Free Shipping + Free Stuff | Aironet Products | PPE Bundles | Repetition is the Gold Standard
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
I wanted to draw your attention to the free shipping coupon we shared yesterday for safety supplies/PPE. Now that the market has caught up to demand on most of these items, we’re working to get focused on our core products once again. Many of our most popular safety products are now being offered at or below cost! Use code PPESHIP for free standard/UPS Ground shipping on safety supply orders. Rebecca has more info about other discounts in her update below.
Hey, do you know any businesses, schools, or purchasing agents for government agencies who may still need larger quantities of masks, disinfecting wipes, gloves, or dispenser stands? We would love for you to connect us. I’m happy to discuss a referral fee for larger orders, let’s say orders >$1k. Throughout spring and summer we were selling wipes in canisters and packs by the pallets or case to businesses who needed them. We’d love to connect with those who still have a need.
When we helped our friends clean out their house recently, we figured out that traditional garage sale methods have largely been replaced or are heavily supplemented by online marketplaces, specifically Facebook marketplace. We sold many of the larger items for our friends that way. (That’s your tip of the day, story style.)
Now that Craig is on sabbatical, he’s been working on some projects around the house, including organizing and cleaning out our barn. Earlier today he told me he posted a heavy, non-working item for free. You know, “come get it and fix it or scrap it, whatever you want to do with it” type post. I am always amazed at the questions you get about items on FB marketplace (“will this fit in my Jeep Cherokee?” “do you have the manual for the 1972 manual can opener you just listed?” “do all the light bulbs in the $20 light fixture work?”), and apparently even when an item is free, people still have questions. Someone wanted to know how old is this item? Certainly there are valid reasons for this question, but by this point Craig had over 20 people who had messaged and wanted to come get it. No more effort required to get it gone. His response: “How old is it? It is free years old.“
I thought you all who enjoy Craig’s humor may enjoy the laugh. I cracked up. Several of our friends saw the response and cracked up as well. A “negative Nancy” made sure to point out how rude he was. Supply and demand, it even applies to items that are free of charge.
Today’s Product Updates from Rebecca (our Product Manager):
Today’s spotlight is all about the AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9 Cisco Aironet 3700 Series Access Point! This ready-to-install, easy-to-manage access point offers high capacity, high security, enterprise-class features to deliver wireless LAN access with a low total cost of ownership. Designed for coverage in offices and similar RF environments, this unobtrusive access point features integrated antennas and dual IEEE 802.11a/g/n/ac radios for comprehensive and predictable coverage, providing a combined capacity of 450 Mbps!
PPE / Safety Supplies Update:
Welcome to another day of AWESOME deals on PPE! You guys are loving our free shipping coupon code! As Christin mentioned above, you can get free shipping on PPE by using code PPESHIP at checkout!
Yesterday our new 6 Pack Clorox Wipes Bundles were flying off the shelf! In the same spirit of giving GREAT deals in a bundle, we recently lowered the bundle pricing for the 6 pack of Clorox Germicidal Spray to only $55.20! That’s a 20% discount off the price of a single bottle of spray!!
Another spray that has been super popular lately is the Claire Disinfecting Spray! We have it in 2 scents: Fresh Scent and Lemon Scent but they are selling fast! Grab yours while we still have stock because when these are gone, they’re gone!
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
Repetition is the Gold Standard – by Gary our Chief Administrative Officer
(If you missed part 1 in yesterday’s email, you can read it here – Goals vs Good Effort.)
Apollo Mission Moment #2
For some reason we naturally think that repeated communication is unnecessary or even condescending. Yet, repetitious communication was standard practice in the space program. The teams in Houston and onboard the spacecraft made it a practice to verbally repeat back an assignment and provide positive feedback upon its completion. Interestingly, this repetition did not offend highly competent team members.
It is impossible to over-emphasis the importance of effective communication in both our business and personal lives. Very often key business activities are completed incorrectly or late (or both!) due to ineffective communication. Too often we erroneously equate delivering messages with communication. Communication is a multi-party process. The job of communicating is not complete until every participant receives and understands the message.
Leveraging the Moment:
- Practice repetitive communication (especially on critical issues).
- Actively seek confirmation that intended recipients received and understood the message.
- Be humble. The greater responsibility for ensuring communication is on the sender, not the receiver.
“Effective communication opens the door to success” (Unknown)
We hope you are enjoying (and will continue to enjoy) these emails. If you are, we would appreciate it if you let us know! Respond to this email with your feedback. If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let us know, as well! As always, please continue to let us know how we can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, we (including Craig) are here and listening.
The CK Team
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
COVID / Tech / Business News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 35,888,500 cases worldwide, with 26,907,500 people who have recovered, with 1,049,696 deaths AND 7,680,000 cases in the US with over 4,895,300 people have recovered, with 215,039 deaths.
- President Trump returned to the White House on Monday night after spending the past three days at a military hospital in Maryland, where he had been receiving treatment for covid-19.
- Around 1 in 10 people worldwide may have contracted the novel coronavirus, the World Health Organization said Monday.
- The NFL told the league’s head coaches and general managers during a call Monday that teams must comply with the sport’s protocols and warned them in a memo that further violations could result in the loss of draft picks or even forfeits of games. The NFL said it also is implementing a video surveillance program to monitor teams’ adherence to the in-season coronavirus protocols developed by the league and the NFL Players Association.
- Google Workspace is the new name for G Suite, whose properties such Docs and Sheets were previously known as Google Apps.
- Ahead of an expected launch for its new iPhone, speaker and headphones, Apple Inc. has stopped selling rival products in its retail stores, Bloomberg reported. The move, which reportedly happened “at the end of last month” for its online store, impacts brands such as Bose Corp., Sonos Inc. and Logitech International SA. Bloomberg added that Apple retail employees were told to remove the products from its physical stores in “recent days.”
- “The Price Is Right” is getting back into the swing of things as it resumes production — now recording three episodes a day instead of two — amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The popular program will flaunt a newly-redesigned set that adheres to COVID-19 protocols regarding social distancing and sanitization– and for the first time in the show’s nearly 50-year history, audience members won’t be given the chance to “Come on down!” because studio onlookers won’t be in attendance.