Today’s Topics: Favorite Streaming Service? | Today’s Christmas Deal | Face Mask Friday | Important Dates & Info | News to Start Your Day
December 18th is National Ugly Sweater Day. Time to break out those crazy Christmas sweaters and show them off today.
Hello there, Jason here. I am filling in for Christin today.
I had an interesting discussion last night about TV shows and streaming services. It revolved around how shows/series/movies are moving towards network-based streaming channels and how could cable/satellite TV continue to function and be a viable choice for much longer. I mean, with the rise of Disney+ and its extreme success, it’s hard to knock that the method works. CBS All Access, ESPN+, and HBO Max are just a few of the channels that have helped change the landscape recently on how and what we watch. (Of course, including the movies and shows just available on Prime Video & Netflix.)
For me, I am thinking about “cutting the cord” and dumping my cable TV and just going with Disney+ (gotta watch The Mandalorian!), Prime Video, CBS All-Access, and FOX. I think that would cover most of my bases between local news, sports, shows, and movies. Seriously, with Disney+ alone and the shows, they are releasing over the next year or so, I should have enough to watch and keep up with for a long time. (I am a HUGE Star Wars and Marvel fan…if you are too, have you seen the list of shows???)
What’s your take on it? Have you cut the cord and, if so, what are your favorite streaming channels/apps? Maybe you will help convenience me to do it even sooner. haha!
Have a great Friday and an amazing weekend.
Until next week!
Product Spotlights & Updates from Rebecca:
We’re rolling into Friday with our 9th deal of our “12 Deals of Christmas” sale!
We think you’re going to love this one too… We have ALL of our GLC-T Transceiver Modules on sale! The Cisco GLC-T is a convenient and economical solution to achieve Gigabit Ethernet speeds using your existing infrastructure as this SFP provides full-duplex Gigabit Ethernet over Cat5e copper wire! Additionally, these 1000Base-T transceivers are hot-swappable and utilize an RJ45 interface. GLC-T modules are IEEE 802.3:2000 compliant and can operate at lengths up to 100m (328 ft)! Check out our options of New In Box, Refurbished, or CK Branded!
As always, I encourage you to check out awesome reviews from our awesome customers!
Happy Face Mask Friday!! (wear it with your Ugly Sweater)
Is that a thing? Probably not but I’m going to go with it! We still have some awesome looking cloth face masks in super fun patterns available! They definitely make for a great way to add a little style while staying safe! We have them in both kid and adult sizes! Check them out!
They would make great stocking stuffers!
Important Dates & Info
- Our 12 Deals of Christmas will continue next week with a new set of amazing deals!
- We have many other year-end deals going on right now in the CK Outlet.
- The CK Office & Warehouse will be closed for the Christmas holiday on Friday, 12/25. – Any changes in cutoff times for shipping will be posted on our website.
- The CK Office and Warehouse will be closed for New Year’s Day on Friday, 1/1. – Any changes in cutoff times for shipping will be posted on our website.
- With the extreme increase of online shopping this year along with the vaccine shipments, shipping times may vary from normal ranges next week. If you need something quickly please be aware of this or give us a call or chat to confirm.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, there are 20,759,940 active cases worldwide, with 1,671,325 deaths. In the US, there are 7,015,675 active cases, with 317,929 deaths.
- Vice President Pence and second lady Karen Pence got the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the White House this morning, on live TV in an effort to vouch for the vaccine’s safety and efficacy. It comes as the Food and Drug Administration prepares to authorize a second coronavirus vaccine, developed by Moderna. An FDA panel deemed that vaccine to be highly effective in clinical trials, clearing the path to approval.
- University of Houston men’s basketball Coach Kelvin Sampson revealed Thursday that every player on his roster, 15 to be exact, has at one time or another tested positive for the coronavirus this year. Some members of Sampson’s coaching staff have also tested positive, he said. Just over a third of Sampson’s team returned to the practice court on Tuesday after a recent outbreak forced the program to halt workouts last week.
- The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency said the suspected Russian hack “poses a grave risk to the federal government.” CISA has not said who it thinks is the “advanced persistent threat actor” behind the “significant and ongoing” campaign, but many experts are pointing to Russia. It’s not clear exactly what the hackers have done beyond accessing top-secret U.S. government networks and monitoring data.
- Digital currency exchange Coinbase is going public as renewed investor interest in cryptocurrencies has pushed bitcoin to an all-time high, passing $23,000.
- CVS Health and Walgreens will start giving Covid-19 vaccinations on Friday to residents and staff at nursing homes and assisted living facilities, making them among the first Americans to receive the shots. The two companies struck deals with the federal government to run the on-site clinics.
- On a phone call Thursday afternoon, Trump told allies that he believes stimulus payments in the next relief package should be “at least” $1,200 per person and possibly as big as $2,000 per person, the officials said. Congressional leadership is currently preparing a stimulus package that would provide checks of $600 per person.