Plan, Build, Run | 3-ply Masks | Keystone Surface Mount Box | Important Shipping Announcement | News to Start Your Day
Hey there, friends. It is now just two weeks until Thanksgiving. Can you smell the turkey cooking in the oven? I’m looking forward to some warm, delicious comfort food very soon.
Since we’re working on our year-end planning and these things are top of mind, I thought it might be interesting to walk through some of the ideas that we use as guides in our business. I’ve mentioned before that at the center of our Core Values sits “Be a Model.” We want to be a model in everything we do, and that includes sharing some of our business practices with you all in hopes that it helps you in some way.
First up: what we call the Value Creation Cycle. In each area of our business, we break down the roles into functions that align with the Plan > Build > Run model. The Plan function is responsible for developing strategies and (you guessed it) plans. The Build function takes those plans and converts them into products and/or recurring processes. Lastly you have the Run functions, that’s the repetitive operational things that actually get the work done. Each of these functions is vital, and the better each area can work together, the more efficient we become. Value is created by us being able to purposefully decide a direction, build out the products or processes needed, and then do the ongoing activities with excellence.
I’m pretty sure I mentioned to you all that we use a marketing agency whom provides us with a fractional CMO and Marketing Manager. One of the reasons we were able to quickly hire and onboard the marketing agency was because of their organizational structure being aligned with our own. The marketing team is now one of my favorite examples of this Plan, Build, Run idea happening in our business. The CMO is Plan, the MM is Build, and the Technicians (graphic designers, email marketing agency, social media specialist) who do the work are Run.
Having this framework and working within it has brought clear accountability to each role, and we believe that’s a key ingredient to success in business.
Today’s Product Updates from Rebecca:
Happy Thursday! Yesterday we featured some awesome new Adult and Kids cloth masks that we added to the site, but today I wanted to remind you all about our 3-Ply Protective Face Masks! We still have them available, still at an amazing price! We also have Children’s Face Masks available as well! These adorable masks are sized for children and have super cute designs!
Reminder: Get free shipping on your PPE orders by using coupon code PPESHIP at checkout!
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
Today I want to point your attention to a small product that can make a big difference in the look of your home office! I’m talking about our Keystone Surface Mount Box w/Keystone Plate! These attractive surface mount boxes blend in perfectly in your office or home office décor and can hold a multitude of jacks! Ours are white 1-port keystone surface mount boxes with a spring shutter port! Mounting screws and double-sided tape are included! We offer this in several package quantities:
I haven’t even yet mentioned the best part… these are on sale! Get them now for a steal of a deal!
Important Shipping / Order Announcement – Jason, Ecommerce Manager:
This Friday, 11/13/2020, we will begin our year-end physical inventory count. With this in mind, our shipping cut-off time will be 1:00 pm EST tomorrow (Friday). Any order placed after 1:00 pm tomorrow will be shipped first thing Monday.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call, shoot us an email, or chat with us on the site.
News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 52,568,500 cases worldwide, with 36,765,900 people who have recovered, with 1,291,849 deaths AND 10,708,700 cases in the US with over 6,648,700 people have recovered, with 247,398 deaths.
- With Thanksgiving two weeks away and coronavirus cases rising in New York, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo tightened restrictions in the state on Wednesday by limiting private, at-home gatherings — including holiday celebrations — to just 10 people.
- Maryland’s football game against Ohio State has been canceled because of an elevated number of coronavirus cases within the Terrapins’ program, the school announced Wednesday. It is the eighth major college football game scheduled for this weekend to be postponed or canceled because of coronavirus concerns, five of them involving Top 25 teams. This includes games for Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, and Tennessee.
- The U.S. reported over 144,100 new coronavirus cases Wednesday, the worst single day of the pandemic and the ninth straight day of 100,000-plus infections. Starting Thursday, New Jersey put some coronavirus mitigation restrictions back into effect. New York is set to re-impose similar curbs on Friday.
- Dr. Michael Osterholm, a coronavirus advisor to President-elect Joe Biden, said a nationwide lockdown would help bring the virus under control in the U.S. He said the government could borrow enough money to pay for a package that would cover lost income for individuals and governments during a shutdown.
- Facebook’s temporary post-election ban on political ads could continue for another month, it has told advertisers. Its temporary pause on electoral, political and social issue ads in the U.S. would continue because it can prevent confusion or abuse on its platform, the company said, according to emails viewed by CNBC.
- Bitcoin’s price rose as high as $16,019 just after 5 a.m. ET, according to data from industry site CoinDesk. Bitcoin has more than doubled in value this year, a wild climb reminiscent of its monster rally in 2018.
- The 30th named storm could officially form in the Caribbean this weekend. It has a 90% chance of formation. If it does, its name will be Iota.