Hobbies + Mental Break | Cisco Catalyst WS-C3750X-48P-S | PPE Specials | News to Start Your Day
It’s Friday!! You’ve made it!
Welcome to the CablesAndKits CEO daily email. Read more about this email by scrolling to the very bottom.
This week has been fast and furious for me, and I am looking forward to a slower paced weekend. Since I began working in CK again this summer, the change of pace from weekday to weekend has become more dramatic and completely flip flopped from what it was before. Pre-Covid we typically reserved weekends for more going and doing, hanging out with Craig (because he was gone to the office so much during the week) and seeing friends. Mondays were restful, a reset back to “mom’s pace” for the girls and me. In our new routine it feels like we run from Monday to Friday, so by the weekend I’m in need of a mental rest. Since this season of life with littles doesn’t offer much physical rest, I try to do things that help my brain take a break or at least do things that offer a change in mental activity. Two of my favorite things to fill that space are reading and working on mood boards for redecorating rooms in our home.
I’ve been a reader for as long as I can remember. As a pre-teen I had a subscription to The Babysitter’s Club book club. Each month I received a package with three books plus Babysitter’s Club themed merchandise. It was one of my favorite days of the month, and I usually read the books in just a few days. As I grew older and eventually came into the business world, I tried to translate my love of reading to more how to, business, and learning books, but I honestly still struggle to spend my reading time in these type of books. Reading is an escape for me, like watching a good movie, usually of the chick flick, comedy or drama variety. For some reason I used to find it embarrassing in business circles to admit this or talk about it, perhaps because so many good learning type books are referenced in business conversation. Here I am now “confessing” it to all of you.
Last weekend I read The Lies That Bind by Emily Giffin. I hope it’s eventually made into a movie like one of her other books has been. It was a great escape/mental rest for me. Tomorrow is library day for me and the girls, so I’ll be looking for my next reads. What are some of your favorite books?
Besides reading and digital mood boards for décor, I also like to cook and do photography. Craig bought a watercolor art kit for me last Christmas that I have yet to try, but I expect it’ll be a good mental break type activity as well.
What are your hobbies? How do you change the pace of your days to have a physical or mental rest?
PS – today begins Craig’s sabbatical and he’s thrilled to have the time away. Several of you have asked about his knee. It is still improving, which he’s been really happy about. We’re going to be focusing on diet changes to help his Crohn’s (and overall inflammation), and I’m convinced the reduced stress load will help on all fronts. I’ll be sure to keep you updated about his health journey (and likely his shenanigans, because there are always shenanigans with him) while he’s away. Thanks for asking how he’s doing!
Today’s Product Updates from Rebecca (our “Rock Star” Product manager):
One of the most popular switches we offer is the Cisco Catalyst WS-C3750X-48P-S. This layer 3 switch features (48) Gigabit Ethernet ports with (1) network module slot, IP Base software, and Stackable Data & Power! These switches are highly customizable as you can choose from a variety of network modules and redundant power supplies. Here at CK we try our best to be a one-stop-shop for all your networking needs so you can find all compatible accessories, modules, power cords, power supplies, and stack cables right on the product page!
If you are uncertain whether a PoE or PoE+ switch better suits your needs, be sure to check out our Learning Center article to help you understand the difference and when to use each!
PPE / Safety Supplies Update:
As mentioned in yesterday’s email, we have Blue Nitrile Gloves IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP! You guys have been buying them up! Since it’s Friday, we figured why not make going into the weekend a breeze by putting the gloves on special! These gloves are moving fast so I’m not sure how long the sale will last so buy them up while we have stock!
We also still have stock of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes! The sale price has dropped for these for today only! In addition, we have dropped the sale price for MagiCare wipes… snag your pack of 50 for only $2.95!
Main Safety Supplies Landing Page: https://www.cablesandkits.com/c/safety-supplies
We hope you are enjoying (and will continue to enjoy) these emails. If you are, we would appreciate it if you let us know! Respond to this email with your feedback. If not, or if you have ideas for how to improve, by all means, please let us know, as well! As always, please continue to let us know how we can be of service to you. If you need assistance with something, advice, or even if you just need someone to pray for you, we (including Craig) are here and listening.
The CK Team
P.S. Don’t forget to go follow us on Facebook here: CK Facebook Page.
COVID / Tech / Business News to Start Your Day With:
- Right at 34,540,500 cases worldwide, with 25,704,200 people who have recovered, with 1,028,568 deaths AND 7,497,980 cases in the US with over 4,737,400 people have recovered, with 212,702 deaths.
- President Trump and the First Lady announced this morning that they both tested positive for COVID and have begun their 14-day quarantine. The president’s physician, Sean P. Conley, wrote later that Trump and his wife “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”
- Vice President Pence and his wife test negative for coronavirus, a spokesman said Friday morning.
- The House passed a $2.2 trillion Democratic coronavirus stimulus plan Thursday night even as Democrats and the Trump administration struggle to strike a relief deal. In a 214-207 vote, 18 Democrats voted against the measure as lawmakers in competitive districts grow weary of the ongoing impasse over aid.
- Amazon on Thursday released comprehensive data into the spread of the coronavirus among its employees, disclosing for the first time that more than 19,000 workers, or 1.44% of the total, contracted the virus. Between March 1 and Sept. 19, Amazon counted 19,816 presumed or confirmed Covid-19 cases across its roughly 1.37 million Amazon and Whole Foods Market front-line employees across the U.S. Amazon previously declined to share the data, saying it would be misleading and lacked context.
- Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium (MBS) is the first professional sports venue to sanitize its arena using drones. MBS, which is home to the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United FC, partnered with Charlotte-based company Lucid Drone Technologies to use its D1 disinfecting drones to sanitize key areas in the arena, according to a news release. Additional Covid-19 cases force NFL to move the postponed game to later in the season. The technology has been tested as part of the sanitization process as the arena welcomes fans back for the Falcons’ upcoming home game against the Carolina Panthers on October 11.
- Nintendo released Thursday a free new battle royale game called “Super Mario Bros. 35” as part of a celebration of the little plumber’s anniversary. The new Nintendo Switch title is only available from October 1 until March 31 as a free download for Nintendo Online subscribers. After that point, it will no longer be playable. Hearkening back to the original “Super Mario Bros.,” this new “35” reboot takes you back into Mario’s world in 1985 — with a twist. You’ll still jump, collect coins and avoid enemies. But this time, you’ll play against 34 other Marios and aim to be the last mustached plumber standing — or the one with the most time remaining when others have timed out.