Elections, Painting, & Allergies | Disinfecting Solutions | QSFP 40G | Make It About Relationship | News to Start Your Day
Happy Tuesday & Election Day!
Good morning, friends. Big day today. Election Day. I hope each of you will exercise your right to vote. Craig and I both voted early, and man am I glad we did. It is shaping up to be one of “those” weeks.
You know what I mean right? One of those weeks where it seems like everything is happening at once. Somehow November seems to start that way for us every year, and it really doesn’t stop until December 26th. I look forward to that slow, schedule free, last week of the year!
We’re having some painting done this week. It is the last step in a year long repair to multiple rooms in our home. We bought this home in the summer of 2019 and pretty soon we realized that there was water damage around the door in our bedroom. Once we opened it up and realized the actual cause, it was a much bigger problem than we expected. Two large windows upstairs had improperly installed flashing. There was extensive damage in the walls in our bedroom, the kitchen, and in our girl’s bedroom. Studs and headers had to be replaced, roof panels had to be removed and decking repaired, two windows had to be removed and reset. Big stuff. Needless to say, I am definitely happy to finally be to the painting stage!
(Gray paint PSA for those looking for a good one: I used SW Light French Gray for the first time and I LOVE it! We also have the oh so popular SW Agreeable Gray in our home, along with SW Silver Satin. I’ve also used BM Gray Owl before. I’m definitely all heart eyes over the Light French Gray right now.)
Have you seen the 2021 Colors of the Year?
Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? Just 24 days to go. I am getting early “Black Friday” sale emails often. I took advantage of one today, and I thought I would share it with you all. When Craig was trying to understand what was going on with him (before his Crohn’s diagnosis), he did a food sensitivity test from a company called Everlywell. At that point we knew the issues he was having, and we knew our daughter had some food allergies. It seemed like a good step to take. Once he learned what his body was reacting to, he changed his diet and it truly changed his life. He’d been taking Zyrtec daily for nearly 15 years and was able to stop it. His runny nose, sore throat and ear infections from the congestion were gone. He also started losing weight rapidly. In total he’s lost about 60lbs.
The test measures your IgG response to certain foods and gives you a ranking of high, moderate, and normal reaction to them. This is different than an IgA food allergy test done on the skin. Our daughter’s food allergies were diagnosed with a skin test, and it is considered a true food allergy when there is an immediate response like you’d have with the skin scratch test. This IgG test is more of a long term immune response to inputs (i.e. someone who eats wheat and has joint pain a few days later). You can learn more about it here: Everywell Food Test. I just ordered one for myself. (Please, please, please don’t say I shouldn’t eat cheese.)
Use code EARLYBIRD through 11/8 for $50 off $149+ or $75 off $250+. ***This post is not an ad nor is it sponsored in any way, just sharing a code that came to my email for a product we’ve used and found value in.
Today’s Product Updates from Rebecca:
Happy Tuesday! I wanted to draw your attention to our MagiCare 75% Alcohol Cleaning Wipes as we just dropped the price to $4.25/pack! This convenient pouch includes 50 wipes and is perfect for keeping in your car, purse, desk, or anywhere else you choose! These wipes kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria!
We also still have our individually wrapped 70% Alcohol Cleaning Wipes. Pick these up in a Pack of 50, Pack of 100, or Case of 2,500!
Speaking of disinfecting, we still have just under 40 bottles of Half Gallon Liquid Hand Sanitizer. The price can’t be beat so snag yours now!
We’ve also got plenty of 8 oz Gel Hand Sanitizer as well as 3.38 oz Gel Hand Sanitizer!
Reminder: Get free shipping on your PPE orders by using coupon code PPESHIP at checkout!
