Opposites Attract | Easy-to-use Sanitizer Dispensers | The Mighty OM3 Fiber Cables | News to Start Your Day
October 29th is National Cat Day! For all of you cat lovers out there, today is your day!
I’m sure you all have heard the saying “you have to spend money to make money”. My husband adds another step; he spends to make, but he ultimately makes money TO spend money. That may seem like a silly sentiment to some of you. Of course you make money to spend it! But that isn’t true for all of us. Some of us really enjoy saving. Dave Ramsey says it this way: when it comes to money, most people are either a nerd or a free spirit, and in most marriages, opposites attract!
Craig and I did an Entreleadership 2-day course with Dave here in Atlanta many moons ago. It was fun, and we learned a lot. Craig had trouble during that course admitting he is a free spirit. I’m not sure why. I think it is one of his most endearing qualities (except when it drives me crazy). He’s now more mature and has fully embraced his free spirit spending. In fact I’ve heard him say to multiple people recently “when I’m not making money, I’m spending money!” Do I look panicked? I kind of feel it.
I’m definitely a nerd when it comes to spending. I like to save up, I love spreadsheets, and I do enjoy buying things I want so long as it doesn’t breach the threshold of comfortability in my savings account. After Craig finished the barn cleanout project here at our house, he started to focus his attention on a new hobby. Some of you who are more tech-oriented may appreciate this. He installed a Plex server on a newly built PC, bought a Western Digital portable drive with Plex already installed (this is for our RV), and he’s buying up Blu-ray DVDs from people for $1-$2 per movie to rip them down to files to store on his personal media server. (Me? I really like the buy/rent button on Amazon for movies, ha.) In all the tech ways, Craig definitely IS a nerd.
One thing led to another with the media server movie project, and he’s now commandeered our guestroom in the basement and is turning it into a theater room. Maybe now you can understand more fully why when he’s telling people “when I’m not making money, I’m spending money!” I start to feel a little anxiety. Just how much does it cost to build a theater room? I guess I will find out soon enough. I’m itching to start planning and get a spreadsheet going to keep this project on track, and I’m eager to get Craig back from sabbatical so he can focus on the making money part of this journey.
Opposites attract means a lifetime of adventures. Us nerds need the free spirits in our lives, and vice versa. Here’s to embracing who we are and loving it! I’d love to hear your spender/saver, free spirit/nerd, opposites attract stories if you’re up for sharing.
Today’s Product Updates from Rebecca:
Happy Thursday! It’s been a while since we highlighted our Hand Sanitizer Dispensers! We offer a wide variety of dispensers, everything from Desk Top Dispensers to Wall Mount Dispensers to Floor Stand Dispensers! These dispensers are a must-have for modern offices! Keep your employees and customers safe with conveniently placed hand sanitizer dispensers. Perfect for home use as well!
Don’t forget that we offer hand sanitizer that you can use to fill your dispenser! We still have just over 60 bottles of Half Gallon Liquid Hand Sanitizer.
Reminder: Get free shipping on your PPE orders by using coupon code PPESHIP at checkout!
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
Today we are featuring a product that’s an absolute staple… Sometimes overlooked, not always given it’s due, but always there for us when we need it… OM3 Fiber! This small but mighty cable is an MVP when you think about it… it utilizes laser-optimized multimode (LOMMF) transmission and enables high bandwidth with speeds up to 10Gbps!
We offer a wide variety of options in OM3 (and many other optical modes!) including your choice between Basic Cable or Premium Cable. We also offer a variety of connector types including Push-Pull Tab, Standard, and Uniboot!
Our Premium OM3 cables feature Corning® Optical Fiberglass to give you the highest degree of strength and purity along with low attenuation! In addition, our cables are made with Bend Insensitive Fiber (BIF) meaning you can bend and twist away with minimal loss, Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) jackets, Ultra Physical Contact (UPC) Polish, and Simple Polarity Reversible Function!
Check out our awesome selection of cables!
News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 44,969,600 cases worldwide, with 32,833,300 people who have recovered, with 1,181,727 deaths AND 9,136,800 cases in the US with over 5,940,600 people have recovered, with 233,340 deaths.
- Tropical Storm Zeta made landfall near Cocodrie, Louisiana at 4:00pm CDT yesterday. It then raced through the southeast causing many fatalities and tons of damage from Louisiana through Georgia and on up the East Coast.
- The U.S. economy grew at a record 7.4 percent in the third quarter, a sharp reversal from its historic second-quarter plunge. The US GDP boomed at a 33.1% rate in Q3, better than expected.
- Dr. Anthony S. Fauci said for the first time Wednesday that the United States needs a nationwide mask mandate to combat the rising tide of coronavirus infections.
- Germany and France announced month-long lockdowns on Wednesday, saying that the resurgence of infections had spiraled out of control.
- Shares of Pinterest surged in trading Thursday – shares up 28%. Investors rallied around the company’s blowout third quarter earnings that indicated advertising demand revved up after a difficult period due to the Covid-19 pandemic earlier in the year. Pinterest’s boost from a rebound in advertising likely signals positive things for its tech peers that also have major advertising businesses.
- Moderna is prepping for the global launch of its potential coronavirus vaccine, already taking in $1.1 billion in deposits from governments, the company said Thursday. It said it was in ongoing talks with the World Health Organization-backed COVAX initiative on a tiered pricing proposal for its potential vaccine. Moderna already has supply agreements in North America, the Middle East and in other regions of the world.