandic. The country’s education minister sent a letter of complaint to Bob Chapek, The Walt Disney Company’s chief executive, this week, urging the company to cooperate in the country’s efforts to preserve its language.