Today’s Topics: Few of Our Favorite Things | Shoe Cover Packs | Cisco Stack-Kits | Who Moved My Cheese? | News to Start Your Day
December 2nd is National Mutt Day…so give your mixed breed, four-legged friend a high five and an extra treat today!
Hi, friends! Today I thought I would share with you a few of our CK Staff Favorite Things. I always enjoy these types of curated lists at Christmas. You never know what new gadget you’ll run across! (I’m also linking to the best deals I can find for each of the items.)
- Samsung Frame TV – we have this in our living room and love it
- Skarsta Sit/Stand Desk from IKEA – a favorite for Gary, he uses it in his home office
- Apple AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case – more comfortable than regular AirPods with great noise-canceling technology
- Back and Neck Massager with Heat – I bought this for Craig for Father’s Day and I think I use it more than he does
- 1080p Autofocus Webcam with Built-in Mic – one of our own products! Check out the reviews. Great for all the Zoom and Teams meetings happening these days.
- ecobee SmartThermostat with Voice Control – we have several friends who use these. They also made Gary’s top list of gadgets for his home.
- Google Wifi Mesh System – easy wifi for your home
- Onewheel Motorized Skateboard – “Destroy Boredom” with this fun, electric skateboard
- LED desk lamp – great desk lamp for WFH, even adds a little brightness to video meetings
- Bosch Bluetooth Laser Measure – home improvement project MVP
… these are a few of our favorite things. Happy shopping!
Product Spotlights & Updates from Rebecca:
Happy Wednesday! Did you know that we have Shoe Covers available for purchase!? These shoe covers are Blue Polypropylene and are Non-Skid and Anti-Static! We have them in Packs of 10 or Boxes of 300! These have been a hot seller so grab them now! In stock and ready to ship! Best of all… they are on sale!
Reminder: Get free shipping on your PPE orders by using coupon code PPESHIP at checkout!
Visit our Main Safety Supplies Landing Page.
Check out the Cisco Catalyst 3650 Stack Module, C3650-STACK-KIT. This stack-kit is compatible with Cisco Catalyst 3650-24 and 3650-48 switches! It is powered by Cisco StackWise-160 technology so it features improved performance with a 160 Gbps bandwidth!
Who Moved My Cheese? – by Jason, Ecommerce Manager
I always thought this was the best title for a book about change. The book is by Dr Spencer Johnson and it discusses navigating the mazes and “mouse-traps” associated with any change in our professional and personal lives.
So, you maybe be asking this morning, “who moved my cheese?” when you opened the email this morning. I know it has a little different look and feel to it, but it is the same, personal email that it always has been. We are trying to make it a little easier on your eyes as you read through it each morning.
We are extremely grateful and blessed by the growth, engagement, conversations, and help that has come out of Craig’s vision for this email in its short 7-month life. It has taken on a life of itself for us and the CK community. It is a bit unusual for a network equipment company to send an email out every day that pretty much has nothing (or not much) to do with networking equipment, but more so with building and growing a relationship with our customers, partners, and friends…YOU!
As this email has grown, we have had to find new processes and ways to handle parts of it, so the look and feel is just another part of it. I tried to keep it as close to the old one as possible for now, but I hope to evolve the email to be easier for you to read, skim over, find what you are looking for, or just to enjoy it. We will also be bringing in some new voices from the CK Leadership Team to help with some of the content so you can meet them and hear from their hearts and about their passions here at CK.
If you have any ideas, thoughts, etc. for the email content, look & feel, or things you would like to see in it, please send me an email. I would LOVE to hear from you about it. you can either respond to this email or you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time to read these emails daily, for being a part of the CK community, and for helping us continue to be a better company for you and everyone else.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, since February, worldwide there have been about 64,374,300 cases, 44,636,900 have recovered, and there have been 1,490,474 deaths. In the US, there have been about 14,113,700 cases, 8,338,500 have recovered, and 277,021 deaths.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, laid out a timetable on Monday for when sports teams will likely be able to pack stadiums and arenas again. “So it probably will be well into the end of the summer before you can really feel comfortable [with full sports stadiums] – if a lot of people get vaccinated. I don’t think we’re going to be that normal in July. I think it probably would be by the end of the summer.”
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention panel tasked with deciding who will first receive COVID-19 vaccines when they become available has recommended the nation’s health care professionals and residents of long-term healthcare facilities get vaccinations first.
- Though the first case of the coronavirus wasn’t identified in the U.S. until January, a new study suggests that the novel disease was present earlier in the country than first thought. A study published Monday in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases conducted by researchers with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests that the novel virus was present in the United States as early as mid-December 2019.
- The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, under emergency use approval, will be rolled out in the U.K. next week, with elderly people in care homes and medical workers first in line.
- Salesforce is buying Slack using a combination of stock and cash. Prior to Slack, Salesforce’s biggest deals were the $15.3 billion purchase of Tableau last year and the $6.5 billion acquisition of MuleSoft in 2018.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise is relocating its headquarters to Houston, Texas. The company is currently constructing a new campus. The coronavirus pandemic has given a number of tech companies, and prominent Silicon Valley figures, an excuse to exit California.