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
Today I want to point your attention to a cutting edge transceiver module, the QSFP-40G-SR4! We have seen an increase in the popularity of these 40G modules and it’s easy to see why! The future of connectivity is FAST and this module is here for it! This incredible transceiver features speeds of up to 40G over a wavelength of 850nm using a MTP/MPO connector. This versatile transceiver can be utilized in a 4x10G breakout mode to allow for interoperability with 10GBASE-SR and SFP-10/25G-CSR-S (in 10G mode) interfaces up to 100 and 150 meters on OM3, and OM4/OM5 fibers, respectively. This high bandwidth module is hot-pluggable, and uses low power consumption!
If you are not yet familiar with QSFP modules, check out our Learning Center article “What are the differences between SFP, SPF+, QSFP, and QSFP+” to learn more! I think you’ll be impressed!
Make It About Relationship – By Gary, our Chief Administrative Officer:
When we revisited and updated our Core Values during 2019 one of the values carried over was relabeled from “Serve Others” to “Make It About Relationship.” We felt this broader and more encompassing rewording aligned better with our heart. This summer I read a tweet from @mcgillmd910 which resonated with my heart. I saved it and ran across it again this weekend when I was filing some old notes. I realized anew how well McGill’s philosophy describes our intent for Make It About Relationship; so I’m sharing it with my own revisions, both as a window into our hearts at CablesAndKits and hopefully also an inspiration in your own life.
- First. Always be the first to say hello, make eye contact, or shake someone’s hand (You can tell McGill wrote this pre-COVID. Haha!)
- Help. Every time I encounter another person, think: Help this person. Not someday. Now. Helpful acts of service are seeds which always produce a bountiful crop. And, not just in the lives of others. Nothing else can so quickly improve the richness and joy in your life (and even supercharge your career).
- Delight. Look for ways to bring happiness and delight to others in every interaction.
- Lean-in. Go into every connection I make with another person expecting magic. Assume the best intentions of the other person. Extend grace and not judgment.
- Lovingkindness. Each day send notes or verbal expressions of kindness and appreciation to people in my life. An attitude of gratitude is a salve to all kinds of wounds and even a deterrent to our own natural inclinations to pride.
- Serve. Focus on the growth and well-being of the people and communities to which I belong. Help the people in my life develop and achieve their highest potential.
None of this happens automatically. Our natural inclinations to selfishness require purposeful acts to Make It About Relationship.
News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 47,453,400 cases worldwide, with 34,109,900 people who have recovered, with 1,213, deaths AND 9,568,400 cases in the US with over 6,172,900 people have recovered, with 237,009 deaths.
- Election Day has stretched across several weeks, with more than 98 million people already casting their ballots — either through mail-in or early in-person voting. That’s more than double the 46 million people who voted early in 2016.
- Cellular, or “T-cell,” immunity against Covid-19 is likely to be present within most adults six months after primary infection, a new study claims. Research by the U.K. Coronavirus Immunology Consortium (UK-CIC), Public Health England and Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust has found “robust T-cell responses” to the coronavirus virus six months after infection.
- Dow futures pointed to a nearly 400-point gain at Tuesday’s open as Americans who haven’t already voted go to the polls to make a stark choice between President Donald Trump or Democrat Joe Biden. Nearly 100 million votes have already been cast early in an attempt to reduce crowds on Election Day during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Americans have shown they are eager to shop, even during a recession and global health crisis, the National Retail Federation’s chief economist, Jack Kleinhenz, said Monday. Retail sales rose 1.9% in September, higher than economists surveyed by Dow Jones anticipated. A survey by the trade group found that consumers plan to spend about $50 less on holiday food, gifts and more, however.
- AMC, the world’s largest cinema chain, which has been slammed by the coronavirus pandemic, is set to report quarterly earnings Monday afternoon. Last month, it warned investors that its dwindling cash pile could push it to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Walmart has cut ties with Bossa Nova Robotics, which made robots that scanned shelves for inventory, according to The Wall Street Journal. The retailer has come up with other simple and cost-effective ways to manage the products on its shelves with its human workers rather than robots, according to the report.
- Hurricane ETA is now a Category 4 hurricane and expected to make landfall in Central America and then curve back out into the Caribbean again with a possible track towards Florida.