Today’s Topics: Snowball Fight! | Today’s Christmas Deal | Hand Sanitizer Accessories | CK Christmas Party | News to Start Your Day
December 17th is National Maple Syrup Day! This calls for stacks of pancakes, waffles, french toast, or biscuits smothered in syrup! (Now I’m hungry!)
Have you seen indoor snowballs that have shown up on the market in the last few years? Walmart has them in store, Amazon has several options, and I’ve seen them at other retailers as well (Big Lots has a great price here). Our girls received some yesterday and had an absolute blast with them. So many laughs and giggles! They are soft but have a firmness factor like a real snowball. A set of them would make a fantastic gift that the whole family could enjoy. Christmas morning snowball fight, anyone!?
Product Spotlights & Updates from Rebecca:
We’ve made it to Deal 8 of our “12 Deals of Christmas”!
This deal is for the Cisco Catalyst WS-C3750X-48P-S which is one of the most popular switches we offer. We currently have this on sale for only $240! This layer 3 switch features (48) Gigabit Ethernet ports with (1) network module slot, IP Base software, and Stackable Data & Power! These switches are highly customizable as you can choose from a variety of network modules and redundant power supplies. Here at CK we try our best to be a one-stop-shop for all your networking needs so you can find all compatible accessories, modules, power cords, power supplies, and stack cables right on the product page!
If you are uncertain whether a PoE or PoE+ switch better suits your needs, be sure to check out our Learning Center article to help you understand the difference and when to use each!
Pump up The Volume…err…Hand Sanitizer!
I want to introduce you to one of our lesser-known products that we carry… Dispenser Pumps! Our pumps have a 9” diptube and 4cc output with a neck diameter of 38mm and a neck height of 400mm! We offer these for purchase individually, as well as in packs of 10 or packs of 500!
CK Christmas Party! – by Jason, Ecommerce Manager
This year has continued to be a unique year and a year of firsts. Christmas is not immune to the weight and “changes” that have come throughout the year.
Yesterday, “most’ of the CK family got together for our annual Christmas lunch/party. It was great seeing the staff in person, well, at least as many who could be there or felt comfortable to be there. Even with the temperature checks, social distancing, hand sanitizer, and not being able to serve ourselves with the food, we powered through and had a great time! It almost felt like “normal”…whatever normal is in 2020.
We are grateful to Craig & Christin for hosting the lunch and time of celebration for us. The food was AMAZING…I hear the lobster bisque was the best. (Unfortunately, I am allergic to shellfish so I just had to take their word for it. With the way everyone was going on about it, I was almost willing to give it a try and then pop a handful of Benadryl…haha!). After some time of food and fellowship, we moved into the time-honored tradition of the CK White Elephant Gift Exchange. (Even this was a bit different this year.) The gifts ranged from gift cards, to fake snowballs, to a “Quarantine Care Pack” including toilet paper, paper towels, and cleaning supplies. I think the two most coveted gifts were the Bob Ross Fun Pack and Star Wars “The Child” Chia Pet.
The whole time was an absolute blast! The best part was getting to see everyone in person (even if social distanced with masks at times…haha!) Again, a huge THANK YOU to Craig and Christin for the great party.
Today’s News to Start Your Day:
- As of this morning, there are 20,518,250 active cases worldwide, with 1,658,635 deaths. In the US, there are 6,911,900 active cases, with 314,694 deaths.
- Vice President Pence is set to receive the coronavirus vaccine live on camera Friday, the White House said. Officials from the Biden transition team said the president-elect could receive the vaccine as soon as next week.
- A health-care worker in Alaska had a serious allergic reaction after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The second case involved a staff member at Bartlett Regional Hospital who “experienced eye puffiness, lightheadedness, and scratchy throat ten minutes after being injected with the vaccine,” according to the city of Juneau’s website.Congressional leaders are nearing agreement on an approximately $900 billion economic relief package that would include a second round of stimulus checks.
- Facebook accuses Apple of moving the free, ad-supported internet into paid apps and services, where Apple can take a cut. Apple’s change will take a privacy option that was previously more difficult to access and put it front and center when consumers open an app. It’s expected to dramatically impact the ability of advertisers to target ads because people are not to opt in.
- EU approves Google’s $2.1 billion acquisition of Fitbit, subject to conditions. The Commission on Thursday set out a number of commitments that Google must follow over the next 10 years. It said Google must not be able to use the health data of Fitbit users in the European Economic Area for advertising and enforced a technical separation of Fitbit’s data from Google’s. Based in San Francisco, Fitbit is one of the world’s leading wearable device manufacturers.
- Dave Clark, who runs Amazon’s retail operations, wrote to a CDC panel on Wednesday asking that the company’s front-line employees “receive the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest appropriate time.” Health-care workers and nursing homes have been given first priority to receive the Covid-19 vaccine, but essential workers are expected to be among the groups prioritized in the second wave of recipients.